Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wishful Wednesday and Random Thoughts ...

It's time darling little Kelsey's ...


And TODAY'S topic is ...

'I Wish' .... I was fluent in another language in addition to English, and it would be Spanish!

Why?  Um, HELLO I live in Texas.  Do you KNOW how close that is to the Mexican border?  Probably so, because you've seen it on the news ... but seriously, in a state where 36.8 % (that was in 2008, so I'd be WILLING to bet it's higher now) of the population is comprised of Hispanics, a lot of which don't speak English or don't speak it very well, it'd be nice to be able to rattle off Spanish like it ain't no thang.  Plus, I've always wanted to secretly be able to spy and listen to whatever they're talking about and then bust in the conversation to surprise the H outta them.  Is that a wrong reason for wanting to learn a language?  I think not.  And, let's not forget, it would come in SUPER handy on future trips to Mexico.

Which language would YOU chose?  Head on over to Kelsey's blog and tell her about it!

Moving on to the random.  So is anyone else as not impressed with American Idol this year as they have been in the past?  Cause goodness.  I'm not.  First, I really (although don't get me wrong, I LOVE Frank Sinatra) don't get why, when they're so close to the end, they're having them do Frank Sinatra and Elvis weeks, but then asking them to be current.  Um, unless you're Michael Buble and that's your singing style, then Frank's not going to work for you.  Same story with Elvis.  Come on Idol, COME ON.

But Glee.  Oh Glee how you never disappoint.  It was ALL I could do to keep my pregnant rear from jumping on my couch and singing and dancing along to "Ice Ice Baby" and "Can't Touch This" and even "Let's Get Physical", greatness.  GREATNESS.  But, Olivia Newton John, no more collagen in your lips please.  Sheesh.  I'll say one thing, it's a good thing that show comes on AFTER American Idol because I think I'd be even MORE disappointed with the talent after watching the amazingness that is the Glee cast.  I am absolutely, without a doubt, a HUGE Gleek.  Even thinking about getting me some of these items ...



Okay maybe not ... 

And Lost.  Well, I can't even talk about Lost because my AWESOME DVR cut off the very end which USUALLY ends with a large GASP escaping my mouth, so I will have to wait until it comes out on abc.com to be able to commentary at all.

And next, on the day of random overload, I told y'all I'd show you my other goodies from the craft fair as I wore them and I happen to be wearing my $2 earring steals today.  So here you go ...




WHICH brings me to another point about myself that y'all may not know.  I have a "good side".  Anyone that knows me knows I will NOT take a picture unless I am standing on the left.  Everyone makes fun of me and tells me I'm ridiculous, but I'm ABOUT to show you why, and be prepared because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I very rarely release pictures of me from this terrifying angle ...


{Trying to show off my earrings from the dreaded right side of my face.}


I have a crazy huge right eye.  No I'm sewious.  It's like five times the size of my left eye.  Okay maybe not that much.  But it REARS it's ugly head when I'm on the right side of any picture.  I guess it's because it's closer to the camera, thus making it look larger than life?  You know, like when you're sitting with a group and someone takes a picture at the end, and you're the closest to the camera, making you look like you SWALLOWED all the others in the picture along with five orderes of french fries before taking said picture?  You all know what I mean, because ANY woman will RUN from the camera when sitting in that dreaded seat.  Thus, when I'm on the left I can hide subdue it with my bangs/angling of my face/etc.  So, there you have it folks.  Me n' my crazy eye.  Don't worry, I love my rogue eye, I just like to ... keep her hidden except for special occasions.  You know, like if I get caught off guard/forced to be on the right side being in the wrong place at the wrong time/have had too much to drink so the crazy eye takes over with it's sultry, crazy ways.  So if you notice, in pictures, I will always be on the left (well if you're LOOKING at the picture, I'll be on the right, but physically standing on the left) and if one of the above happens (besides the having one too many cocktails example) I try to squint the crazy eye to compensate, which usually ends up making me look asleep.

ALSO, (sheesh, apprently when I have nothing to talk about my blog posts turn into NOVELS) today begins my 11 week mark.  Baby Fulmer is the size of a fig ...




No wonder I feel so pudgy ...


Well, I guess today marks day two of boring you to death randomness.  Thank GOODNESS tomorrow's Thoughtless Thursday so I can just post pictures and not have to think.  Don't forget to post your pictures tomorrow, grab my button and come back and McLinky up!!!


