Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We Have a Floater!

So the night before last I was giving C a tubby (which is what we call a bath in our house).  I knew, with having a little boy, this was eventually bound to happen.  He was splish splashin' away as usual, throwing his toys in and out of his little blow up bathtub when all of a sudden, his face turned bright red.  I looked at him, said, "Are you about to do what I think you're about to do?" followed by a, "Surely not." to which he replied with what I thought he was about to do.  As the redness from his face disappeared an extra object, one which is definately NOT a toy and one that usually only joins us in closed, contained diapers appeared.  That's right.  We had a floater.  And then a second and third floater followed shortly thereafter.  As soon as I saw the first I scooped C up out of his tub and yelled to the Mister "SUGARRRRRR, WE HAVE POOP!"  He yelled back with a, "What?" and I SCREAMED back with a, "He pooped in the tub, HE POOPED IN THE TUB!!!"  I'm not sure how the Mister attained light-speed so quickly but he was in that bathroom before I finished the word "tub".  We both stood there, looking at each other, while I held C under the arms dangling over the tub with a "WHAT THE HECK DO WE DO!?!?" look on our face.  The Mister quickly went and grabbed a diaper and some wipes and stood there looking at me, again with a "NOW WHAT?" look on his face, while I continued to hang C over his tub.  The Mister then decided he should just start wiping.  And that's the point where we realized C wasn't ... done.  So what did we do?  Hang him over his tub so he could ... finish taking care of business.  All the while the poor guy is looking at us like "Mom, if this is what happens whenever the diaper goes away I'm not sure I EVER want to be potty-trained.  Is this what y'all do?  Cause this is GROSS!"  It was at this point between the gagging and the dangling of the baby that we started to giggle.  Because the sheer chaos and hilarity of it all were too much to resist.  Once we regained control of ourselves we wiped the offender (or the hiney as most would call it), got C in a diaper and the Mister, once again, got dad o' the year award and proceeded to ... clean up the bathroom.  There was a lot of Lysol, Tilex and throwing away of the tub (and every toy in it) involved.  I couldn't help but be reminded of the scene in "Life As We Know It"  with Josh Duhamel and Katherine Heigl where Sophie has the same bathtime incident.  So, needless to say we are going to Walmart today to buy C a new tub.  And possibly some bathtime diapers.  Do they make those?  Because they should ...

And on a completely different note, SOMEONE is going to be having a GIVEAWAY soon!  I hope you know that I mean me by someone.  What will I be giving away?

Well the lovely people at Shabby Apple contacted me with their interest in hosting a giveaway on my little ole' blog and I HAPPILY accepted.  And this little beauty is what they're offering my fantastic readers ...

This FABULOUS gold feather necklace!  I mean I really want it for myself.  But the Mister said that making myself a winner wasn't fair.  Dadgummit

I'll give you more info and tell you how to win and all that jazz on Monday.  For now?  Y'all go get your holidays started with your families, enjoy this time of eating too much, cozying up by fireplaces and watching football and the holiday movie marathons that are sure to come on TBS, TNT and every other cable channel. See y'all next Monday!

Happiest Thanksgiving everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. One day Caleb will read this post and he'll either laugh or hate you. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is so funny! :) Love stories like this! And Caleb's future girlfriends will love them too. Caleb... probably not so much. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I just watched that movie too! Ah I remember when my little brother did that! Oh memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I have a friend at work and I swear her little boy does that in their tub at least once a week. She is always talking about it! Good luck on finding another tub and those diapers. lol

    ReplyDelete