Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up and Funny Story ...

Good Monday morning loves!  I'm going to go ahead and warn you, my weekend wrap-up's for the next couple of weeks are going to be notsomuch exciting.  Mainly because I #1 - want to sleep all the time, #2 - don't have adult beverages anymore that cause me to get camera-happy and take a gazillion pictures and #3 - feel like I'm going to hurl all.the dang. time.  Don't get me wrong, I THOROUGHLY ENJOY my weekends, but I'm just not the most "blog-exciting" during them.  Example a.) I did not get out of my PJ's all.day yesterday.  Never left the house, let alone the COUCH for that matter, other than to take care of ... ahem ... necessities ... all day.  The Mister waited on me hand and foot (because he's cute like that and because he IS part of the reason I feel this way, winky winky) whilst I watched an I Love Lucy marathon on The Hallmark Channel.  All day.  Such a loverly day.  Saturday night we just laid low as we did Friday night.  The Mister's been out of town and working crazy hours (even on weekends, my poor boo) so he needs his rest and down-time as much as his 11 week pregnant wife!  So there you go.  There's the wrap-up.  Exciting eh?  Like I said, notsomuch.

So, on to the (two) funny stories.  First story happened a few days after I found out I was preggers.  My mom was (as evidenced from Friday's post) SO excited she wanted to send me a little "Congratulations" of sorts at work, but wanted to be non-chalant so as to not announce my very early pregnancy to everyone I worked with.  SO around 4ish one day at work I hear the delivery guy at the front and go up to sign for whatever's being delivered.  And then, I almost wet my pants while simultaneously falling on the floor laughing.  Why?  Oh well because ...




This is what was sent to my office.  Subtle huh?  I about busted a gut I was giggling so hard.  Luckily I'M the one that signed for the delivery, my office isn't far from the front door and as SOON as I got in my office I popped the balloon and folded it up (not that the adorable little elephant vase didn't give it away a BIT) took it home and it's in the "baby's room" right now because I thought it'd be hilarious if she was right and definately worth keeping.  I called her laughing so hard she could barely understand me to tell her thank you for her sweet (and hilarious) gift and she proceeded to tell me that the person she spoke with didn't so much speaka-da-english and may or may NOT have gotten "be subtle" confused with "be over the top" ... Oh momela (her name's Pamela, thus I call her momela sometimes) you are so cute.  Okay, on to funny story numero dos.

So remember our 5 year anny was the Friday before last?  WELL you would THINK, 5 years = that's a long time = fancy pants dinner coming our way right?  Um, no.  Not when you've been up-chucking for the past 3 weeks and pizza is THE ONLY thing that sounds edible and/or appetizing.  Well, the Mister had to work on Saturday and then I spent longer than usual trying to find something that my ever-expanding waist looked semi-decent in was a little late per usual and our favorite pizza place, Mama's Pizza, was closing 5 minutes after we got there.  SO, what did we do?  Ordered takeout and ate our romantic 5 year anniversary dinner IN MY MISTER'S TRUCK on our way to meet our friends after.  And I will never forget it.  1 - because I was pregnant and 2 - because I think it's hilarious.  My sweet Mister, what a trooper he is.  I jipped him out of a PERFECTLY good excuse for a nice steak dinner, some good wine (for him, hmph) and a delish dessert.  


{The AMAZING buffet we were too late to partake in.}


I'm hoping I kick this naseau by my birtfday and maybe THEN we can make up for it.  And SPEAKING of birfdays ...

It's my birth month!  So, I'm going to copy some other blogs I've seen do this and post some old (eek, pregnancy must make me brave) pictures of me this month.  I'm going to try every day, but I'm not going to promise this because ... well that would require digging through my mom's photo albums and I'm just not sure that's going to happen.  Watching my DVR'ed shows on TV sounds much more appealing ... BUT I do have one for the first day, this is me (on the right) at I have no idea how old with one of my best friends growing up, Casey (who people thought was my twin).


