Monday, February 28, 2011

Dirty Thirties.

This year is the year that most of my friends (and myself) are all turning 30.  This, of course, makes for a great excuse to act like you're turning 21 again have a FUN night out!  One of my best friends and roommate from Baylor turned 30 on Friday.  She and her mister live in Waco and he arranged a weekend in Dallas to celebrate with all her friends.  Kim is from California and her best friend since high school (and another one of my best friends from Baylor as well) led Kim to believe that she wouldn't be able to be here for her 30th.  Unbeknowst to Kim, I was picking Megan up from the airport on Friday and surprising her in Kim's hotel room when she arrived.  C was such a good sport and rode around with two crazy girls all day while we lunched, shopped, picked up decorating supplies and set everything up in the hotel room.  We decided the best idea was to hide on the balcony when Kim and Brady got to the room and then Brady would lead Kim out onto the balcony where we'd suprise her.  Now, up until this point C had been a champ.  Eating on the go, having his diapers changed in the backseat of my car, being shuffled in and out of his carseat, the whole nine yards.  But of course, the MINUTE we go outside and actually NEED to be quiet, the little man turns into a fussy pants.  And won't stop no matter what tricks I try.  So Kim and Brady come in the room and hear crying coming from the balcony so Brady leads Kim there as quick as he can.  As soon as Kim comes out she immediately sees me to her right along with C and is super excited and surprised.  I then pointed across from me, to Kim's left and as soon as she saw Megs she went balistic.  It was the cutest, most adorable surprise I've ever been a part of.  Of course I didn't get a picture of that BUT I sure did get some of our Friday night out.  I have to give the Mister some quick props because he totally took baby duty and let me and my MOH stay and take a cab home so we could stay out with our friends we never see longer.  I came home to a happy, sleeping baby.  Thanks sugar, you are the BEST

{my MOH, me, Megs and Kim}

{my Megs & me}

{work it.}

{birfday girl closeup.}

{me & my MOH}

{Megs & I}

It was SUCH a fun night.  All I have to say is, I MISS YOU GIRLS!!!  Happy dirty thirty Kim!!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/28/2011

    Yay! How fun! I turn the "dirty thirty" this year too. I have mixed feelings about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute surprise!! Looks like y'all had such a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Time spent with the girls is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. y'all are SOOO FABULOUS!!! i turn 27 march 7th and i'm welcoming an older age just like you guys are ;)

    btw, i've missed you but know that i still read and LOVE hearing about you as a mom <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprises are great! Looks like you ladies had a great time!! I turn the dirty 30 in July!

    ReplyDelete