Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality ...

Anyone else LOVE that song?  Just me?

Moving right along.

So today the Mister went back to work and the holidays are officially over.  Sad, sad, SAD face!  I'm still in a bit of a post Christmas de-partum depression.  It just doesn't feel as cozy once Christmas is over.  Don't get me wrong, I love everything about winter time.  The clothes, warm coffee drinks, fires in the fireplace but after Christmas is over I'm honestly ready for it to warm up and for Spring to come and visit.  But I'm pretty sure we'll have a few snow/ice days in our future and hopefully that'll mean the Mister will get to stay home and we can have a few days of locked up in the house, watching movies and sitting by the fire, family time.

So how was everyone's holidays?  Ours were perfect.  We started out with my family's annual White Elephant exchange at my Mama's house.  We ended up with a pretty candle, a box opener (?) and a minuature flashlight (again, ?).  It really is a wonder the Mister married me after being introduced to the circus that is my family.  We sure do have a lot of fun!


The next event on the agenda was my parent's annual holiday party joined by a few of my favorites, my brother and Silly and my MOH and her darling boyfriend.



We woke up bright and early the next morning to join my brother, stepmom and dad for a quick trip to Coon Creek and enjoyed some family time (i.e. hunting time for the Mister) ...



The next day was Christmas Eve, we joined my family at the candlelight service at church, definately my most favorite service of the year every year ...

{Cutest thing ever, we taught him to say "ho, ho, ho" which comes out "huh, huh, huh"}

Christmas was fast and furious as usual.  The way I'm used to, and the Mister is GETTING used to it.  Seriously, it's a wonder he married me ...



{Favorite present of the day?  The universal remote from his uncle Mike!}

We ended the day at home, by the fire, with a baby cozy in his bed, watching Christmas movies.  Beautiful ending to a beautiful Christmas season.

The Mister was off all the way through the new year so we took some time to take little man to start some Christmas traditions.  One of which was visiting the trains at North Park.  I grew up going to the trains with my dad and have loved it every year.  I wanted to start this tradition with Caleb and I'm PRETTY sure he didn't mind it ...



{Mommas lookin' a little rough.  No makeup, thrown on random clothes, few extra holiday pounds ...}




He kept saying "Ooooohhh, ooohhhhh" and pointing.  Precious.  I'm totally loving this age.  Who am I kidding, I've loved every age.  I'm thinking it's probably just because I LOVE this kid.

The next day was New Year's Eve.  I'm not going to lie.  If I had it my way we'd go out and do it up right on New Year's.  Not necessarily because I LOVE New Year's, more because I LOVE having an excuse to get dressed up! 

And on a sidenote, I'm pretty sure I've met my quota on using the word love.

  I mean, I spend 350 days out of the year in VS sweats or work out clothes.  Having a chance to put on makeup, a cute outfit and actually DO my hair is very appealing to me.  The Mister?  Well, he's an 85 year old man trapped in a 30 year old man's body.  Plus he hates New Year's Eve.  Pair those together and you end up with a husband who's in bed at 10:30pm leaving you downstairs to watch the ball drop by yourself.  And honestly that's fine, we had SUCH a fun, relaxing night at home that involved pizza, candy and wine.  This was PRE resolutions of COURSE!

{I mean really?  Who can complain about this?  Really, I just like to give the Mister a hard time.  And now, I'm officially missing my Christmas tree.}

And last but not least, on New Year's Day, we took this little guy ...

{So. obsessed. with channel changers.}

To my parent's house for a beautiful New Year's dinner and to watch the Cowboy's lose play.


The following is an attempt to get a family New Year's picture by my parent's tree ...
{FAIL.}

And then, enter his new obsession (i.e. his aunt Ally) ...

{SUCCESS!  Seriously, I'm pretty sure he loves her more than the Mister and I ...}

And that's it.  PHEW.  I'm tired.  That was a lot to catch you up on!  Let's just go ahead and make another resolution.  NOT to go that long between posts!

I hope everyone's New Year's were equally as loverly.

HAPPY 2012 LOVES!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big Caleb is/looks! Such a sweet and cute little boy. A tad disappointed I don't see any photos of Koda, though! Lucy will have to send him a little something one of these days!

    Christmas Eve is one of my most FAVORITE services of the year. I love the candlelight! Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C is SO BIG! And i LOVE (using your word) your Christmas traditions, seems like so much packed into so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Aly! Caleb is getting sooooo big! He's so adorable though omg make more babies! :)

    ReplyDelete