Friday, May 20, 2011

Third Time's a Charm!

Last night I had my third birfday celebration with the girls (and my brother, he gets to come when the birfday girl is his sister or his wife) on my momma's side of the family.  We went to Naan, which for all you non-Dallas-ites (and non-Plano-ites, I know for you Dallas folk that anything north of 635 requires packing an overnight bag) is a DELICIOUS sushi place, and had a FANTASTIC dinner.  Best part?  Half price drinks and rolls until 7pm.  So we got there at 6:45 and placed a giant order of course!  I had a great time.  







And a BIG thanks to the Mister for staying home and watching C diddles and being SUPER strong on our first night of Mission CIO (cry it out).  I haven't updated y'all on here but we've been having the HARDEST time breaking C of the swaddle.  Truth be told we should of broken it a LONG time ago and that's why it's so tough but that's neither here nor there.  Needless to say the next one will be broken of it by 3 months.  Sheez.  He did great, cried a lot at first (while I was gone, phew) and was out by the time I got home (8:30) and then started it again around midnight and gave it up by 1am (hardest thing EVER to sit and listen to your baby scream and only be able to give him his paci and comfort him for a few minutes).  Then we both woke up SHOCKED at 7am this morning.  I'm so proud of the little guy.  And also glad he still loves me.  I hope it's even easier tonight, wish us luck!

Happy weekend loverlies!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl!!! Ok, so our problem isn't swaddling because our baby wanted to be out of it by 2 months or so.... his problem now is pacifier addiction. If it falls out in the middle of the night, he cries sometimes for us to put it back in. It's really not as bad as I'm making it seem, but I feel your pain!
    The best thing we did when teaching him to be unswaddled was to put him on his stomach. Slept 8 hours the first time we did. His arms weren't flailing around and he was so much more comfortable. You could try that, although I know a lot of people say not to. But, especially if your baby is strong enough to move his head around and put weight on his arms he will be totally fine. Now Cai rolls all around in his crib until he finds a comfy spot. He loves it haha. Also, we gave him a little blanket animal thing that he snuggles as he goes to bed which also calms him down.
    Just thoughts :)
    Good luck!! The cry it out thing is SOOO hard. I still don't have the guts to do it. I can't listen to it more than 5 minutes. Hope it doesn't bite me later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe! we just broke rylee of her swaddle at about 6 months. luckily, she didn't cry about it. i don't think i could do cio!

    ReplyDelete