Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thoughtless Thursday Answer to ONE Q&A ...

Hewwo ladies (and gent, i.e. Mister), it's Thursday and we all know what THAT means here at LITFL (yes I DID just make my blog name into an acronym, I ain't skeered) ... say it (read it, mean it, own it) with me ...

Photobucket

And since I have NO exciting pictures to post today I thought I'd answer a question that a few of you asked yesterday which is, "What do you plan on doing with the nursery?"  So, I'll show you a few ideas I have.  Mind you, the Mister hasn't seen any of these, BUT after 5 years of marriage he's learned that messing with the decorating side of the house means certain death by lasers shooting out of my eyes a notsohappy wifey.  Don't get me wrong, I don't usually do anything he doesn't like or approve of, but he's pretty good about letting me take the reins in this department.  Just like I'm really good about letting him take the reins in the "poop-scooping, lawn-mowing, weed-eating, trash-taking-out" department.  Aren't I sweet?  So here you have it.  A few pictures of some ideas I have for the little guy.  And you'll have to excuse the "only boy" ideas however I've felt like this was a boy even before we found out the 95% likelihood that it is so that's all I've been looking at.  Here's what I originally liked ...


{we plan on buying a white crib which I'm glad we haven't bought yet since they just recalled something like 2 million cribs!  sheesh.}


However I THINK I've changed my mind since I found this bedding ...


{um, the word "turquoise" was in the description, can you blame me with my obsession with love for teal?}


With either option I LOVE this glider and matching ottoman (from WALMART I might add, heck yes for saving a little dough!) ...





And a few of these signs around the room, to bring Disney into the design without making my child TERRIFIED of it by the time he's able to talk because he's had Mickey slapped on every blanket, sheet, wall hanging and pillow he's seen.






{these come in any color you want (I would do blue or green if I chose the first bedding), they are from etsy.com and they have several sayings, this makes me happy just THINKING about it.}


And last I have a distressed armoire that is all white with old fashioned clear door knobs as drawer pulls that I'm going to keep in the nursery and my grandma has a vintage dresser that is distressed in a light green color that I think will go PERFECTLY with either bedding option.  We will put a changing pad on top of it and use that for our changing table.  So TECHNICALLY we only have to buy the bedding, glider/ottoman and crib!  Believe me, this makes one CPA Mister I know very, VERY happy.

And last but not least since some of you Soulmatey requested a belly pic to go along with the 18 week bumpdates yesterday, here you go.  I swear the belly has big time popped this week.  So much so that I looked down on Tuesday and thought "where'd YOU come from?"  Unfortunately I don't have the cute sticker to go with it because they go in 4 week stints.  So the next one will be on my 20 week belly shot.  I know you're SO excited (sarcasm much?) ...






And that's all for this TT friends!  I'd LOVE for you to play along, just choose random pictures of whatever you want from however long ago you want and come back here and link up with your post!  Happy "almost Friday day" loves!!!


21 comments:

  1. Cute bedding!! We just ordered our crib yesterday.

    Belly is getting big!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bump---You're so stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing your nursery ideas---very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have popped. It looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That room would be ADORABLE! Can't wait to see it all put together! Baby bump popped! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bedding....both are so cute I really like the second one....um had an idea it was gonna be teal, just a hunch LOL....

    LOL about the Disney Theme...Kelcee's nursery was all Disney Themed so much so that I am pretty sure she was like really mommy EVERYWHERE....LOL....I went a little ok ALOT Mickey crazy....what can I say....I have a love for Disney LOL

    Love the belly shot you are so pretty girl and just a glowin' I tell ya....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the disney stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower as of this morning and loove your blog! I just had my first baby on May 3rd a little girl named Lydia and it is sooo amazing being a mom. Enjoy every milestone and I can't wait to follow the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second bedding...where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bedding likes...are those Caden Lane or Serena and Lily by chance? and p to the s....we got that exact same chair from Wally World...and be sure to get the free shipping. They will ship if to the store and your Mister (like mine) can go pick it up...score!!! It is YUMMY comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SUPER cute!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, yes, you can tell it has popped in the second one! In a good way though, it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE that ottoman! GREAT find :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love those phrases, especially when the first baby laughed one from Peter Pan! I want them for my room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable nursery goods! I love the mickey stuff but totally get the don't want to scare the kid thing.. My mom saved my crib.. but now I see all these cute ones and I don't want it.. :( eek..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love all those things you found for the nursery...so cute! Love the belly pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok you are looking great-and how is your hair so straight and frizz free in this humidity??
    Love your nursery picks..especially that chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm, is it weird that I would love to have those Disney quotes in my room now?? LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the teal and TOTALLY need to play Thoughtless Thursday. I am doing everything in me to make it through yesterdays WW posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The nursery is going to look amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. Love love love the Disney signs by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh thats awesome you don't have to get everything and the furniture you have sounds adorable/perfect!!! I love a white theme and the bedding!!

    I think disney something or other needs to be in every child's room!

    ReplyDelete