Sunday, November 15, 2009

Late Sunday Night Ramblings ...

I can't end a blog title without an exclamation point or a "...".  I've tried.  Several times.  It just looks weird to me.  Therefore you will always get one or the other with me.  Sorry about that.  Well, my love left today again, this time for six nights, seven days.  Off to sunny Orlando, WITHIN walking distance to Epicot's gate I might add ... No?  I'm not jealous?  Why?  I'm an odd-shade of green you say?  My skin just changes color with the clothes I wear.  You know, like some people's eyes do?  I happen to be wearing all green today ... so, what of it?  Anyways, I'm not going say I'm not having a hard time with him being in my literal, happy place.  THE happiest place on earth if you will.  But again, I realize he's not skipping around all day with Mickey (which is what I'd be doing, teaching for work or no teaching for work.  That's probably why no one has ever asked me to be a national instructor ... they'd find me in the Magic Kingdom, inside Cinderella's Castle, having tea with the princesses, and I'd no longer be employed ...) and is actually doing something REALLY cool.  He's been selected to be an instructor for his company.  Let me dote on my husband a bit (he will hate this), this is not something they ask everyone to do.  It's something a lot of the higher-ups have to actually recommend you for ... and he was ... two years in a row.  And I couldn't be more proud of him.  He has such an engaging personality, understanding of how to communicate things to others, things that might not make sense if someone else explained them, and a patience for those who don't catch on the first time (thank GOODNESS ... I mean ... not that I do that ... much ...)  He really enjoyed it the first time he did it and I'm super pumped to hear how this time goes.  Teaching just lights him up.  And what lights him up lights me up.  So I'm fired up for him to be able to teach.  AND, before he left this morning (I was even a wake he's super sneaky!) he left me sticky notes, several around the house, but this one really got me thinking ... 


(I totally got Koda busted for being on the bed, he does this when his dad's out of town ... and his mom doesn't stop him ...)

I don't know if you can tell, but it's on my mirror.  My full length one at that.  I am not sure if he realized what he was doing when he placed it there, but the mirror is one place that I and I think most women don't look at ourselves as Christ looks at us.  We look ourselves as the world views us, and how we think we should look to the world.  We take a critical eye and think "My hips are too big" or "I wish I could lose that 10 lbs, if I could JUST lose that 10 lbs, then I'd be happy with myself" or "If I only was tanner, then I'd feel prettier" and the reality is, we should be looking for a reflection of Christ.  God's Word says "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalms 139:12-14.  How can we question a masterpiece of the Lord?  Every freckle, ever hair, every eyelash, even every curve or lack thereof, HE formed it.  He made it and He knew just what He was doing.  And believe me, I question and pick and criticize myself, probably more than the average woman, several times a day.  But then I remember that I AM so beautiful.  And not just to my husband, but to my Maker.  To my Creator.  And to the King of Kings.  And that, my friends, makes me FEEL beautiful.  Deep down, to the deepest, innermost place of my heart.  And I hope it does you too.  Find your worth in HIM friends.  It's a much better place to look, than in the mirror.  Good night for now, blog world.


2 comments:

  1. you simply MUST submit this to operationbeautiful.com! I wonder if he heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is such a sweet post - not only about your husband but about the secret significance of that post-it on your mirror. =0)

    ReplyDelete