Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thoughtless Thursday: Baby Style

First off, in the words of Dido, I want to THANK YOU for making yesterday so special!  My face lit up with smiles every time I heard the little "you've got mail" indicator on my iPhone notifying me of one of my LOVERLY readers wishing me congrats and well wishes.  So thank you ALL, you sure do know how to make one naseous pregnant girl's day!


Next, for this ...

Photobucket


It's going to be a LITTLE less Thoughtless, but still with a few pictures as I tell you how the first couple days of my pregnancy went.  So to answer many people's questions, yes we were trying.  SO of course I was jazzed to take a pregnancy test our 2nd month of trying (2 days before my "monthly gift" was to arrive) and I did so without the Mister knowing.  I snuck into the bathroom, assumed the "tinkle on a stick" stance and waited.  Pretty quickly there LOOKED to be a slight second line making the result, what I THOUGHT was a plus.


{Pardon the iPhone quality, I thought getting the big fancy camera out MIGHT draw some attention.}


I wasn't quite sure and didn't want to get the Mister all excited about something if there wasn't real cause to.  So I went to work thinking the whole way "No.  There's no way.  You've always thought you're going to have a hard time.  There's no way on month 2 that you're pregnant.  Surely that's a fluke."  Once I got to work I told my boss (who just had a baby, tried for 3 years to get pregnant and knows a thing or 2 about pregnancy tests) what happened and showed her a picture of the test.  She said it LOOKED positive but if I wanted to be SURE I needed to go get a digital test that said flat out, Pregnant or Not Pregnant.  So, at 9am, an hour after I got to work, I excused myself to run to CVS and get one of these "fool proof" tests.  I then had a little more one-on-one time with said pregnancy test in my office bathroom and waited.  And waited.  How on EARTH can 3 minutes take so long?  Meanwhile there is a little hour glass that just keeps flipping itself upside down, kinda like when you mouse pointer is "thinking" about something.  UGH, hurry UP already!  And finally ... 




I'm pretty sure my heart leapt into my chest at that very moment.  Really?  REALLYMEI'M pregnant?  Is this a joke?  Where's the hidden camera?  So then I proceeded to have the smallest, quietest happy dance in the bathroom all the while my eyes tearing up.  And then I realized I had to wait.  All day.  I couldn't tell the Mister on the phone or through email or text.  It had to be special.  My original plan was to find a cute t-shirt for Koda (the Mister HATES clothes on dogs so I knew this would catch his attention) that said "Big Brother".  But the one I had found before was no where to be found.  So, on my lunch break, I went to Target and got the frame below.




And had it sitting on our bar area that faces the door so it would be the first thing he'd see when he came home.  Now if waiting ALL DAY wasn't bad enough, this was during the time the Mister was very busy with a client and having to work until 9 or 10 every night.  I emailed him and said "Hey do you think you could get home a little earlier tonight?  I got you a suprise on our drive home from San Antonio." and he said sure.  So I get home, with all the excitement of a 6 month old Lab puppy and wait.   And wait ... and wait ... this was apparently the theme for the day (and of the first trimester of pregnancy I might add) and FINALLY 9:30 rolls around and I get a call saying he's coming home.  I hear the garage open and I literally thought I might wet my pants (hey, it happens when you're pregnant).  As soon as he opened the door I pointed (like he couldn't see it right in front of his face) and said "there's your surprise!" and he lit up and he got the cutest goofy smile on his face.  All he kept saying was "No way.  Really?  That's so cool!  No WAY.  REALLY?  That's SO COOL!"  and then he got a little teary eyed (sorry sugar, not trying to take your man card) and we had our little "we're going to be parents" moment, which was promptly followed by our little "HOLY COW we're going to be PARENTS" moment of partial freak out.  Which still sometimes pops in my head.  I'm going to be responsible for nourishing this baby for the next 7 months!  I'm going to be in charge of raising a human BEING.  A puppy I can do.  You just pet him, feed him, let him out to potty and he's good to go.  A CHILD is a different story.  It will depend on us, US, for everything.  For a LONG TIMEEEEEK!  But I know the Lord will take care of all that.  If He trusted us enough with a child, surely He'll tell us what to do with it, right?  Plus, I've had a LITTLE bit of practice with the twins (my brother and sister that my mom had when I was 18 for you new readers), which eases my fears a bit.

So that's it for today.  Tomorrow I'll tell you how we told our parents.  I can't TELL you how happy I am the cat's out of the diaper bag because this was NOT easy to keep to myself!  Just a few things, remember (if you've read for awhile) the Temptation Tuesday where I went nursery crazy?  That was the day I found out.  Sneaky eh?  And our anniversary?  Didn't hear much about our "fancy dinner" did you?  That's because we ate pizza (per my request), in my Mister's truck on our way to meet our friends to go out because I am/was so naseous that I can't stomach anything other than bread, i.e. I eat like a 4 year old.  I didn't feel like paying $35 for a steak I was going to either eat 3 bites of or upchuck 10 minutes later made a whole lotta sense. 

Yes, this Thoughtless Thursday wasn't so "Thoughtless" but like I've said before, no 'spalin or lots of 'splain with your picture choices.  Your choice.  Today I chose lots of.  So grab the button and play along, then come back here and link up!  Have a great day sweets!!!



34 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I'm all giddy here at work reading this!! :) I will be flooding your email with all these cute baby/maternity clothing boutiques...because I am weird and look at this stuff all the time....and I have no children, nor am I with child...just preparing myself...But I shouldn't get ahead of myself, this stuff will be "so yesterday" when I have babies in like 30 years! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how freakin' cute! Love it. I can only imagine how excited yall were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you said you let the cat out of the diaper bag! So funny. I am so excited to share all of this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love this story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was almost crying reading this! I am a sap for babies. I cry every afternoon watching A Baby Story! Now you have to start posting pictures of your belly so we can see you grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww.....what a sweet story! Loved the way you told him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Hun! What a cute way to tell the Hubby! i can't wait to read along with your pregnancy!! Oh I also friend requested you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm i was at Buy Buy Baby near the galleria yesterday buying baby gifts for the 30 zillion people I know about to pop and let me tell you...YOU HAVE TO REGISTER THERE! The stuff is precious! Sooooo excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you told him!! So very cute!! I'm so excited and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that is so freakin cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE hearing stories like this! YAY! So exciting!! So, we have a similar story, I always thought it would take us FOREVER to get pregnant and ours worked on the first try, lol.. and whoa, my mom had my younger brother when I was 17!! How crazy.. Wow.. the more and more I read of your posts, I keep thinking our lives are so much alike! Still so very excited for you! Such a lucky baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww that is so cute!! congrats congrats congrats!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - How cute are you for sharing the big news that way AND for leaving such an awesome comment on my blog?

    Love what I'm seeing so far - you just got yourself a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww I love it! Can't wait to read about how you told y'alls parents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww, what an adorbale way to tell him - and so sneaky about the nursery temptation tuesday!! I can't imagine how hard it is to keep that secret!! I can tell already I am going to be living vicariously through you during your pregnancy!! :) you two are so blessed!! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable story, and such a great way to break the news!! I want to be a mom soo bad, I can't wait until I have a test that says "Pregnant" haha... (though I should probably find a guy first, huh? :p)

    So so sooo happy for you both, best wishes to your growing family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, how exciting!! I loved this story of how you told your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to tell him! I can't wait to hear how you told the parents (: You are going to be an amazing Mom pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Congratulations! I just saw you from Aly's blog! Love your blog...Im a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a sweet story! Congrats to you both!! I love how you told him- so cute! You are going to be a great mom! ( : Can't wait to hear how you told your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! And I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute story! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awe, that is the cutest idea ever. I love the dog shirt idea, but the frame totally has the same effect.! I am so excited for you two.! I wish you the best of luck during your pregnancy.!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a cute post! I was smiling the whole time...such an exciting time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your post! It is kindling to my baby fire! We are trying right now too so I am ready for that day I get a big fat pregnant on a test!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't believe you were able to wait all day!! You are good!! So excited for you and your mister, it really is a blessing and God doesn't bless you with something you can't handle!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats! Love how you told your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This make my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats! I am so happy for you guys, and love the entire story! Can't wait to follow your journey into motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH. MY. GOSH!!!! I JUST SAW THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! AND YES I REMEMBER YOU BLOGGING ABOUT THOSE CUTE NURSERY PICS...I SHOULDVE KNOWN THEN HAHA!

    WELL I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU....ITS THE BEST THING EVER!!! YOUVE NEVER KNOWN SUCH AN AMAZING LOVE!!! GOSH THIS IS SO EXCITING!! YAYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a sweet story and I love how you told your hubby! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ahhh I loved reading this!!!!

    ReplyDelete