{Aren't those awesome watermelon shirts?  Maybe everyone thought we were twins because our MOMS DRESSED US ALIKE ... just a hunch.}

25 comments:

  1. Weren't you adorable!! Hahah I love those stories, they cracked me up (: Glad you had a relaxing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your mom thinks it's a boy huh?! So subtle...that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa momma! I can't believe no one saw it! Ha ha we had a mishap at work where one girl was trying to keep it on the DL and it slipped out.. No bueno.. Love the throwback photo I think I had that shirt too! (and secretly I can't wait to be preggo so the man can do the grunt work around the house) That pizza looks delicious he obviously would want that over steak?! Right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so behing on getting caught up on my blog reading. I missed the wonderful baby news! You are going to be just the most precious Mama...EVER!
    I am so happy for you! I love the flowers! So funny! What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! Good thing you got to the balloon in time that's awesome.

    What a cutie patootie pic of you back in the day happy birthday month I celebrate those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better in a few weeks! And be thankful for that husband of yours! He's sounds great! Mine was away during the first half of my pregnancy, so no pampering for me. Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Your mom is hilarious. Very subtle indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, your mom is too funny! What a sweet gift though!

    I hope your nausea goes away soon. I hate feeling that way so I can't even imagine what it's like feeling that way all day everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! My mom's name is Pam (Pamela)... when my niece was born I tried to convince her to go by Pam-ma instead of grandma, she wasn't up for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoa! i miss a few days on fulmer lane and you're knocked up! uh whaaaaatttt!!!

    HUGE congrats to you and the mister! please double that non subtle set of flowers and balloons because i just sent you one...virtually of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bahahahahaha that looks like um a very subtle way to say congrats....ha! Just Kidding....I bet I can guess what your mom thinks the cute little baby is....I bet you 'bout peed your pants when you seen that gimongous balloon coming in your office ha!

    The pizza anniversay story will be one you will never forget and one you can tell your little one :0)

    Again eeeeeeeek Congrats Who Hooo.....I'm so excited and I just can't hide it....(see I always bust in song and dance) so wierd I know....

    loves ya
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Month :) Your mom is funny...she sounds like my mom. And what a sweet heart your mister is...and pizza is awesome if thats what I would eat id be so down!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, all I have wanted to eat this pregnancy is pizza, and that picture does not help my constant craving!! I heard from a friend today that those wrist bands that I think are for sea sickness, are really helpful, she said more so than medicine...wish I had known that this pregnancy and last!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is hysterical and SO something my mother would do. :) I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That story about your mom sending you those flowers is hilarious. Talk about subtle! And the picture is cute ... I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHA.. I love that your mom intended to be subtle and that was the outcome! I hope your nausea kicks the bucket soon.. cause mine is still ongoing :( But it has lessened, so there's hope! I think those types of anniversaries are the most memorable! For our one year, we ate takeout burgers in the car outside of a restaurant because we had our dog with us, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha I love your momela!!!

    Pizza is pretty good in my eyes, who needs a steak dinner. And lets be honest what is going to feel better coming up haha, sad when thats what you have to think of while eating haha!

    Hopefully you stay rested and had a fabulous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love your stories darling! So so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh you are adorable!! and what day is your birthday?!!? Mine is the 19th!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post! Cute picture, awesome flowers, and funny anniversary story :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous5/03/2010

    Thank you for the thoughts and prayers to Nashville! I didn't know you were preggers!! Congratulations!! I've heard Citrus helps with the nausea. My girlfriend threw up everyday for three months straight, so you're already doing better then her!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no fun about the pregnancy sickness.

    But thats good that you are taking advantage of your days off and lounging around. And good for your husband for waiting on you. Your right he is the one that got you in that condition;)

    I laughed so hard at that first story. That is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhh that giant ass baby boy balloon story was good, hahaha. I hope you get a big sexy dinner for your birthday... actually I hope you get 7 big sexy dinners for your birthday WEEK - turn it into a big celebration! Claim the baby is making you crave all sorts of incredible foods... that's what I'd do =0)

    ReplyDelete