Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Open Letter to my Blog ...

Dear bloggy bloggizity blog,

First let me start off by saying I don't even know what an "open letter" to anything is.  But, if it's a letter, to my blog, for everyone to read, then that's what this is.  If it's something else, well then that's not what this is.  Back to the matter at hand.  The letter.  The open one.  To you, my blog.

I know that when I first started you it was out of blogger bother.  You've heard of peer pressure?  Well blogger bother is the same thing, bloggers that keep telling you "you should start a blog" because you status update 852 times (and we're sick of reading all eight-hundred-and-fifty-two of them) a day and a blog is pretty much like a giant status update.  Of course now I do both, status update AND blog thus doubling my amount of annoyance to those around me (sorry those around me).  On a sidenote blog, I've been told I should look into Twitter.  I feel this would really just be punishment to people (read:  ANNOY THE HECK OUT OF THEM) I care about and well, I'm just not that mean.  Focus, back to the letter.  The open one.  To you, my blog.  Right.  So I started out of blogger bother, is that what I was saying?  And then, well then I figured out I liked to write and that writing was somewhat of an outlet for me.  And then, THEN people (that I didn't know, GASP!) started reading, started commenting and started following!  Well dangit, now I was addicted to you blog.  I wanted to post every day (and pretty much did except for weekends), I sat around and thought about witty things I could say, funny stories I could tell and pretty much any and everything suddenly became "blog-worthy".  I tried (emphasis on TRIED) to be funny.  I tried (emphasis on TRIED) to be entertaining.  And I even tried to be very open, honest and real.  I hope I was at least interesting, my sweet little blog.  And then ...

I got pregnant.  And it took over part of my blog.  I tried to keep in some normal, real life, non puking, non swelling, non hormone-ing stories.  And I hope I kept it up for awhile blog.  I hope I didn't bore you to smithereens blog.  And then ...

I went on bed rest.  And the pregnancy took you over.  I'm sorry blog.  It just had to happen.  What do you expect, I had nothing to talk about besides the shows I was watching, the trips up and down the stairs (or later on, to and from the hospital bathroom) that I was taking, and how many nurses had come in to take my blood pressure that day.  I got boring.  Because I was BORED.  Therefore you got boring.  It's a wonder your readers didn't leave you all together.  Let's thank them now shall we?  THANK YOU!  And then ...

November 5, 2010 happened.  And I always TOLD you, little blog of mine, that you wouldn't turn into a babypalooza.  That you would still be (at least try to be) interesting.  That you would still be (at least try to be) funny.  That you would still be (at least try to be) witty.  But I found something I liked more than you my sweet blog.  And that thing is being a mother.  Specifically to a sweet little muffin of a baby boy.  And he took you over.  He took you over in full force.  And now?  I have nothing interesting to say (at least to anyone other than me) and nothing interesting to post (at least to anyone other than me) except him.  And you know what?  I don't care.  I love every part of it.  I do promise, dear blog, that as my days of motherhood go by and the opportunity for a witty/sarcastic/funny post arises I WILL take the opportunity to do so.  I promise you that.  Until then, I will continue to bore you to death with incessant updates of my sweet boy.  And continue loving every part of it.

                                           Your author (creator?  administrator?  master?),
                                           The Mrs. of the Fulmer Lane

4 comments:

  1. Ha- that IS funny. They say that only mommas can appreciate mom blogs (or those that primarily post about being a mother), but I have zero children and I still love everything(!!) you write about, especially C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it your funny without trying girlfriend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! you are so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is perfect! I just had my baby girl two weeks ago and she has already taken over my blog. I promised myself it wouldn't happen but now that she's here she's the most interesting thing in the world! Keep posting about your little man and all of us Mommies will continue to read! :)

    ReplyDelete