Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nine Months!

I say it every month.  Might as well say it this one.  I can't believe I have a nine month old.  I remember thinking, when I first came home from the hospital and was still am anxiety ridden, "Oh my gosh he's so tiny, I just feel like he's SO tiny" and was afraid anything and everything would hurt him still am.  I couldn't IMAGINE him being even six months at the time but NINE MONTHS?  We ALMOST have a one year old!  I'm going to have to start already have planning his first birthday party soon!  What tha?  I can't even handle how much of a mom I feel like saying "Where does the time go?" but let's face it, I couldn't be any more of a mom if I tried.  I virtually slap you all in the face with a stack of my child's pictures every time I post.  So seriously, where does the time go?

Alright I'll stop blubbering (apparently I've picked up the mom long-windedness habit as well, sorry 'bout that) and get to the chair pics.  I like to call this set "we have a nine month old so we have to give him a prop so he doesn't LAUNCH himself off the chair mid-shoot" set.

{"HEY now, lookie HERE!  We get props this time!  And not just ANY prop, my favorite thing in the world, that thing they point at that big box with the colorful pictures on it!"}

{"Let's see, maybe if I push this button here it'll make her stop with the picture taking ..."}

{"I love this thing.  Maybe I can figure out how to turn on closed captioning again.  That was sure funny to watch her try and figure out how to turn off."}

{"I think it was this button here ..."}

{"Nothing's happening.  I'm not sure if this thing's working?"}

{"OH MY GOODNESS LOOK AT THAT SWIRLY THING ON THE CEILING!"}

{"Wait a second, maybe this thing controls that swirly thing on the ceiling!"}

{"NOW I'm on to something, let's give it a swirl ..."}

{"Hey.  Hey you.  Swirly thing.  Go faster."}

{"Did you hear me, I said GO. FASTER.  Dadgum buttons."}

{"I guess not.  But either way you're pretty funny swirly thing.  You make me laugh."}

{"MAYBE it controls that thing over there with the big long cords that look like so much fun ..."}

{"I BET I'M RIGHT,  I BET IT DOES!  LET'S DO THE CELEBRATION SPAZZ DANCE!"}

{"Well dangit nothing's happening there either.  Talk to the hand thing with the big long cords.  I wouldn't pull your cords if they were the last cords on earth!"}

{"Um, please pardon me while I take care of some ... "}

{"... manly business ..."}

{"Pardon me ... just a second."}

{"My mom calls this my "workin' on a poo" face.  I have no idea what that means ..."}
 
{"Alright.  Business taken care of.  I'm pooped.  No pun intended."}

{"HEYYYYY!  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS CHAIR ROCKED!?!?  WAHOOOOO!!!"}

{"Let's see how hard I can make it rock ..."}

And this is when mommy cut off the shoot.  The vision of baby lurching forward like a rocket in my camera's view finder pretty much put an end to the modeling sesh STAT.  But I did manage to get one smiling, non rocketing, non pant's filling face, non channel changer holding picture.  On my iPhone.  Of course.


Happy nine months to my love.  Oh how mommy loves you!



6 comments:

  1. It's so true that you never know how fast time flies until you're a Mommy! My sweet girl will be 3 months in a week and I seriously can't believe it! Happy 9 months Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/11/2011

    How I miss my boys being 9 months, goes by too quick.
    Such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/11/2011

    Happy nine months, Caleb! I always love reading your monthly updates. SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree time goes by way to fast! Keira will be 9 months on the 29th. Caleb is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the title of this post, I got so excited! I love these chair/caption posts! He's growin' up so quickly... i can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 9 months Caleb!!! He's a cutie pie, as always love your captions!!!

    ReplyDelete