Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hello my loverlies!  I hope you all had wondefully relaxing weekends, I sure did, even though it rained more than I've EVER seen it rain in Texas in the summer.  And speaking of the tsunamis crazy amounts of rain we got last week, the Mister and I had a bit of an experience on our way home from dinner on Friday night.  It started down pouring in the middle of dinner so by the time we got in our car it was straight up hurricane-ing.  We decided to drive through my parents neighborhood because the Mister wanted to show me the houses in the back of the neighborhood that I hadn't seen before.  As we were driving I looked to my right and saw a ball of fur fly by the window on my side.  I, of course, freak out and tell the Mister to slam on the brakes and that there's a dog (I think, at least from what I could tell) and he will hit it if he doesn't stop!  He then stops due to the freaking out and hyperventilating of his pregnant wife and gets out of the car in the pouring rain and starts whistling for the pup.  IMMEDIATELY a little, drenched, reddish-brown poodle runs to his side and he picks the poor little freaked out love up and puts her in his truck where she immediately buries her head in my lap and snuggles into me.  I seriously almost started crying she looked so terrified.  So we look at her collar and realize sweet Sophie's about 3 houses away from her home and call the owners.  Apparently she had been left outside when the crazy rain came out of nowhere and was so scared she found a way out of her back yard.  In the end, we got her back to her owner's safe, dry house and all was okay.  Thank GOODNESS we decided to go look at the neighborhood and thank GOODNESS I saw her next to the car!  I don't know WHAT I would've done if the Mister had hit her!!!

Saturday I spent finishing up my registry with one of my favorites who is an experienced mommy.  It was so nice to have someone that knows what kind of bottles, diapers, bibs, plates, snack cups, etc. that I need.  I think I'm pretty much set on my registry, there are a few more things that I am going to do with my mom, but for the most part, we're set!!!

Saturday night we went to the going away party for my friend Ginny that I told everyone about on Friday.  We had a GREAT time (besides the fact that we had to say goodbye to Gin for at least a year) and my Mister and a good friend of Gin's (and mine now, through Gin) husband, Billy ALMOST won the whole washers tournament!  I was so proud!  The food was fantastic, the company was great and the evening ended with SPRINKLES CUPCAKES.  Pretty sure I had a foodgasm.  I took some pictures, however LET the record state, I no longer like pictures of myself.  At all.  I look like someone stuck a helium tank in my mouth, turned it on and let it go until my face looks like a 13 year old with baby fat.  And by baby fat I mean from being a baby, not from carrying one.  So here goes.


{Bobbi, Karen, Chubarama, Keena}


{Bobbi, Karen, Sarah, Chunky Monkey}


{Gin and her friend, the Stay Puff Marshmallow Woman}


Seriously.  Can I look any chubbier?  Don't answer that.  Because in two months I'm pretty sure I'll answr my own question.  Moving on.  Sunday we went to church and then meet a few of our couple friends at their neighborhood pool and played with their kiddos.  The Mister is off all week so last night we played like it was a Saturday and watched a movie (Beautiful Mind which I'd NEVER SEEN but LOVED!) and ate dinner at home.  And that's it for the wrap-up!  I will say one thing.  I'm ready for fall.  Period.  This pregnant woman has had ENOUGH of this heat.  Especially since I've offically started swelling.  Which feels equivalent to have sausages for all of your appendages including your fingers and toes.  Awesome.

I hope y'all have a great week!  Happy Monday (as happy as a Monday can be, right?) loverlies!!!

26 comments:

  1. Way to rescue the doggie!!
    I finished up my registry this weekend too..its a nice feeling :) and its nice to register with a friend who helps with bottles and such..I had no clue what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for rescuing the doggie :)

    and you are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE stories like that! It always breaks my heart to see lost puppies. LOVE your dress in these photos. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to help that poor dog!! You look great, shut your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS for helping that dog out!! your like me in that way!
    I think you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress! I want it. You're really starting to show now and you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby registries are fun! Did you do Buy Buy Baby or Babiesrus? Cute pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you rescued the poor little puppers!!! And you look adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful...so hush it up with the Chunky Monkey (which I call Lucy that), Marshmellow talk!!

    SOOOO glad you and the Mister saved that little pup! That's my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, such a cute story about the dog!! I am so glad you guys were able to find the owners!

    Sprinkles Cupcakes are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!! soo delicious!

    And you look beautiful in all your pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO glad Sophie got home safely : )
    And you look gorgeous no matter what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you look so cute, no chubby or chunky you just look so stinken cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you look great! I love that dress! That's so great that you found the puppy and got it back to the owners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK rescuing the dog is just too sweet! You sound just like me! I have had the Mister on the side of the road meowing looking for a kitten! And I think you are just looking cuter and cuter for the record

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl...you look great!! I love your dress :)

    I love A Beautiful Mind too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look like an adorable pregnant lady! Aren't all pregnant women chubby looking, except for the ones on TV who aren't really pregnant? I love the doggy story and I'm glad it ended happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. woohoo on registering!! Isn't it seriously so stressful?!?! SO many things to look at, but nice to have a helper!

    You look great, but I remember being preggers in the summer and I felt like a monster most of the time! That dress you are wearing looks adorable and super cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7/13/2010

    oh thank goodness you rescued the dog! i would've been crying.

    you look wonderful ps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a beautiful women! You don't look chubby, you look pregnant and you have this awesome glow! Way to go soon to be mommy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww good for you for going with your instincts and saving the puppers! I'm sure you brought so much relief and happiness to that family!

    I LOVE the movie Beautiful Mind. It's not one I can watch often, but I do enjoy it when it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stop with the chubby - you look great! :)
    Good work on the pup, cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eeeeek! I can't wait to meet my little "nephew!" You win the award for cutest preggers ever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Puhshaw - you look freakin' fantastic, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey it's baby love all around your dress is super cute! Good job on seeing that little ball of fur! We always stop whenever we see dogs running around and try to catch them to return them or save them good job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like ya'll had fun! Sad I missed it. Bon Voyage Gin and James!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're gorgeous pregnant! Don't be so hard on yourself! In a few more months, you'll love looking at those pics while holding baby in your arms and realize it was all worth it!

    ReplyDelete