Thursday, October 29, 2009

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Everywhere!

Well, today is the day we finally took the plunge.  Matt and I have been talking about getting a maid for about 6 months now, however, we couldn't find someone for the right price, or we didn't know them so there was a trust issue.  Then, last week my uncle sent out an email saying his cleaning lady needed extra work and that she was great with dogs (cue heavenly music playing in my head) and her price was GREAT.  SO sweet Maria started today.  And when I say sweet, I mean it.  She is precious and when she came in to meet me today she immediately petted (pet? pets?  I don't know the plural form of that word) Koda.  Bonus points number 1 - being sweet to my dog.  Then she has me walk her around the house and is saying things like "mop" and "cleaning the microwave" ... I'm sorry, what?  What is a mop?  Clean the microwave?  Are you an sure you're human?  Where is your spaceship.  Take me to your leader.  Bonus points number 2 - doing things I never would've thought of.  I literally can't wait to get home.  My house is going to look and smell amazing.  I have so many friends that say having a wonderful cleaning lady will change your life.  I'm excited for the Fulmers to experience that life change.  Bring on the life changes. 

I will admit I had a lot of concerns having someone I don't know come into my house.  And sadly, most of them centered around my dog, not so much the stuff in my house.  For example, Koda is curious.  And he feels the need to try and lick/eat the cleaning products which is NOT good for him.  Obviously.  Also, what if Koda somehow ran out of the house?  Without Maria noticing?  You know, because he can open doors by himself ... what?  Right.  Or what if she went to the car to get something and left the door open?  Or what if she was afraid of dogs and was mean to him?  Seriously the normal "What if some of my stuff gets taken?" never crossed my mind.  It was all "What if something happens to my dog?"  Ridiculous.  I know.  But sweet Maria (my aunt Joanie calls her Mary Poppins, maybe I will too) has put my fears at ease.  Mary Poppins will take care of Koda.     

Okay here is one more hint for my costumes ... they will both involve a picture ... here is a picture hint for what I'm going to be for my work Halloween Costume Party ...


And here is a picture hint of what I'm going to be to my brother and silly's party ...


This costume will, in a way, make Matt look as if he's dressed in costume, without even putting one on.  Can you guess?  Leave your guesses as comments, I would love to hear them!!!  Happy Halloween Eve Eve!!!

(PS - Feel free to be a follower of my blog I would LOVE to know people read it, it will make my day!!!)

2 comments:

  1. 1. Feel free to send your maid my way. Surely she will not mind since we are so close.

    2. I have NO IDEA what your costumes are. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/30/2009

    Your costume is confusing me more the more clues you include.

    ReplyDelete