Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wishful Wednesday and a Pregnancy Updates!

It's time for my darling friend (Yes real LIFE friend, we grew up in the same church and she was friends with my brother!  Of course we didn't figure this out until we found each other's blogs, but whatev's) Kelsey's ...


And today's topic IS ...


'I Wish' .... I hadn't thrown away my Rolex!!!




Um, yes, you read that correctly.  At least I might as WELL have thrown it out.  Here's the story.  My mom gave me the Rolex my dad had given her when I turned 18.  I LOVED it, one, because hello free Rolex, but two, it had sentimental value.  So, one ill-fated day when I was at the gym (WHO wears a Rolex to the gym?  Um, apparently I do, but it was stainless steel, it's pretty much unbreakable, so I pretty much never took it off, except ...) I was jogging on the treadmill and it kept banging against my wrist, you know that little bone that sticks out on your wrist?  So I TOOK IT OFF (idiot Kate, idiot) and when I finished running I apparently had gigantic brain flatulence and left WITHOUT PUTTING IT BACK ON.  I got about 3 minutes from the YMCA and freaked out, starting crying, hyperventilated realized that I had left it on the treadmill and drove like a crazed maniac/bat out of hell headed back to the Y to get it.  Between the 15 minutes that I had left and came back to the Y, someone stole it.  Seriously.  No one brought it to the front desk, it wasn't under the treadmill or anywhere near it, and I'm BETTING the d-bag that took it SAW me looking frantically for it and stood by like the d-bag they were and watched.  So then I took my sad self, head hanging low n' all, and went home where I proceeded to cry for the next week.  Not only because it was worth more than my life expensive, but also because it was sentimental.  And of course, my luck, it wasn't insured.  Seriously, WHO finds something like that and doesn't turn it in!?!?  And at the YMCA!  This is a family establishment people!  A d-bag, that's who.  As you can tell, I'm still a little bitter about it all.  So, since then I now steal all lost expensive items I find.  I kid, I kid.  But seriously, if anyone in the Texas area has ever been approached by a sleeze-bag trying to sell them a Rolex, let me know wouldja?  Oh and call the cops.  Thankyouverymuch

Next, I'm going to be a straight copycat and do this little weekly-pregnancy-update-quiz-thingy that I've seen other bloggers do.  More for my own amusement than yours, but hopefully it doesn't bore you to tears keeps you entertained!


How far along? 12 weeks TODAY.

{Pardon the detail of my abdomen area, easy babycenter.com, no need to spell out the "V" word ...}



Total weight gain/loss: 3 lbs, all in the gut.  I'm pretty sure I'm sportin' what looks like a beer belly.

Maternity clothes? Did I TELL you that my MIL hooked me up?  Cause she did.

Stretch marks? Good gracious I hope not yet.

Sleep: It's getting difficult at night.  I can't get comfortable flinging this little beer belly back and forth, so, I invested in one of these beauties ...



Except mine is giraffe print.  I'm easing into learning how to spoon with a gigantic pillow.

Best moment this week: I'm going to go with having our sono today.  It hasn't happened yet, but I'm pretty sure it will beat being sick ...

Have you told family and friends: Heck yes, I have the patience of a 2 year old.  Try week 4 ...

Movement: I'm still moving okay but sometimes I get up slower because ... oh you meant baby.  No.

Food cravings: No actual cravings, just things that actually sound EDIBLE and don't make me want to vom.  Those things would be cereal and string cheese. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Pretty much anything food-related.  I thought this was easing up last week, oh but that was just a nice little teaser ... nice.

Have you started to show yet: Um, see yesterday's picture.

Leakage: Um, ewww.  No.  And if this happens someone should've probably warned me.  GA-ROSS.

Gender prediction: Totally think boy.  No idea why, just a feeling.




Labor Signs: Thank goodness gracious no.

Belly Button in or out? Innie.

Wedding rings on or off? Am I washing my hands or putting on lotion?  Then off.  All other circumstances, on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Depends.  Cross me in traffic when I JUST WANT TO GET HOME?  You better watch out.  Seriously, angry crazy pregnant lady coming you way.  Laying on the couch once I've gotten home with my pup and a bowl of cereal or is it the weekend?  Couldn't be happier.




Weekly Wisdom: It's okay.  Your stomach is SUPPOSED to be getting pudgy.  You're not just coincidentally getting fat.




Milestones: Hitting the 12 week mark!


