Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Birfday Palooza Update ...

Hewwo friends.  I hope this Monday finds you all filled up from a weekend full of family, friends, fun & relaxing (not to mention eating too much, staying out too late and possibly sleeping in ...) We spent the WHOLE weekend celebrating my Mister's birfday (much to his dismay)  That's right, THAT'S my husband, "man who likes no attention drawn to him" guy.  Right here.  Maybe that's why he fell for me, because I am SO completely the opposite.  You wanna celebrate my birfday for 2 months?  Go right ahead.  Take me out to numerous birfday dinners?  Well, if you insist!  Get me more than a ridiculous amount of presents?  Pshhhhhhh, I GUESS so, if you FEEL so inclined.  Not my Mister.  But I think he liked all his gifts.  And maybe a LITTLE of the fussing over him?  Probably not, but a wife can hope.  Don't worry that among his gifts included a coffee pot and a robe.  Yep.  We're both 60 year olds trapped in 29 year old's bodies and we AIN'T AFFEARED TO SAY IT.  Um, did I mention I'm from Texas?  Pardon me, sometimes "East Texas Roots Katie" slips out.  Please ignore the hickish girl with a strong accent in overalls and a piece of straw in her mouth, in fact, play like she's not even here.  All that incessant rambling being said, here's a little visual of what the Mister's birfdaypalooza looked like ...


{Friday night before going here, for a fantabulous steak fried asparagus, skillet potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach, chocolate mousse cake & cinnamon/banana creme brulee so much food I could barely breathe dinner}




{With my brother Will who's way huger than me, dumbo (me) holding the camera case, eye sore Kate, EYE SORE!}


{My Mister enjoying his quadruple, tons of chocolatey ooey gooey goodness, chocolate mousse cake}


And then, onto evening #2 at Mi Cocina ...


{The twinyearolds (they're 10, they're twins, get it?) and their big sister}




{Da loot.}


{MMMMMM chocolatey goodness ...}


 And that's it for the birfdaypalooza.  We had us a good time.  NOW, just ABOUT a month and a half until it's MY turn.  Y'all just get REEEAAAADDDY (as in, to rumble) for the way I EAT that bidness UP!

On another completely unrelated and random note, don't forget about my Giveaway!  It closes at 10PM Thursday (yes, April Fools Day, and no, it's not a joke) night and the winner will be announced on Friday, April 2nd.  Good luck loverlies!!!

{P dittle S - Click the HUGE WORD Giveaway up there for info on how to enter.}


17 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! Glad y'all had a nice weekend :) That chocolate mousse cake looks ahhh-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Hubby! He has a great smile!! Looks like you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous weekend was had by all...not just your Mister! I love a birthday celebration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! Love the pictures, looks like you and your Mister had a great time (: & ate a tonnnn of food!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY! Ran into your bro in Houston! Fun to see him! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3/29/2010

    looks like a great weekend! Happy birthday to your Mister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yaaay! Looks like you guys had a FABULOUS time celebrating the Mister's Birfday! Then again, though, I'm not surprised!! Ive pretty much decided I'm moving to Texas so that we can hang out all the freaking time! :)

    Loooooove you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3/29/2010

    Yay!!! Looks liek you guys had a GREAT birthday weekend!!!Love your cute pictures.......I have to say yall are the cutest couple ever!!!!! Have a good day sweet girl! Join in on my motivational monday sometime!!!:)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great celebration for your mister! i love his smile in the photo of you two :) and your outfit! is that a dress? love it!!!

    the cake looks YUMMY!!!

    totally off to check out the giveaway katie!!! xoxo cos you always have THE best ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had yourself a good time. (: You all look great.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAaw Happy Birthday to the hubs. So sounds like you can start celebrating yours now!!!! PS love that grey striped number you're wearing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to your hubby, we share the same birthday weekend!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3/31/2010

    Great photos! Glad y'all had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete