Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Never Realized ...

... that something so adorable could produce something that's smell evokes my upchuck reflex.

... that I could survive on so little sleep.

... that a baby that weighs 8 lbs could shoot breast milk (and/or formula a few months later) 5 feet across the room mid-burp.

... that I could learn to take apart, wash, put back together and pour a baby bottle all in a zombie-like state.

... that the blue bulb sucker is used for sucking the ever-lovin' daylights (boogers) out of your child's nose.

... that the blue bulb sucker = torture, or at least that's what your baby will make it seem like.

... that the swing, papisan, pacifier and Elmo would all become my very best friends.

... that I could vacuum, load the dishwasher and do laundry all while wearing a baby (Bjorn).

... that the idea of anyone with a runny nose or cough within a 5 mile radius would cause me to turn in my path, throw a blanket over my child's carseat and run like women shopping at Kohls on Black Friday in the opposite direction.

... that I could be peed on so many times, and laugh each one.

... that I had a "momma bear" inside of me. A momma T-Rex might be more like it.

... that one little smile could make my entire world.

... that I would dance around, sing, make faces, pretty much act a fool, just to see that smile.

... that having a healthy child is such an incredible blessing.

... that the immediate feelings of intense sympathy and hurt that I would feel for any mother that had ever lost a child would be so overwhelming it would bring me to tears.

... that I couldn't wait for our son to be born and "out" of my stomach but now sometimes I'd give anything to put him back in so that I'd know he'd always be safe.

... that I could possibly have the urge to worry any more than I used to.

... that I could love my husband any more than I already did.

... that I could love someone I had never even met more than anyone I already knew (next to the Mister of course).

... that I could see the love the Father has for us, His children, in a whole new light.

... that this face would and will cause me to do anything to make him happy.

20 comments:

  1. I feel the same way...What a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, CUTEST face EVER! ;-) This is my favorite picture of him! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. So sweet and I feel the exact same way about my little mister. I love his pjs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love your blog Katie. Your ability to Momma with such finesse makes me hope I can someday be half the Momma you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Your lil man is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He gets cuter every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post Katie! So you are channeling your inner t-rex too huh LOL Kelcee loves t-rex and dinosaur train so I walways call my momma bear the inner T-rex how funny LOL...Whooo I remember the smelly welly diapies just wait until the potty ones LOL....Caleb is so cute!
    xoxo
    SUms

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww thats such a good post! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is such a cute little man! This post was very heartwarming :) He definitely has stolen your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this! He looks so much like you in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can tell you LOVE being a mother!!! He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! He is growing so much! What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...love this!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3/10/2011

    I feel the same way! Great post and what a cute little man!

    ReplyDelete