Saturday, December 17, 2011

PHEW.

Well that was dramatic.

I feel like I just broke up with my boyfriend, talked about my best friend behind her back, cheated on my math test AND didn't get asked to homecoming all in one little click of the "private" button in my blog settings.  But honestly?  I feel SO GOOD about this decision.  I have thought about it for awhile (hello, my whole last name is in the title) and have been feeling more and more led to do so, but I kept telling myself that I would be too sad to see my number of followers go.

Followers Katie?  FOLLOWERS?  Is that REALLY worth the safety and privacy of your child/future children?

No.  Absolutely not.

For me this is absolutely the right decision.  PLUS I can be more candid now (like I wasn't before) because I actually KNOW who you people are that are reading (BTW, I was FLATTERED to find out so many people that I actually know read my blog, that's always a fun thing for a blogger to find out, especially when none of you ... ahem ... comment ... ahem.  Mister, you're included in this calling out.  I'm kidding of course.  Kind of ...) and can therefore know my audience a little better.

So that's where I stand for now.  Hopefully this will inspire me to post a little more since I will feel like I'm talking to my friends (which I am) instead of my friends plus a few hundred randoms of which I don't know if they're other moms like me or dirty 40 year old men in their underwear eating fried chicken.

Gross.

Hopefully y'all enjoy the blog just as much as you did before if not more.  Here's to Life in the PRIVATE Fulmer Lane!


3 comments:

  1. You absolutely made the right decision about going private, sweetie. Looking forward to reading lots more from you. See you Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be included in your elite group of privateers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad this decision was made and that you are at peCe with it! :) Like Jen, Happy to be included! Adore you and your sweet, sweet family!

    ReplyDelete