Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fair Weather Blogger ...

Well, apparently when I have things like days off from work and/or holidays I am MIA in the blog world. Ooops. Sorry about that. Luckily (for my blog, but not so much for me per se) I don't have too many of those coming up, so the posts should be back to their previous frequency.

Thanksgiving was great, it was the traditional bounce from one house to another which is all I know and therefore is tradition for me. First we went to my Aunt Kathy's house for a brunch schmorgesborg of turkey, dressing and all the fixin's, followed by heading to the Fulmer's house for a lunch schmorgesborg of turkey, dressing and all the fixin's (anyone seeing a pattern here?), and on to my Mama's for a dinner schmorgesborg of turkey, dressing and all the fixin's. I have a love hate relationship with this day. I love it because Thanksgiving food is one of my FAVORITE foods ever (I know it's not a type, but it is to me) and I get THREE FANTASTIC VERSIONS of it in the same day! I hate it because I get THREE FANTASTIC VERSIONS of it in the same day and am usually in need of maternity pants by nightfall. Thankfully through our training for the half marathon (in 2 weeks YIKES!) I think my body somehow balanced it all ... pretty well. At least as good as can be expected. I'm not going to lie and still feel like I need to be in a food coma for at least 2 more days. However I am going to run 8 to 10 miles tonight so I'm thinking I should sweat out a good amount of triptophan. Gross.

Here is a picture of my family at my Aunt Kathy's house. A table full of cousins. Yes we still all have to sit at the kids table, even though most of us are over 21.



Here are some of the grown ups at the grown up table ...



Me and the husb by the fireplace. My favorite spot. Next to him and next to a roaring fire. :0)




*Note:  I did not take pictures at the Fulmer house or at my Mama's due to the fact that my camera died.  Isn't that the way it always goes?

After the last Eat-A-Rama '09 (and some of my Mama's banana pudding, my favorite thing on the PLANET) we left for Coon Creek.  The boys hunted and ate and watched football, the girls shopped and ate EVEN MORE (seriously, I think I need to add another week to the coma now that I think of it ...) and we all stayed up late playing games and acting silly. 

Speaking of silly, here is a picture OF my Silly and me.  At Coon Creek.  Being, well silly.



And these are our initial cups, since we all kept "misplacing" our drinks and getting new cups.  This is my attempt at going green.



Here is what happens when you don't wash your hair for 2 days.  Gross.  But cute of my outdoorsy mister.



And then someone introduced me to the shower ... and it was good.



But they forgot to introduce Matt.  But it's okay.  Because I just love boys in camo.  Yep, that's MY mister.  I'm not a hunter and would never be able to kill ANYTHING (seriously, I free bugs when they are in the house), but he sure does make hunting look good. 

And today we trekked back to civilization.  It's so nice to go to Coon Creek.  The phones barely work, you wear your comfy pants the whole time, there's always a fire and you pretty much stay in the "about to nap, just woke up" state of relaxed all day long.  Sometimes you just need a few days like that.  For us, it was just what the doctor ordered. 

I will leave you with a picture of my handsome baby boy I took.  Isn't he just so good looking?  And he's oh so sweet.  Precious boy.



Back to work and real life and the CrAzInEsS that is the month of December; i.e. Christmas parties, fun events, celebrations and busyness galore!  And I'm looking forward to every minute.  MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!  Soak it all up, it'll be over before you know it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. I feel the same about the food...love to eat and hate the way it makes me feel. :)
    That's awesome you are going to run a 1/2 marathon! I would love to do that. I have run a few 5K(s), this year. Hopefully, a 10K next?!

    ReplyDelete