Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Baby Shower!

Now that I've officially blabbed on about our radical Rangers and bodacious Bears (let's not talk about the Cowboys, mmmk?) I can't WAIT to tell you about shower!  First off, if you know me at all you know that I am OB-SESSED with holidays.  As in, when October rolls around I turn into an 8 year old.  Obsessing over decorations, costumes, family time, holiday parties, themed menus and MORE!   And it all starts with October.  Halloween.  The first big decorating event in my house.  And even MORE so I love holiday themed parties!  I've always wanted to have a holiday themed shower and for C's last shower, I got one!  The invitation stated that the shower was to be "Halloween Couture" attire and then an award would be given to the most creative costume.  So, per usual, I'll just SHOW you the Halloween spookyness that was my shower, bwahahahahahaha ...


{the adorable table decor}


{my momma and I, the clown and the pregnant greek goddess ... pregnant with Zeus I guess?}


{the dessert table with an amazing pumpkin cake and Halloween cupcakes!}


{my Mamaw, the cutest kitty ever!}


{me & my cousin Jenny - also a cute kitty!}


{the two hostesses with the mostestest!}


{another shot of the desert table ...}


{ADORABLE personalized fuzzy navels (I took 2 home for after C arrives)}


{Fulmer Frog Eye Brew!}


{more shots of the cute table!}




{mom and her two besties/the hostesses!}


{adorable friends!}


{the clown costume my grandma made ME that I wore when I was 2, my mom brought it for C to wear either next year or the year after!}


{my mom gave me a frame with a picture just like this one in it along with the costume!}


{sweet, soft bunny with C's name embroidered}


{another cute little embroidered bag with C's name on it!}


{little sherpa-lined crocs!}


{more of my MOH's handy work - the sign that will go with the stuffed animal heads that will go on the wall}


{my mom was the winner of the costume contest!}




{me and my frousin (friend + cousin = frousin)}


{Casey and I basically started trick or treating together in the womb}


{I have really hot friends.}


{the cute little kitties at the party.} 


The party was a BLAST and this little boy has everything he ever could want.  I'm afraid, after he gets here, I'm going to have to turn this blog into a "baby fashion show" and change this kids clothes 8 times a day (which I've been told I'll have to do anyways due to spit up) and post pictures of each outfit change ... but I will say, that NOW that all the showers are over little man is WELCOME to come any time after next Wednesday (when he's 37 weeks and full term) especially considering the fact that he's measuring almost 2 weeks ahead.  We have another appointment tomorrow along with a sono (the perk of having high BP, I get a sono every week!) which will result in more info about our little man!

One more part of the shower that, unfortunately wasn't able to be a part of the actual shower due to UPS not following through with their promise to deliver by Saturday, was my stepmom's amazing gift!  I promised her I'd take pictures of the DARLING packaging and of the gift to include in my "Halloween shower" post!


{the adorable box she decorated that the gift came in!}


{a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag!  I can't WAIT to use this!  Now I can still be stylin' while being a boy momma!}

And that sums up my Halloween shower!  It was SUCH a fun idea and SUCH a "me" idea.  HOORAY for holidays!!!



25 comments:

  1. How cayute, from the decor to the costumes! Gotta love having high BP, for the weekly sonos of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looks like a FUN shower!! won't be long now before the baby is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a CUTE shower! Everything was just adorable and I love your new diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an AWESOME shower! and you sure will be stylin' with that amazing diaper bag! now you just need to bring on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shower! Love the theme. You are looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea and it avoids all the cliche baby shower decor. Looks like it was so much fun!
    velvet cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shower. I love the theme idea so much more memorable than just blue baby. It looks like Caleb is going to be one very loved little guy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that looks like fun! And I LOVE that you call your cousin/friend a frousin...I am totally steeling that! My best friend is also my cousin haha!

    Love that diaper bag...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the theme!!! So cute! This may be one of the best showers I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/26/2010

    What a cute shower! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is all of this?! I know you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of a halloween shower, but oh my goodness this was too cute! I loved it! All the pics are too cute! Love all the decorations and all of your goodies.

    Your step mom did such a cute job wrapping that and the bad is asorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those crocs and I dont even like crocs

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun party!! ya'll are way too cute!! i love the costumes, the decorations and food!! you got so much cute stuff hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow looks like a super fun halloween baby shower. I love the eautiful decoration and the desserts looked super yummy. The costumes are all too cute. And Caleb has so many fun presents and clothes. Cant wait for the baby fashion shows :0

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun themed shower....two parties in one! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so so fun.! (: I love Halloween, I mean I work at a Halloween store, I hope I would. Ha, I can't wait for the baby to arrive. (: Show him off all you want. I'll love it.!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe you have a Cake diaper bag! Jealous! (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a SPOOKtacular party!!!! Love the diaper bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it!!! It all looks fantastic but I think those cupcakes are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome and unique baby shower you had! I love all the details of it especially the baby gifts that you've received. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love it all! What a lucky girl you are to have all these beautiful showers! What a fun family you must have too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a CUTE shower theme!! And I want that diaper bag...! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy cow, that is the CUTEST shower/theme EVER!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11/01/2010

    Your friends and family are awesome! I love the Halloween theme and it's so great how loved you and Caleb are!

    ReplyDelete