{I have no idea how old I am, but I DO think I resemble Shrek in this picture.  Not cute Kate, not cute.}

25 comments:

  1. I am an Idol and Glee fan too! Idol has been disappointing, but Glee has been awesome! I was on the phone during Ice Ice Baby, and having to force myself not to sing along! But I was belting out Total Eclipse of the Heart! It wasn't pretty, but it was fun! Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crack me up! I love the new earrings, what a steal AND you were totally a cute little kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on how I don't feel like any of the AI contestants are great. And I just told my hubby the last night how they keep choosing genres that are just not working for the contestants to sing. It's kind of hard to be current with Frank and Elvis!

    I'm obsessed with Glee too :) Last night's episode was so funny!

    I'm loving that picture of you...SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, seriously? Bad side? No way, ma'am (although I am the same way, but the side changes constantly depending on how my hair is styled) And can I just say that you are GLOWING! You look so purdy and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't boring, girl! You are Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sat here and read about your not-so-big eye! Good lord, woman! You are so funny!! Haha! Cute earrings!!

    And Beyonce said it best....'To the left, to left...' :)

    Happy HUMP day my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahaa! you do NOT look like shrek! and your CRAZY eye is just that your at weird angle I think! AND i hope little figgy fulmer is doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look cute!!! I had crazy curly hair when I was little too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me laugh! I am so-over AI this season--I've actually stopped watching! You look great from either side, lady---Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow girl that was a short novel, but I loved it! I totally agree on the Spanish that could come in handy and get me a higher paying job for sure.

    I agree on AI too this season. I feel like it's been kind of ho-hum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahahha you crack me up (: Lil figgy nugget!! WOOOOO. I am also disappointed by American Idol and I love me some Glee...aright pretty lady I hope you have a fantastic day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally agree with you, i'm beyond over american idol this season. we gave up watching a few weeks back.
    i think you look adorable from either side! love your earings!
    i'm also a glee fan, i'm addicted! i missed last nights episode :( i know, so sad! good thing i have it on dvr and i will be watching it the second i get home tonight! ;)
    the pic of you as a little girl is adorable!! you did not look like shrek one bit!

    have a great day hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I can't believe you just compared yourself to Shrek...wow!

    I am totally with you on Glee...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Idol is so disappointing this season I so have to agree! Your not gonna like this but I have still yet to watch Glee like ya asked me to lovey but I promise to next week :0)

    I loooove those earrings and girl you are so adorable....now when are you gonna show your cute little baby bump?!?! Now come on I am expecting weekly belly shots once you get to like week 15 ya know....seriously I am gonna aggrevate ya to death over it ha! Oh and I'm guessing girl....just a hunch....I'm guessing girl....ooooh you should put one of those poll thingy's on your side bar that asks everyone what they think you are having and that would be fun to see if we are all right when ya go to your 20 wk ultrasound...just sayin LOL

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post made me laugh for a couple reasons, hehe...

    First, Glee = love! I am constantly rocking out to their music in the car!

    Second, the whole eye thing -- one of my eyes is bigger than the other too! My left eye is most definitely more circular and larger than my right, which is more of a football shape... I look like a doink. At least yours are the same shape!

    And third, yesterday I was showing my dad a picture from my cousin's wedding a couple years ago, and compared myself to Shrek too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I disagree about learning Spanish. If I moved to Mexico then I would learn Spanish, but I'm not moving there....I think I may move to Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha what a fabulously random post!! I am AAAADDICTED to Glee and I am thankful to have given up on American Idol. I was once a Lost fan, but it reeeeally got to be too much for me. I will be interested to see/hear what happens int he end.

    I hope baby figgy/Fulmer is being good today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha that's funny about the better side I always like the right side instead of left because my bangs separate funny on the left side and I feel my face looks flat. Lol.. I never would have noticed the crazy eye if you didn't point it out! Lol your adorable either way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha...your right side is CRACKING ME UP!! It's okay, my right eye is always a little squinty in pictures. I have to consciously remember to keep it WIDE OPEN when pictures are taken!

    I'll be watching the latest Lost tonight too. I can't believe we're so close to the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think American Idol has been disappointing this year too. I haven't even watched it, except for the first couple of episodes.

    However, I 110% love Glee. I can never get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness LOST! It was such a great episode! I'm gonna be so sad when it's over.

    I love those earrings, so cute! I know what you mean about having a good side. I always try to get myself positioned in photos so I'm facing from the left.

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay for the little fig! grow baby grow! i miss you sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I am such a GLEEK!!
    Love those earrings; you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok I so wish I was fluent in Spanish. I live in southern CA where there is a ridiculous amount of hispanics and about 1 in 3 people you meet speaks spanish.

    I didmt notice a difference in either side until you pointed it out to me. You are pretty both ways... :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's so funny .... replace all those Hispanics I grew up around with Asians in Seattle!!!

    ReplyDelete