And in keeping with the birth month pictures, here you go.  I felt senior picture time was in order ...
Doesn't everyone sit on a rock by a babbling brook every day?  Completely natural ...

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway, you can read about it here.  Happy Wednesday loverlies!!!

28 comments:

  1. Happy 12 weeks! I about died when I read the part in the survey about movement. Hilarious! Loved reading it. You have to keep up with doing it, it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cute! :)

    I think I took my FIRST engagement pictures at that same babbling brook. It all went down hill from there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. let us know how the sono goes! I can't believe the ROLEX story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that you lost the Rolex. That stinks! Love the pillow. Hope your sonogram goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh my mom just told me she wants me to have her Rolex but that I need to get a separate writer on our homeowners insurance to cover it, I haven't done it yet so I haven't grabbed the watch because I totally know this is something that would happen to me. So sorry that sucks what a d-bag I'd never think of keeping something like that if I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my parents gave me a diamond birth stone ring when i turned 9 it got thrown away at chuck e cheese...i feel your pain....love the hs pic so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cat picture, that's totally me!!! My hubby would agree!

    I have also gained 3 pounds, which I was sure would be higher, ha, all I do is eat and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, cute picture! Love the preggo updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that you lost your Rolex :(

    I had a pearl of earrings. The first and only time I wore them, I got home from a night on the town and realized that I had lost one. Just one. I was so upset.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stinks about the Rolex. Congrats on the baby! Love the updates and the pic! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a 99% chance I laugh out loud when I read your posts. You write how I talk to my best girl friend. Which is why you rock. Thought you should know - your blog is a bright spot in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm so sorry someone took your Rolex. I've lost sentimental things like that before and it truly makes you sick on your stomach. Maybe hubby will surprise you one day with a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! I love the updates on BF (Baby Fulmer)!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People really suck! You would think when you are at the Y someone would have the good grace to return something like that!!

    Hooray for week 12...I have been ALL ABOUT string cheese this pregnancy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute are you!! Found you blog through wishful wednesday, hope you like new followers! Sad about your rolex, people have no conscience sometimes! You were cracking me up throughout the story though, love the D bag, and bat out of hell lines. lol. Congrats on expecting a baby! ttyl.

    In case you want to check it out my blog is:
    http://handprintsoftheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ughhh poor Rolex :( I love that you are finally posting these little updates!! The lil nugget (via the babycenter picture) is starting to look like a baby and not a peanut!! yayyy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for the pregnancy update:) I liketh it:)

    Sucks about the Rolex... that sucks. Gosh some people have no class

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh love the preggy updates! Sad about the rolex though :(
    Today was definitely one of the LOL days when reading your post so thanks for that :)
    Hope the sono went well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet that your MIL hooked you up with clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would be bitter about that watch too! Who doesn't turn that it! Maybe one day you'll get a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would sooo not be happy about the watch either. You have every right to be upset. And, your mom-n-law hooked you up with new maternity clothes.... awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are very lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Today was seriously like the best day ever. I love you to the moon and back. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. gosh i would be sick if i lost a rolex! and i love your pregnacy update! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhh my heart HURTS for this post. Not because you totally made my day with your little blurb about me, but because you lost something so sentimental. I have a post OH.SO.FLIPPING.SIMILAR. that I am saving for a WW topic/post in a couple weeks, and we can totally relate. On another note, I WANT TO SEE YOUR BELLY THIS SUMMER when I am in Dallas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just wrote the longest post, and I don't it .... hmmmm! This is a test, so maybe I will re-write it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. HAH, and I am officially going crazy because now it is there :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Are you wearing the Rolex in that pic??!?!?! I have such a sad feeling for you. =0( I've actually done the same thing though - well sort of. I took a watch off at a late night pool party and ONE OF MY "FRIENDS" stole it, and I never found it. Wah. I also used to have this incredible ring that Mr. Bear bought me for our first Christmas - it was silver and had a six petal diamond (real ones) flower on it. Well I used to take it off and put it on my pinky when my fat fingers would start to swell. I was at Mr. Bear's apartment, carrying on with my spanish homework, I moved to the kitchen to make some lunchy, sat back down in the living room and it was GONE. I went through two garbage bags, the garbage disposal, the couch, rugs, everything. I still cry thinking about it. How precious would it be if I still had that ring someday when I had a little girl. Oh boy, I am going to go barf now. Wahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sad story about the Rolex! Glad Baby Fulmer is doing good! And you've only gained 3 pounds?? I could gain that in one day! :)

    ReplyDelete