Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weight Loss Update ...

Well, I told y'all I'd update you on this a long time ago but have kept forgetting to.  Scratch that, I was mad (Read:  pouting ridiculously like a giant baby and not looking at what God had blessed me with as progress) that I was stuck at the same number and was putting it off.  I have since figured out what was holding me up (Note: eating a bag of steamed edimame for dinner, no matter how much you love them and try and convince yourself that since they are a vegetable they surely have to be good for you, only does one thing.  Make you retain water) changed it and immediately saw results.  So, since I've started working out and making a conscious effort to watch what I eat (end of December) I've lost 11 lbs!  And I'm T-H-R-I-L-L-E-D.  Now, so the Mister won't get mad at me for not giving myself credit, in total I've lost 41 lbs.  But, not that I'm discounting it, 30 lbs of it fell off by two weeks after I got home from the hospital so the amount that I've lost since starting my workout/eat well plan is 11.  I'm going to take random pictures here and there just to "show" my progress.  And to give myself excuses to take pictures of my little man with his mommy.  So here's one I took today ...

{C wasn't ready for the picture.  He was watching the birdies out the window.  In all fairness, I didn't count to three.}

My face is STARTING to look like me again!  And for the record, I think all the weight I'm losing, little sweet C is gaining.  LOOK at those chubby cheeks!  I could just squeeze 'em all day long!

Sidenote:  (Eyemuffs all you (one) men that read) I'm avoiding the scale for a few days.  You know that thing that happens each month when you don't decide to make adorable little babies?  Well it hurts like the dickens when it's been on "vacation" for almost a year.  Ow-ch.

Oh and apparently Blizzard Watch 2011:  Part II is on for Texas starting tonight so it's possible we may be stuck in the house another day or two.  No big deal.  Did you see the little guy I get to snuggle with up there?

30 comments:

  1. Way to go! You are doing awesome and you look SO beautiful!! And I just want to squeeze those adorable, chubby little cheeks of his!

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo!! You look great girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you girlie! your little man looks like his momma in that pic I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, your looking great! Congrats and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one Katie to another you are beyond adorable! I'd love to hear what other foods you've ate to lost that retained water. You look incredible, and Mr. F is completely right for wanting to encourage you for every pound loss. Hard work is hard work!
    PS You look great. If I saw you at the mall, I think I'd figure you were a nanny because there'd be no way on Earth you'd have just had a little bebe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KATIE!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO proud of you!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!! You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/08/2011

    You look great! I can't believe you have gotten your "monthly thing" already?!? I'm sooo not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous!!!! I would love to hear more about what you are eating and doing?! And C is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you girl! You look great! And so does Little C!
    I'm sorry to hear your monthly friend is back and already being a pain in the butt - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing great! Love the picture of you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's so awesome! way to go! your little man is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great katie! keep up the great work :)
    and C is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! You look great. I cant wait to hear more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, that is awesome progress! Would you mind detailing what workouts you are doing and maybe a sample menu?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! That is awesome progress, so glad you are sticking with it. Weight loss is soooo tough. And of course C is so handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. good for you darling!! i think you look fantastic and you have a gorgeous baby to go along with it... life is great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah for progress! You look great and of course C is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GIRLFRIEND! Look at YOU! So proud of you, sweet girl! That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look great! Congrats. Beautiful picture! Hot stuff mama!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all, you look fabulous. Second of all, let's talk about these 30 pounds that just fell off in the first two weeks. Was that due to breastfeeding or are you not giving yourself credit where credit is due? Proud of you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw congrats Katie! You look great!! Keep at it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is awesome! YOu look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's awesome! You look great!! Your little guy is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's great progress, Katie! Congrats! You look great. Cute kid, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. you go, girl! and your little man is getting so big! still freakin' adorable too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're looking great and it sounds like you've got a plan! Aw, he's such a cutie with shose cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You honestly look great girlie!! Keep it up and hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on your weight loss keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete