Monday, November 9, 2009

Falling in love with Fall!

Okay, so I lied.  I took zero, well none worth sharing, pictures this weekend.  I know.  You're worried.  I promise I'm not sick.  Nor do I have a fever.  We were pretty much constantly in the car and there really wasn't an opportune time to snap any photos.  And the worst part about that is that it was beautiful.  BEE-U-TI-FUL.  Arkansas looks like it's supposed to look during fall.  Every tree is some gorgeous shade of red, orange, or yellow.  I hate to have to admit this because I have become a pro at the strong disliking and opposing of Arkansas.  Why you ask?  Well after my best friend got married, it claimed her and stole her away from me, and then shortly after I got married, it whisked my husband away for 5 weeks after returning from our honeymoon bliss and continues to whisk him away every Spring for about 2 to 3 months.  Like I said before in the other post, don't worry, I'm okay.  We have a big love of a dog that keeps me safe and company while he's gone, and I'm so used to it now it's like clock work.  But I still hold to my strong dislike of Arkansas.  Well, I should say I DID.  Now I can't hate it.  It's too pretty.  And quaint.  I really felt like someone was surely about to yell "ACTION" on a set of some movie called "The Perfect Thanksgiving" or "The Cutest Neighborhood Ever" or "The Cleavers Do Fall" ... I probably shouldn't be a movie titler, those are just terrible.  Anywho, seriously, there were leaves EVERYWHERE, people out raking them, hills for miles, and trees, OH the trees!  For roads upon stretches of rows, trees and more trees!  I didn't know what to do with myself, not seeing bulldozers and concrete and construction EVERYWHERE.  It just seems so cozy and homey (I don't know how to spell that where it doesn't look like "g-funk wud up homey" ... you know what kind I mean).  So I guess I can't hate it anymore.  Dangit.  I was so good at it.  And since we can't have the gorgeousness that is Arkansas fall in Texas, I will try and bring it into The Fulmer Household ... with fake leaves and pumpkins ...







Now I'm not going to act like this new-found love of Arkansas makes me like the fact it steals my husband away from me 1/4th of the year, BUT I do know and appreciate that HE'S the one that has to endure packing and unpacking week in and week out, airports, airplanes, hotels, working late, not sleeping in his own bed, and travelling 1/4th of the year and that he does it all, without complaining I might add, for our little family.  Plus he makes it much easier to handle when I wake up to these planted around our house ...


Sticky notes.  This one was on my computer.  It's not a very good picture but I wanted to share the sweetness that is my husband.  I tried to take a picture of the ones on my mirror, but the reflection issue was getting on my last nerve.  He leaves me these when he leaves for the week.  It's like Christmas waking up on the mornings he leaves.  Except the fact that he's not there.  It sure helps ease the wait until he comes back home at the end of the week.  I tend to just leave them up.  I'm such a lucky girl.  It also helps me realize and appreciate how little time and not big of a deal it is when he's gone for four days home for three when I think of my sweet friend Amber.   Amber's husband, Josiah, is deployed right now leaving her with no idea when he'll come home. She just has to be patient and wait. She is such a strong girl.  You are my hero Mrs. Rawlings!  With that in mind let's all remember to say a prayer for our troops during this holiday season and in particular for Amber and Josiah who are pretty much newlyweds and have to sacrifice so much to make our country the free and safe one it is.  Thank you both so much! 

Well, that's all for today kids.  And remember, my Girl's Night Thanksgiving Party is THIS Thursday, so if you want to come and you didn't get the Evite, shoot me your email and I'll send it your way!

1 comment: