Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Much Anticipated LR Pics ...

So is it sad that I officially jacked these pictures off facebook?  My MOH IS a little busy you know, having a 7 1/2 month old and all.  Well, even if it is sad, I did it.  And I admitted it.  So that makes it all okay, right?  Now.  Let's talk about my trip to Little Rock with my MOH.  Let me just start out by saying that until this past year, I have PASSIONATELY hated Arkansas.  Not because I have anything wrong with the Razorbacks or the sterotypical backwoods character that is portrayed as Arkansas's main inhabitant.  Mainly the reason is two fold.  First, my best friend, since I was in 8th grade, got married and moved there a few weeks after she got back from her honeymoon.  Strike one for Arkansas taking away people I loved.  Second, two days after my mister and I got back from our honeymoon he had to take off for Arkansas for 5 weeks (home on weekends, don't cry for me Argentina) and from then on, every year, has to make a 2 month or so appearance (M-F, again I'm okay, I can handle it) and it always falls right SMACK in the middle of his birfday, our anniversary and then my birfday.  Strike two.  I'm not waiting for strike three, taking away two people is E-NOUGH, thank you very much Arkansas.  SO after my MOH moved back to Texas my mister took me on a little day trip to Arkansas after we were in Oklahoma for a friend's wedding in October.  Remember?  I talked about it here.  And let me tell you.  IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL.  The leaves were showing off all their glory for fall, the colors were magical.  And then, I started to hate Arkansas a little less.  This past weekend pretty much helped me love it.  We stayed with Andrea's super sweet and incredibly hospitable friend Lindsey.  First off, I have to back track.  My sweet mister hooked Andrea and I up with plane tickets so we didn't have to drive 4 hours to get to Arkansas.  Which I'm sure would've been fun, but definately saved us a ton in gas and time as well.  Last week my mister just happened to be IN Arkansas for work and was coming home on the day we were flying out.  As soon as we landed and I turn on my phone, it rings and it's my mister.  He says "Did you guys just land?" and I'm thinking ... "Yes, and holy heck when did my husband become the plane whisperer?"  He then says "I'm looking at your plane.  I'm sitting on the runway about to take off for Dallas." to which I then get overly excited (much like a small toy-type dog) and frantically look out my window for his plane.  We chat back and forth about our locations on the plane and finally end up waving at each other back and forth through our plane windows.  Not that I could see his face mind you, but I could see his hand waving wildly back and forth.  It was pretty cool.  Oh technology.  I tell you.  It was neato torpedo.  So anyways, back to Friday night.  Friday night was wine and jammies night.  Wine and jammies and LOTS of yummy food night, to be exact.


(I don't know why this one's so fuzzy ...)



(Um, PS - this chickita had the cutest house I've ever seen.  Like I wanted to take pictures of it.  But didn't want her to be like "Um, Andrea, why is your crazy best friend taking pictures of my house?"  So I refrained.)



Then, on Saturday, my MOH and I went shopping.  And let me tell you, backwoods hillbilly people don't shop in stores like these.  No sir 'ree.  Boutique after boutique of adorable things.  I will just say it would be trouble if I lived there.  I got this ADORABLE little "K" tear drop necklace that I LOVE.  For $15!  At least they have hillbilly prices.  I'll take that any day.





This was the day I got my jumper.  I just can't say that word without picturing a diaper bulge and the smell of baby powder.  Anyways ... moving right along.  That night we went to the fantastic restaurant that was the maker of the Bang Bang Shrimp and Winter White Cosmo that I posted yesterday.  If you are ever in Little Rock, you must visit Bonefish.  AH-MAZING.  Here's a few pictures of all the girls at dinner (well, one's right before with sweet little Jackers WHOSE birfday is the same day as my MOH's, happy late birfday little Jackers!) ...





(Well hello black bra, aren't you nice to join us ...you too winter whites.)



(I took this pic.  Look at them photography skillz ...)









Not sure why I have chubby-cheek syndrome in all these pics.  Maybe cause I did some hard-core eating/snacking/munching/possibly storing food for the winter, all weekend ... I don't know, just a hunch ...


(And this is the "after party" at sweet Amanda's house.  There was a little dancin', a little stompin' on people's feet on accident, don't ask, and other such shenanagins goin' on.  It was a fun night with some FUN new friends.  Nice job ladies, you've successfully accomplished ridding me of my hatred for LR)


It was SUCH a fun weekend to celebrate my MOH, have fun with the girls and act silly.  I will tell you one thing.  I sure did miss that little mister of mine.  He's my favorite.

Happy "Middle-of-the-Week" Day my sweet friends!  Make it a good one!!!


6 comments:

  1. OH you girls are so pretty...a pretty sea of blonde beauties, I think you need a brown girl in your mix! ;) Love the new necklace, I heart dainty little things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't little rock just amazing?! I would move there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute little bunch you ladies are. looks like fun times for sure. how was that cake? i don't even like cake but it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you girlies had fun! Love your jumper... I saw it at Francesca's!!! Love that store! Cake looks yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmm....2 things:

    1. i LOVE that little necklace you found. so pretty and SUCH a steal!

    2. you are pretty. you look absolutely gorgeous in these pictures. LOVE your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/28/2010

    I think Little Rock is great! I've only gone for weddings, but I think it's beautiful! And there is no traffic.

    ReplyDelete