Friday, November 13, 2009

Hostess With A Postess ...

Can I just tell you that I have a love/hate relationship with hosting parties?  I LOVE it, get SO excited, love having people at my house, but then the second they get there, I start to sweat profusely, act like a COMPLETE weirdo (seriously Katie, these people are your friends, not the CIA) and don't spend any time talking to ANY of them, except brief, two to three sentence long conversations, until I need to refill my drink or someone elses or put more food out or clean something up or keep my dog (when he's out) from sticking his face in their food/lap/drink/crotch.  And then the evening ends, I FEEL like I've had fun, but I also feel like I'm saying goodbye 10 minutes after I said hello.  Thus making me feel like the WORST HOSTESS EVER and like I might as well just say "Hi, thanks for driving all the way out to my house in Oklahoma (that's where my "South of LBJ Dallas friends" think we live) have some food, here's a drink, maybe I'll have time to talk to you ... on my way to the bathroom ... actually just come in with me, it'll give us extra time."  SHEESH.  So to all you sweet lovelies that came to my house last night, I'm SO SORRY if the four words I said to you were "Hi {insert name here}!" and "Bye {insert name here}!"  I feel like a terrible friend.  And on top of that I took two, yes you read that right, TWO pictures!  I'm really starting to think maybe I am sick ... ?  I hope you all know I LOVE and APPRECIATE you coming!  Don't worry, for the next one (the Christmas one that will be in a month or so) we will all sit in a circle and play telephone ... or do something that makes us all interact.  One huge bonus of my party last night was my sweet friend, Ellen of Elaborations brought my mouse pad she made me!  Isn't this cute ...



I heart it.  A lot.

Another one of the sweet lovelies that attended last night was none other than the miss Fabulous K!  Yes friends, my amazing blog designer.  Kelly brought this A.M.A.Z.I.N.G shoepeg corn dip ... which I'm going to have to make in the very near future.  Because it's sinful and delicious.  Not only did she make my blog and bring an amazing dip, but she also featured me on her Fabulous Friday Feature!  Go check her out if you haven't, which you probably already have.  She has like 852 billion followers.  Go be one of them.  You know you want to.  And if you're reading this because she featured me, welcome to Life in the Fulmer Lane!  I can promise you a silly, fun and fantastically crazy ride!


P.S. - here is Kelly's fabulous dip she made.  I'm pretty sure everything that girl does is fabulous ...






5 comments:

  1. Hi. I came over from Fabulous K to say hi. Love your blog...looking forward to reading more. And I can totally relate to your hosting...It is really hard to relax at your own party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Thanks for having me...it was so much fun! I am looking forward to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your cute blog off of Kelly's! Adorable, so keep blogging!! Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blog! Blessings to you!
    Joyfully,
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a corn DIP?? Oops. I just sat and gobbled it up with a fork. It was good! I had a good time last night! Lots of good food and sweet ladies! Looking forward to the Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete