Friday, April 23, 2010

Favorite Friday, Remembering Loved Ones & Happy 5 Year Anniversary!

Today is, of course ...

Favorite Fridays

And TODAY'S topic is ...

FavoriteHome Decor Blog and mine is a COMPLETE no brainer, it would be NONE OTHER than my darling friend, blog designer and the fantastically talented Fabulous K!




If you don't ALREADY read/obsess over/stalk her blog, you will want to add it to your list PRONTO and if you ever are looking to spice up your blog look with a LOT of fabuloucity, well then head on over to her design blog, Fabulous K Creative.  I mean seriously, there's nothing this girl can't do.  AND she's an awesome friend, ifIdosaysomyself.

Next, even though this is our anniversary and a happy day to celebrate, I have to share with y'all something else that will always be on my mind as of 2 years ago to this day.  My mom's oldest sister, my Mama's first born, was very sick with cancer for several years.  Two years ago, very early on the morning of our annivesary, my aunt Sharron lost her battle with cancer.  All her family was with her, she died at home, but it was still very hard to see someone we cared about so much in so much excruciating pain.  She was such a fun, encouraging woman, and she always made me feel like I could do anything or be anyone.


{Aunt Sharron with her son Mikey on his wedding day}


Then, unexpectedly, my Papa (my dad's father) passed away the same morning.  Papa was absolutely a shock.  He wasn't even sick (granted he was older, but hadn't been in the hospital or really had any signs of this happening) he went to the hospital for some tests on some problems he was having while sleeping and died from a massive heart attack in his hospital room.  My Papa called me his Princess.  I will never forget when I was little, he took me on a Valentine's date, told me to get all dressed up and that we were going to Neiman's Tea Room for lunch and then proceeded to buy me the most beautiful dress and anything else my heart desired that day.  It was a day I will never forget.  Papa was my last grandpa.  I lost my sweet Papaw a few years before and ever since, when I see a darling old man, I have this uncontrollable urge to hug them and ask if I can "adopt" them as my grandpa.


{Me and my Papa at my Brother and Silly's rehearsal dinner}

Matt has had to be out of town on a client every year for our anniversary except this year.  So this was exceptionally hard not having him with me, but I have a very large family who was all supporting each other.  I love you Sharron and Papa and I miss you dearly.  But I know you're celebrating YOUR most precious anniversary with the Lord in Heaven, of the day you went to be with Him.

That all being said, I am just going to PICTURE SATURATE in honor of our last 5 years together.  These are in no particular order, just ones I like of us.  Happy Anniversary to my Mister.  My love, my best friend, my soulmate, my everything.  I love you sugar.























































And here's ONE last wedding picture for the week.  Happy Weekend LOVES!!!  Hopefully I'll have pictures of THIS anniversary for you next week, we'll see if the Mister cooperates ...



25 comments:

  1. Happy 5th ANNIVERSARY!! Ya'll are the cutest couple EVER! Can I just say girlie you have more hair styles than any person I have ever seen in my life ha! ha! Oh and you look so cute in every one of them!

    Hope you have the bestest anniversary
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a precious pic of you and your papa!! I lost both of my grandfathers when I was in high school, so I totally understand the adopting grandfather thing!!

    love all the pics and love your wedding dress!! :)

    Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary!!! I love the one with your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good looking couple :-)

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, sweet girl! I absolutely adore your long hair and bangs. Fabulous! have a great weekend celebrating your anny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT PHOTOS, Fulmer!! I am obsessing over the elevator photo! How cute!!!

    Happy Anniversary darling friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happppppy 5th year anniversary!! I hope that you and your hubs have the most fantabulous weekend together =0) and that you get one of those glorious gifts we were chatting about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all of the pictures of you two...you guys are the cutest!! happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any grandpas left either :(

    Happy Anniversary! Loved looking at all your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you and your hubs are HOT! yall will have gorg kids one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary pretty!! Beautiful pictures as always (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so stinking cute together! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary. Enjoy this very very very special anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary!

    Y'all are such a beautiful couple! Have a fabulous weekend celebrating!

    P.S. I am going to have to check fabulous k---I need a blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary, my dear!!

    I know that it is a special day for you for so many reasons and I just wanted to remind you that I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy anniversary to you two!!! SUCH fun pics of you two :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous4/23/2010

    Hey girl! I love all of your pictures!!!! Y'all have to be one of the cutest couples Ive ever seen!!:) And I love all of your different hair styles!!! You look gorgeous in ALL of them!! Hope you have a great weekend! HAppy Anniversary to you two!!!!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy anniversaray fulmers! :) love all the pics of your love life! :) enjoy your weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Y'all are the cutest couple! What great pics!! Happy Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy anniversary! Loved looking at the pictures of y'all through the years :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet post; Happy 5th Anniversary to you and your Mister, darling! Hope you have a wonderful night :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very touching and nice post! Happy Anniversary!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary!

    Very nice post, made me smile! Especially the story about your Papa :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary! You both have perfect smiles :)

    ReplyDelete