Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm Just DYEing to Show You ...

My fun (CHEAP) project I did (along with the help of my crafty MIL) yesterday. I originally bought these curtains for our living room to go with our gray rug ...




However the white was throwing me off because what I really wanted was yellow curtains. Well, just a tip. NO ONE makes (cute anyway) yellow curtains! I had resigned to think I would just have to make do with these curtains and give up my yellow curtain dreams UNTIL I had a stroke of genius. Maybe I could DYE the curtains?!? After a quick chat with my creative MIL, a $5 trip to Hobby Lobby (i.e. my happy place)




and about 3 hours later this is the end product ...




LOVE! Now, what else in my house can I dye ...

9 comments:

  1. how fun! good work crafy mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW,it looks amazing!
    You are very craft!

    New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab Katie!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for yellow curtains for our bedroom...you just saved me a ton stress;)

    They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been contemplating doing the same thing! How much dye did you use? I want mine to be the same yellow as your background color, so I think I need to use a little less!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought to dye them!

    ReplyDelete