Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Contrary to Popular Belief ...

I AM alive!  HELLO all my sweet SWEET readers!  I am SO sorry for the hiatus, however I'm sure you understand we've been a LITTLE busy :0)  So, I guess it's safe to say you are all new fans of the Mister.  I'm a lucky girl aren't I?  And let me tell you I never realized how lucky I was until we experienced what the Mister described for you in the last post.  I have never.  In my life.  Felt so loved, cared for, safe and supported by a single person like I did having my husband by my side through the birth of our son.  I will say that I fell in love with my husband all over again and even more so than I ever thought possible during and after this experience.  To have a man watch you go through all that a c-section involves (and I will leave out all the details but all you mommas that have been through it know what I'm talking about, let's just say all modesty goes out the window and there's a lot of you, your husband and a random nurse with constant crotch and giant white hiney exposure) as well as the road to recovery after all the while trying to figure out how to do this "new momma thing" and tell you you are beautiful and how incredible he thinks you are while continuely uplifting and encouraging is a blessing beyond measure.  And God has blessed me beyond measure.  In so many ways. 

I could go on and on in regards to the awesomeness that is my husband but I will stop because I'm probably embarassing him.  Plus I want to get on to what you all want to see.  And what is that?  PICTURES!  I will start with pictures from the big day.  The day we met our little 6 lb 14 oz bundle of darling joy.  The day I experienced a love like I would never understand until it happened to me.  People tell you "You don't know what love is until you see your child." and you can't understand that until you do just that.  Until you see him.  And hear his precious cry.  And see the face that you've waited 9 months to see.  It's an immediate, overwhelming, terrifying love that overtakes you with such force that you know you would slay a bear to protect them, walk through fire to get to them and do anything within your power to keep them from ever having their heart broken or being hurt by anyone in their life.  And I know this feeling will last for the rest of my life and thank the Lord for the blessing that is our son.

So, onto the pictures.  I have a lot to catch you up on so like I said, here are the ones from the day our lives were forever changed.  November 5, 2010.


{here we go!}





{love.}




{sweet feet on daddy's chest.}



{holding hands.}




{proud daddy introducing his boy.}

{Caleb's fan club.}

{C's uncles minus Will.}

{C's aunties.}



{Pops with his grandson.}


I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed reliving it!

37 comments:

  1. So glad that everyone is doing well! I had an experience much similar to yours when my baby was born - minus the high blood pressure! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/23/2010

    congrats, so happy you have a healthy beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is adorable! Can't wait for more post on the mister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Yay for a healthy beautiful little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Katie this is soo sweet. And Im pretty sure I teared up reading about that love for a child and the love from your husband! goodness! I can't even imagine! I think about how MUCH I love our "girls" (dogs) and what I would do for them and to think that compared to a child is crazy! Cant wait to see more! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Caleb is a DOLL! Can't wait to see more photos and hear about your day-to-day in the life of a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Thanks for sharing your experience - I had a C-section also (just not the high blood pressure part) I hope you have a great recovery :) enjoy your little bundle of joy its amazing how fast time flies (my Little Man will be 3 months old Thanksgiving)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love them all, but especially the one with your hubby's scrubs with the little footprints. Too cute! Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post! And you truly have been blessed with some amazing boys in your life :)

    Caleb is such a cutie! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally teared up during this post, congrats to you and your family and I hope you enjoy your first Thanksgiving as a mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats of Baby C and Kudos to the Mister for doing a wonderful post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet post with so many wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah...you made me cry. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back...he's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Mister now too and actually I'm going to go back and read it now because it was such a sweet story hearing both your versions. Congrats again! I can't wait for this day for me someday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you! What a precious baby. You're definitely one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pictures are perfect :) I felt like I was there. ha! Your little man is just precious, Katie. I'm so very happy for you and your husband. We have definitely missed you in the blogworld, but know you have your hands a little full :) Take care, sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  19. To say congratulations just doesn't seem enough. How amazing that you brought a little life into the world! The pictures are fantastic and he is, of course, an absolute stud. Happy thanksgiving and all the best to your sweet family of three!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was thinking about you this morning,...so glad to hear that y'all are doing well! Cant wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww! i LOVE that last pic of you three!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So freaking precious! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh I am so happy for you two! He is adorable! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats, congrats, congrates! He is so precious! Cannot wait to see more and hear more stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awe, the pictures are awesome.! Your hubby looks so in love and so proud! Good luck with the little one.!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous11/23/2010

    YAY! Congrats again! You have such a precious family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my gosh, your pictures and story made me cry! Congratulations mama, he's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! I loved reading Mister's story. You sure a lucky girl! I hope the upcoming weeks, months and years bring the two of you many more happy memories with baby Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh cuteness! i love all your pictures and can't wait to see more! congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so, so, SO happy for y'all! You have a beautiful little family lady! Can't wait to watch the little fella grow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yay!!! Glad you posted! I'm glad to hear that you guys are going ok!!! I love these pictures! Too cute!!! It looks like it was such a magical and special day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats again! Baby C is adorable! I understand the c-section, and the pre-e, and I pray things are settled down and you're recovering quickly. Time flies so take in everything little thing. Can't wait to "hear" more!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey pretty girl!! So glad to hear from ya! Don't worry your pretty little head we all know you have been busy....your little Caleb is presh in everyway and this post made me tear up as much as your Mister's post did! Have a Happy 1st Thanksgiving as a little family of 3!!

    love ya
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous11/24/2010

    I can't wait to see more pictures! He's just adorable and you guys are the sweetest little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Caleb is sooooooo adorable!!! So happy for your little family, congrats again! Y'all are so cute, what a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous11/24/2010

    Oh, my goodness! The second to last picture melts my heart! Look how proud and happy of a daddy he is! Congratulations again, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous11/25/2010

    So precious!!

    ReplyDelete