Friday, February 26, 2010

A Blog Award and Favorite Friday's!

So I forgot to tell y'all (yes, I'm a born and raised Texan, we say y'all - I promise it's not just for effect, I do not, EVER, say you all or you guys.  I know none other than y'all.  My favorite is when we go out of town and I, not thinking, say "do y'all have {insert item here}" and I get the CRAZIEST looks, the best was when we went to NYC.  I literally had a guy say "Y'ALL?  Where are you from?"  HA!) that I got a blog award from Jen over at A Girl in Pearls and a Boy With Toys (is that not the CUTEST title!?!?) and I'm SO honored! 




Another fun thing my fellow bloggy friend I mentioned up there is doing is jumping on the "week-of-the-day" feature train.  Seriously I'm not even going to have to think of what to blog anymore.  This is greatness.  Her feature is called ...

Favorite Fridays

Favorite Fridays!

This week's topic is: Favorite Vacation Spot

Now, this one's not easy for me.  Because I LOVE to travel!  Really though, who doesn't?  I thought about saying here ...


NYC at Christmas.  Because it was one of my all-time favorite trips with my mister ...


Or here ...


Cancun this past Christmas.  Because it was JUST what we needed at JUST the right time ...


Or here ...


Sonoma, CA in the wine country.  Because it was SUCH a fun trip, celebrating our friends gettin' hitched and doin' a little wine tastin' in between ...


Or here ...


Vegas.  Because Vegas is always fun.  Especially for your Silly's (for new readers, my Silly is my Sister-in-Love, it stands for Sister In Law Loves You) bachelorette party ...


Or maybe even here ...


Cabo.  Because I was celebrating one of my bestie's gettin' hitched with a bunch of my favorites ...


But I think it will always have to be here.  Even if we will probably never get to go back ...


Bora Bora.  Because that's where I spent my first vacation as the luckiest girl on earth.  As Mrs. Fulmer.  Plus it's just stinkin' gorgeous.  Pardon these pics, it was BEFORE we had a digital camera ...
DISCLAIMER:  I was REALLY tiny when I got married (who wasn't?) so please don't leave comments saying "That doesn't even look like you!" because I will find you and beat you up.  Not really, but maybe.







See that little table?  You can feed the fishies by removing the lid!  There's a light you can switch on which makes the fish come to it!  Coolest. thing. ever.






HELLO monstrous teef!  That's what happens when you barely eat for oh ... 6 months before your wedding ... 








Yep, that's me.  With sharks.  Scariest day of my life.  I'm terrified of sharks.  Great idea to go on an excursion with a crazy island man (in a sarong/borderline diaper mind you) who gets in the water and THROWS CHUM for them to come to you.  I'm pretty sure I peed in the ocean ...




They brought us breakfast, BY CANOE, and set it up in our room!  Everyone here speaks French by the way.  They all sound so elegant ... but look like Sumo wrestlers.  Very weird demographic ...




Our last night at dinner over-looking the ocean.  Which you can't tell I know (I'm telling you people, these were "throw away" cameras, I had no idea what I was gonna get), that's why I felt the need to "caption" ...


It was the trip of a lifetime.  The mister and I have talked about going back, but it'll have to be on like our 25th wedding anniversary and we may have to save from now until then ...

In other news, I have a REALLY funny story to tell you, but I'll wait until Monday (or MAYBE I'll blog over the weekend, GASP) because I this one's getting really long, with the picture overload n' all.  I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL weekend loverlies!!!



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Have a great weekend! you and your husband are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    Your sooo stinkin pretty girl! Those pics are sooo great! I envy you that you went to Bora Bora and swam with Sharks....o.k. maybe not the shark part eeeek.....I would sooo have peed in the ocean too....LOL..... YOu and your mister are just Ah-dorable.... Love all your vacay spots.....We are planning to take Kelcee to NYC when she is 5 or 6 at Christmas time and do the whole carriage ride in Central Park go to FAO Swartz and of course American Girl....We have been saving for this since um she's been born LOL..... O.K. I have to sing about your award first off congrats....your one popular gal...2ndly (can I type it that way) you bring the silly out in me and I have to sing this....
    The best part of waking up.....is Katie on your blog....I would say in your cup but that would just be um wierd LOL....See I sang you a Folger's commercial....
    Such a dork I know
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of all the wonderful vacations you've been on, how fun! Skinny is so last year, you look marvelous, then and now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all look like such great vacations!! Bora Bora looks gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...many things to talk about!

    First, Im so J you went to Bora Bora...how amazing!

    Second, NYC is prob one of my favorite places on earth! Everyone should go there at Christmas time at least once in their life!

    Third, I love Cancun and Vegas too...I got to go to Vegas in Jan and Cancun last summer...fun times!

    And lastly....I got your comment about The Shack. I also kinda went through the whole "is this sacrilegious or what" but I really dont think it is...I just think its weird! So my question to you...does it make sense later on in the book???

    Have a great weekend! Sorry for the long post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all those pictures. It made me wish for a warm vacation right about now. I can't wait to hear the funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures are great!! I've been meaning to put my honeymoon pics on the blog....just haven't gotten around to it. I've been too busy bashing churches and stuff....ya know the usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg amazing pictures! I'm so jealous of your fabulous honeymoon to Bora Bora. Looks like a blast. The mister and I are about to get on a plane for Boise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your vacation pictures. I would DIE to go to Bora Bora...I always say that we will go there someday...I hope that I am not just dreaming :)...Isnt it crazy that it wasnt THAT long ago that we didnt have digital cameras...what the heck!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. katie, can i have your life? ;)

    beautiful girl, you've given me wanderlust over these GORGEOUS images!

    happy weekend love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2/26/2010

    BEAUTIFUL PICTURES pretty girl!!!!your honeymoon looked just gorgeous and perfect the kind i want to have:)).........I hope you have a fab friday friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous pictures! I like this feature, I might have to try it out next Friday.

    have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I love all of your favorite places! Thanks for participating :)

    NYC @ Christmas Ooohhh happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are too adorable and always put a smile on my face. My twin sister, mom, aunt and I are going to NYC this Thanksgiving. I can't wait. I want to go to Bora Bora now. I'll have to wait for a LONG time for that one. During spring break my husband and I are taking our girls to Durango, Co for the first time. We love to ski so hopefully our girls will love it. Can't wait until your next post. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been everywhere! I love Vegas too! I would love to go to Cabo and NYC at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete