Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wishful Wednesday ...

It's time for ...


... again ladies (and my Mister).  And today's topic IS ...

I 'WISH' .... I had the willpower to stay on one particular diet, and it would be the ALMOST carb-less diet I was AWESOME about being on up until my wedding!

... and then I promptly went on my honeymoon and ate my weight in bread gained 20 lbs a little bit due to depriving myself for the past 4 years such a long time.  This "diet" is what achieved me being in this shape ...


{Disclaimer:  Please don't comment "Oh you looked SO good!" or "Man you used to be so skinny!" or "Wow that doesn't look like you."  Because I will hunt you down and hurt you.  I know I used to be "so skinny".  No need to rub it in.  Schanks.}


{mini-me in the middle at my bachelorette party in Vegas}

{mini-me at my lingerie shower given to me by my bridesmaids}


{mini-me opening presents at my lingerie shower}




And mind you, all these pictures were taken BEFORE I went on my psychotic, drill sargeantesque "it's 1 1/2 weeks before my wedding, I want to be even SKINNER" diet and lost 12 lbs.  Yes, you read that right 12 LBS in a week and a half.  And yes, I ate.  Low carb EVERYTHING and ran 2 miles every night.  Crazy.  CRAZY I tell you!  But hey, it worked.  And like I said, I may or may NOT have gained those 12 lbs back on my honeymoon.  HELLO free breakfast buffet.  Carb LOAD.  Except I wasn't training for any sort of marathon.  More like a carb-a-thon.

SO what diet do you wish YOU had the willpower to stay on?  Head over to Kelsey's darling little blog, grab her button, do a little posty-postin' of your own and go back and tell her about it!  Mmmmmk?

Happy Wednesday loves, the week's half over!!!


21 comments:

  1. Your so presh....Love the pics! Have a great day girly
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh! You are a skinny mini in these pics! That is some crazy will power!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures (: You look great no matter what so shush to anyone who says different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh the pre-wedding diets. They are such a scam because after the wedding is over and you're so "happy", everything goes downhill. And yes, I think I gained about 30 pounds on my honeymoon, too. All we did was EAT! Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i had the willpower I wouldnt eat carbs but id probably die cause I eat so much now...hahaha. You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been able to stick to a diet. The only diet that worked for me was my divorce! I lost 20 lbs on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also did the low carb diet. I had 20 carbs a day and I lost 50 lbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog through WW, super cute, you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I did something like that my freshman year of college I told myself I couldn't gain that freshman 15. I think I like my 'healthy' look now and not that skinny-mini me and the same goes for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY MOLY!!!! 12 pounds is crazy... well I think you look great now =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost chocked when seeing you lost 12 pounds in a week and a half haha! You must have gotten wasted at your wedding (no eating and any amount of alcohol does NOT mix well) haha! I can see how this "diet" would NOT be easy to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too cute!! Thanks for sharing if a wedding day ever comes for me then I will have to remember the low card thing... it will be hard because I love pasta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were beautiful then and are just as beautiful, if not more, now pretty lady! Hey! You have an anniversary coming up! YIPPEE!! 5 years! We'll be the big 5 in September! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved, loved, loved my wedding/lingerie showers! Even though that time was super stressful, I wish I could go back and relive that part. It was nice to be princess for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You crack me up! I swear I am right there next to you as you write, and that's why I love you! You are gorgeous now and beautiful then, but I totally know what you mean since I have been there. I would love to be able to cut carbs out all together, but I don't think I ever EVER ever could. So I will try to be smarter with carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are adorable in ALL your photos! I've tried to the carb-less diets a few times, mainly before my wedding too, but I end up stuffing my face with desserts ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL I love that you can look at yourself and laugh at how silly that was "mini-me"! You are so gorgeous now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha....didnt we ALL have the will-power before our weddings?!? oh those were the days!
    I WISH that I could be on a carb-a-thon diet and NOT gain wieght! How come some skinny b's can just eat and eat?! Life isnt fair :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I'm lovin it!
    I think we alll fasted for that WEDDING moment!!!!!
    You look GREAT then and NOW!
    We alll deserve to be our skinnnnnnnnniest on the BIG wedding day!
    I'm trying to stick to WWatchers!
    I like my oatmeal and jiffy Pop 98% ff popcorn too much to go low carb....but I know it works!
    Gotta get off this computer and workout!
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I would die if I went carbless.

    I did the insane diet before my wedding too. Except it was totally unintentional. Way too much family stress, a ridiculously high maintenance MOH, law school finals = 8lbs off. Oopies!

    ReplyDelete