Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mama's Girl's (Plus Clay) Birthday Celebration ...

Yesterday was my Mama's birthday and last night we celebrated with her at Brio, a fantastic Italian restaurant in the new(ish), fun, outdoor shopping center in Allen.  She looks (and acts) friggin' amazing, and hilarious I might add, for her age.  My mom added a little surprise by inviting her two sisters, Aunt Norma Lou and JoAnn.  Did I mention she was turning 84?  Seriously.  Does this look like an 84 year old woman?  I think not ... I hope I have whatever jeans you've got Mama, and if not, I'm starting to shop at the same store you do and get me a pair of two of 'em.  I hope they're not designer.  I'm on a budget.



And she's wearing her little necklace I got her for Christmas.  It says "Blessed Mama", I had to have it when I saw it.  Isn't she the cutest?  But ya'll know, I've bragged about her before. 


Here is the table full of trouble ...



  I don't know what I was thinking.  Dangit Katie you're supposed to choose the NON fat face side of the table to sit on.  Not the fat jaw side!  Fool. Meanwhile, my cousin who's literally about to pop (front right) in a week looks half my size and is in THE actual fat seat (i.e. the spot in the picture in the very front of a row/seat/table, etc. when said picture is being taken from a slanted angle).  Always pick the right side Kate, ALWAYS.  Pay attention!  At least for picture taking purposes.  Otherwise, I was quite comfortable with myself for the rest of the evening. 



The Birthday Girl and her two sisters.



Me and my cousin Britney.  See THIS is where I was actually thinking.  I made someone sit on my bad side so good pictures would be snapped from across the table.



Here's the preggers (I know, where?) eating a WHOLE chicken!  Give her a break, she's eating for two.  It's completely normal for one person to eat a half a chicken (hmmmm, survey says no?) so it would be logical for someone preggo to eat a whole one ... right?  (still same survey?)  Did I mention she shared with her two-year-old daughter?  (still too much bird?)  I don't know, blame Brio, they put it on the menu.



This is Mama's face when she read the part in the card that my mom gave her after she opened quite a beachy-looking little outfit that said "I figured you could use this for your next, all exclusive (that's what my Mama calls it.  Instead of All IN-clusive.  It's a Mama-ism.  There are several.  And they are adorably hilarious), all expenses paid, round trip to Mexico (that they're probably taking in March) ... I'm thinkin' she was excited ... and maybe a little sassy ...



If you can't tell this is the "blowing out the candle" picture then you need a lot more 'splainin' about things in general ... and possibly a little professional help.



Giggle-fest 2010.



Let's try that again.  Mama with her two girls.


And now please hold for a silly Silly photo session ...


Two Sillies looking normal ...



Oh no, somebody must've put something in the chicken ...


We needed to make sure the wrapping paper was ... sufficient.  Apparently it was.  For head-wrapping at least ...



Aww.  Now isn't that darling.  Or disturbing.  Whatev.



Whaaaat?  Related you say?  Brother and sister?  Psssshhhhhhh, no.  Why ever would you think that?  Don't worry, we're professional smilers.  We used to model. (and yes, I'm serious but Clay more did commercials and I did ... well let's just say the name of the catalogue was "Big Kids" and I thought it was because I was a cool "big kid" when in all actuality it was for size 12+, i.e. BIG kids ...)



And last but not least, Mama with all her grand (and one great) kiddos.  Looking somewhat normal.  There WERE 852 cameras going off at once so I'm just happy with the fact that I'm not crossed-eyed and drooling.


And P.S. remember when I mentioned the whole spazzed out poodle look earlier when referring to my being excited about having plans and going out on weekends?  Well there's the hair style to accompany it.  I didn't realize I was doing a demenstration this evening but apparently, I wanted to give you all a visual to go along with the description.  So there you have it.  It's on top of my head ...

I sure do love my little family.  Disfunctionalities (Is that a word?  Does that mean disfunctional - or really just hilariously silly - personalities?  If not, can it now?) and all.  Can't wait for Natalie's Girl's Birthday celebration in February!

5 comments:

  1. Can Mama be in my family too? She's adorable! I have an 85 year old great aunt named Margaret - I think the two of them would be fast friends! She told Craig at our wedding that he was her new favorite, not me. Love those sassy ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. Your mama is adorable!! What a great birthday party.. Brio looks awesome.. and that chicken..wow!! She does not look like she is 84 AT ALL and I am so jealous.. I want to go to Mexico....heck If I could just go to the bathroom by myself I would be happy..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girlie, you have the cutest family! I'm thinking that Mama has some fabulous genes, and you do too! I'd be lying if I said that I didn't secretly want to come and hang out with your family because everyone looks like soooo much fun! Glad you guys had a fabulous little get together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Mama is adorable! What a fun happy birthday party! You are too cute; stop being so hard on yourself! I don't see a "bad angle"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute is she??? and your ENTIRE family!! i love family happiness... man oh man i miss mine. :(

    you are SOOOOOO PRETTY!!! i love all the pictures on your blog. I wish i was as photogenic :)

    italian place at an outside shopping center? my heaven!!!

    and she does not look 84! i have a feeling you will get her good genese :) i think it's even sweeter that her sisters were invited. There is nothing like having your sisters there... they're absolutely the other pieces of your heart.

    ReplyDelete