Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On Another Funny Note.

All week last week I fed my Mama's cats while she was in Mexico. Let me tell you a bit about my Mama. I have the spunkiest little Mama. She's 84 years old, wears leggings with Ugg boots, loves to go shopping and would go to Mexico all 52 weeks of the year if she could. Cutest Mama ever. Proof?



Look at her with her Uggs and skinny jeans. This was her birthday in January. SPUNK-Y.

So back to feeding her cats. She lives on a farm where she has barn cats. Actually they're just misplaced cats because of the horrific barn fire that happened around this time last year, but let's not talk about that because that's definitely not a funny note. So these kitties live in a shed behind her house and the daddy kitty (And let's just say, you can TELL which one's the daddy kitty, ahem. Do with that what you will) continues to make more of "the fruits of his loin" causing adorable kittens. Part of the "feed the kitty job" was watering the plants. So, the first day of my 6 day job I fed the kitties, filled up their giant buckets of water and headed to water the flowers. As I was entering the little courtyard and trying to avoid the land mines (read: doggie poop from Mama's dog Missy) I didn't realize that Papa-kitty was using the space to escape the heat and when I looked up I did so just in time to see him spazzing like a cornered rabbit. This resulted in his decision to make a run for it (i.e. attempt to jump OVER the giant (me) that was surely, in his mind, there to skin him and eat him for dinner). His "making a run for it" played out in the form of FLINGING himself at me, claws bared, causing ME to spazz like a cornered rabbit whilst thousands of thoughts like "OMG I'm going to get cat scratch fever again!!!" (yes, I've had it) and "What if he claws my eyes out!!!" and lastly "WHAT IF HE SCRATCHES CALEB?!?" (which is CLEARLY possible since C was in the car enjoying the air-conditioning 3 feet away from me - paranoid mother alert) to go through my head.

Side-note: I have an automatic start car that I can be holding the keys to and have the air-condition running in, I did NOT leave my son in the car with the keys in the ignition or without the air running.

Anyways, back to the story. The only major trauma that resulted was me stepping in Missy poop and dropping some of the flower's water. The cat "escaped" safely, as did I, and the flowers were watered accordingly. And no one has cat scratch fever.

The end.

5 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha ha that was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DYING and I got cat scratch fever from a barn cat!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was such a thing as cat scratch fever! Funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that story! And she is one stylish lady!

    ReplyDelete