Friday, January 28, 2011

Well Don't I Feel SCHPECIAL!

First of all, I'm SO sorry I totally slackeroo'ed on doing TT yesterday.  WROOPS!  And, well I have no good excuse.  Besides being busy with an adorable 12 week old that may or may not have peed himself in the face yesterday.  But that's neither here nor there.  SO if you played and had nowhere to link up I'm SOWWY!  Really.  BUT I am super excited because my blog designer and friend, Fabulous K, gave me The Stylish Blogger Award!  Thank you miss K I feel so very schpecial!

When receiving this award the rules are to:


1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award to 10 great bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

So here, are the 7 things about myself.  For the record I hope there are more than just 7 things about myself.

1.  I. LOVE. DISNEY.  In quite possibly an unhealthy way.  I cry at the sound of "When You Wish Upon A Star" and literally would've taken our honeymoon there if the Mister would've let me an hadn't thrown out Bora Bora.

{That's me.  In front of the castle at Disney Land.}

2.  I love the color teal.  If you've followed my blog very long you will notice that every time I have a blog make over teal is always incorporated.  I love it so much that I've passed the obsession on to my 11 year old sister.  She gets teal shoes, sweat shirts, backpacks, etc.  It's pretty stinkin' cute.

{One of the billions of pictures of me, in teal.}

3.  I love Paris.  My dad's childhood best friend lived there for 6 months with her husband and stepkids and when I was a sophmore in high school, offered to take me when they were going back to visit for a week.  I became obsessed and decorated my room with everything I could find Paris-themed.  It was definately overkill but hey, I was in high school.  Overkill is kind of expected.

{I don't have any pictures of when I went to Paris.  It was pre-digital camera age (at least for me).  That makes me feel OLD.}

4.  Friends is my all time favorite show.  The Mister and I own all 10 seasons on DVD.  We are both finatics and can quote them, quite accurately, on demand.


5.  I love to draw.  I used to draw every chance I got when I was a kid.  I took art every year in high school and even contemplated going to school to do animation for Disney.  Then I realized I couldn't handle being that far from home and landed at Baylor instead.  Lucky for me because that's where I met the Mister.




6.  I have been through every "phase" in the book.  In junior high I went from "banger" (do people still use that word?  "In my day" - I can't believe I just said that - it meant someone that listened to alternative music, wore flannel shirts over tshirts, baggy jeans and Doc Martens and buzzed their hair in the back where it showed when you put it in a pony tail) to rapper (yes, I'm serious.  I still love me some rap but I thankfully no longer dress like Eminem) to SUPER preppy (HELLO collared shirts).

{I DEFINATELY dont have a picture of any of these phases.  Thank GOODNESS digital cameras hadn't been invented.  Oh.  I feel it again.  So. old.}

7.  I had my first kiss at age 18 and my first sip of alcohol at age 21.  No I'm not lying because my parents read this.

{Yes that's me with a bunch of girls in my high school youth group dressed as angels for the Christmas production our gimongous church used to put on every year.  I thought this picture was appropriate for the above comment.  Now you get to guess which one is me.  I'll give you a hint, I'm on the top row and I JUST MIGHT not be a natural blonde ... shocker I know.}

NOWWWW, it's my turn to pick 10 of YOU to award this funtastic award to!  So, I choose ...
Erin (my Silly, i.e. sis in law who just started a blog!), Hil, Gin, Elizabeth, Jen, Neely, Aly, Lindsay (PS - GO VOTE FOR HARPER!), JPO, Jenn, B & LR.  I know.  I chose 12.  I couldn't help it. 

That's it.  I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!  We have a sitter Saturday night so the Mister and I are HITTIN' the town (i.e. seeing a movie and being home in bed by 9:30)  WOO HOO!
     

12 comments:

  1. Oh you are so sweet! Not gonna lie your comment threw me off with the "K" I was like "who's that?!" LOL! I LOVEEE Friends too!
    Hope you and the little guy are doing well xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally not buying the "first sip of alcohol at 21" story .... but I'm also NOT calling you a liar...Ha!!

    Hope you're well! Glad C peed all over himself...I hear you always have to point it down when you are changing boys!!

    Thanks for the award :) You're so sweet, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girlie....and r you sure your first sip was at 21 LOL just kidding....I love learning new stuff about you girl.....

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are just too sweet to include me! So fun to read and learn about you :) Have a wonderful weekend with your boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I have totally been through all those phases and then some.....aaaaannnddd I am going to Disney World in May!!!! I am soooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/28/2011

    I just finished re-watching all 10 seasons of Friends and I'm sad all over again! I miss that show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEEET FRIEND!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! :-) I'll come back and tell you once I have continued the "chain"! ;-) PS my first sip of alcohol really was on my 21st birthday. . . seriously! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny, he peed on himself. The wonders of small children.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should get the teepee.. I think that's what it's called it's a little cone to stop things like that :) lol..

    Thanks for the tag I think I just might play along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear. thanks silly! however, i don't know what to do. i've only written one post and you're the only blog i read! haha. one day i'll be as good of a blogger as you! hope you & matt have a wonderful date night. see you on sunday for dinner at our house. shlove, silly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Disney makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We should have a Friends-Off. Play some Friends scene it or something. lol! We have that in common!

    ReplyDelete