Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Schmonday ...

Seriously.  I think the Monday after a Sunday holiday should be a REQUIRED day off.  Can I get an amen here sisters?  I don't know about y'all, but our Easters include a lot of driving around and hob-knobbing with the relatives (and don't get me wrong, I love) which for SOME reason makes. me. EXHAUSTED.  If chitty chatting was an Olympic sport I'd gold medal in it on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas for reals.  Anyways, now really, if we don't get Good Friday off I think we should AT LEAST get the Monday after Easter off.  What happened to the good ol' days of elementary school where you got BOTH days off???  So all that whining's to say.  I'm sweepy.  Especially having this cute little love smash a confetti Easter egg in my hair.  She looks so innocent doesn't she?  She's lucky she's so cute.  And that she's my sister.


{No that's not this weekend, that was last summer when I was oh-so-tan}


Did everyone have a Happy Easter?  I by the grace of God after longer shopping that anyone should ever be forced to do FINALLY found an Easter dress that was both comfortable AND cute.  Which, of course, I don't have a picture of.  But I DO, however, have a picture of my adorable wedges that I got to go WITH the Easter dress (yes, my Easter dress had black in it, no I wasn't in mourning, yes I realize you're supposed to dress in all pastels on Easter, no I don't care)




Aren't they SUPER DUPER cute???  And I wasn't even taller than my mister, even though the heel does look about 6 inches high.  I'm pretty sure it was only 3 1/2, MAYBE 4.  And I DID snap a pic of my necklace.  I know.  Black again.  At least it's flowers, that's Eastery right?  I promise my dress had bright pops of floral color ALL over it.




Which brings me to my next point, that point being that I am OBSESSED with these cloth flower and ribbon necklaces!!!  Here are a few of my fav's.  If any of you feel the need to buy and send me these, you just gorightahead.










I just LOVE how flirty and girly they are.  Hearty heart heart HEART!!!

Now, in other other news.  Sweet miss Aly over at AnALYze This left me this sweet award.  Thanks sweet girl!!!  If you haven't checked out her blog you should because she's a doll.




And that's all from this blogger for today loves.  I hope y'all had a fantastic Easter weekend.  Here's to this week FLYING by!!!


23 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more on getting either of those days off (it's totally needed)..oh the joys of being an adult.

    GIRL I LOVE YOUR SHOES!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/05/2010

    I have today off :)

    Those shoes and necklaces are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you girly peeps who work should so get the Monday after Easter off to recoup! That is funny your sis smashed a confetti easter egg in your hair....that's the age they can do it and sooo have the cuteness to back them up LOL....she's a doll! I love those wedges....sigh....I wish my legs worked better so that I could wear them....just walk around extra in them for me mmmmkkkk.....I heart those necklaces....I bet you totally rocked yours.....
    Glad you had a fab Easter deary.....

    Have a fab day pretty girl.....
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the necklaces and am sad that you did not take a pic of your dress cause I am sure it was pretty like you, missy!

    My Easter was good...went to the village with Robbie and LOVED it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN to that!!!

    Especially since on my calender, it actually SAYS "Easter Monday"!!! Work and school closing should be mandatory!

    Aww, such a cute picture of you and your sis. :)

    Happy Monday! (even though we weren't off!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with all of those necklaces!! Love them!! And YES, I firmly agree that we should have the day after a holiday OFF. :) I think I could have slept until Ellen today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those necklaces are adorable.. I bet you could make one... I think you are pretty crafty, right?? I am exhausted too, any Holiday wears me out!! oh and I always wear black for Easter actually I always wear black anywhere..lol, it makes you look skinnier..lol. Glad you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those necklaces too - which is why I have been making them to sell in my etsy shop - obviously I make them for myself too ;) So fun and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those necklaces look great!!! I really wish we could get those days off too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. umm. . .don't worry. . . I wasn't thinking and wore a BLACK DRESS to easter lunch. . . nice, right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE those necklaces!! i want one!
    where did you get your shoes? i love them as well!!
    i'm sure you looked adorable!
    glad you had a wonderful easter girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4/05/2010

    I bet you could make those necklaces!!! I adore them!! They are pretty!! Hope you had a great easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving all those necklaces...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4/05/2010

    I LOVE those wedges, where are they from? So cute!

    I wore a dress with black in it too, I hate dressing like an easter egg even if pastels are the required attire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the necklaces too~ I am going to have to get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We had an amazing Easter as well. I couldn't agree more - all the company and time spent with family leaves me exhausted. I could really use Monday off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those shoes are AMAZING!! And the necklaces are adorable as well, I just always buy stuff like that and wonder if I have worn the right outfit for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally agree with you: Monday and Friday should have been a holiday; today especially. Love the shoes and necklaces...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable, loving the flower necklaces.!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the shoes! Glad you had a happe Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love love the wedges!
    this year we nixed all the running around and only went to ONE place. it was like heaven. not as much recovery needed. :)

    ReplyDelete