Monday, November 23, 2009

Long Time No Blog!

Okay, I know it's only been a few days, but since I missed Friday I feel like I went on vacation!  Let me assure you I didn't but I WAS off from work on Friday to spend the day with my mom, Mama and (this year) my cousin Britney at Chi Omega Christmas!  This has been a tradition for me and my mom since I was a senior in high school.  She let me play hookie that year from school and when I was in college I drove home Thursday night and skipped school that Friday and now that I'm a working girl I take that day off and have done so since I entered the working world.  We just started "allowing" (ha - I'm kidding but my mom and I are really ridiculous about this being our tradition together) Mama to come a few years back and I just LOVE it!  We usually get there around 10:30am and stay until 5:30pm.  The hours are 10am-6pm so we might as well have been there the whole day.  This year we did something different.  There was a boothe set up on our way in with an ADORABLE Santa (he was very authentic, even had the bright blue eyes and rosy cheeks!) and my mom suggested that we take a picture with him!  I sat on his lap (I must admit this was a little weird at 28 yrs old) and my mom and Mama stood beside him.  I almost asked him if he needed a Mrs. Santa (my Mama) but thought I might embarass him.  Then his cheeks would really be rosy!  The picture ended up pretty cute, but it was a professional picture so I don't have one to post :0(  I DO have a picture of the three of us on our way into the shop-athon.

We went on to get TONS of goodies, mainly clothes and jewelry and my mom did get a few Christmas presents to put under the tree for me :0)  I must note, that my mom told me to dress comfy and then what does she do?  She goes and wears boots (very CUTE boots I might add) that kill her feet half-way through.  I was happy to switch with her because I had on flat boots that were the same color ... then Britney enters the picture with her pointy toed heels.  We tried FOR.EVER to find her some slippers, cute flats, etc. but to no avail, so I took off my mom's uncomfortable boots, gave Britney my socks so she could take her shoes off and go barefoot, and went sockless in my mom's uncomfortable boots.  And I was the one prepared!  How did I end up sockless in uncomfortable boots?  I guess I just love my family too much, darn them.  It ended up being fine and after a day of shopping and aching feet we went to a new sushi restaurant off Knox-Henderson, Sushi Axiom.  It was FANTASTIC.  Here is a picture of the happy sushi-full girls after dinner ...


It was SUCH a fun day and definately kept my mind off the fact that my mister was out of town on a Friday night.  I love that I can always count on my family.

Now, let's back up a bit.  Thursday night.  OH Thursday night.  My good friend Alysia and I went to the New Moon Premier.  Our plan was to leave a little early, get to North Park, attend a little Happy Hour and then head to the theater at 9ish (our special passes got us in at 9:30pm, 2 1/2 hours BEFORE the midnight showing) Well on the way there we sat in an HOUR of traffic.  I have this tendency to get ... aggravated in traffic.  Sometimes I yell.  It's okay.  No one can hear me.  It's just a situation that I can do nothing about which MAKES.ME.FRUSTRATED.  Thankfully we did get to the mall around 7:45 (about an hour later than we wanted to be) went to Luna De Noche, enjoyed some happy hour and got to the theater just in time.  How was the movie?  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  Well, between the giggling 13-year-olds ... I have never had the urge to let out a "SSHHHHHHHH" in a movie theater so much as I did that night.  Seriously little girls?  You've read the books, you know what's going to happen, must you giggle incessantly when Jacob takes off his shirt?  Or when Bella says something that COULD be perceived as funny?  Seriously.  I'm pretty sure I'll see it once if not several more times before it makes it's way onto my shelf in DVD form.  The BEST part was when we were leaving.  First off, in the line for the midnight showing was a girl, in normal clothing, with a WOLF MASK ON!  Hilarious.  I'm thinking she's Team Jacob.  As Alysia and I kept walking we realized it was complete pandamonium outside that theater.  There were people, I should say little girls (even guys, I was SHOCKED, I would have to drag my drugged unconscious husband to the theater to ever get him anywhere near it) LINED up from the front of the theater in a line that wrapped ALL THE WAY around the mall!  Insane!  And MAN were they giving us some looks when they saw our badges!  That's as close to feeling like Britney Spears as I'll ever get.  You would've thought these we just walked off the movie set they way they were looking at us!  One girl actually stopped us and said "How did you get those badges, I'm just curious?"  It was SO much fun, I just can't wait to see it again.  I think next I'll see it with my MOH!


Here's me with my badge ...


Here's Alysia and I's theater bracelets that got us into "theater 5"


And here's us super excited about being in the theater AND our badges ...

Okay.  I think I'm caught up.  I'm super pumped about the holidays coming up, first and foremost Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving.  There are so many things I'm thankful for this year.  What are you thankful for?  Make sure you take time to think about that and give thanks for everything you're blessed with.  Until tomorrow ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I adore your blog, as well. Thanks for adding me to your "list"...LOL. Love this post...your fam is so cute.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet lil Katie, I love your blog and am so proud to call you my daughter and bestest friend! God blessed you with many gifts and talents and I know HE is proud to seeing you using your one of writing. You amaze me and I'm sure your followers. I loved, loved ChiO Xmas this year once again with you and it will forever be one of my favorite things in the world...even if it puts me in debt!! As always, xoxoxo love ya, Mommy

    ReplyDelete