Friday, May 14, 2010

Favorite Friday & Happy Birfday Weekend to ME!

First off, a little ...

Favorite Fridays

to get the Friday party train goin'!  WOO WOO!  Oh, I'm so excited it's Friday, which I'm SURE y'all are too!  AND this weekend is my birfday weekend and my Soulmatey's Wedding Weekend!!!  But more about those later.  Today's favorite Friday topic IS ...

Favorite R&B Singer!

Now I'm going to go throw-back on y'all.  I just have to.  Because my favorite type of music is ALREADY 80s and early 90s.  So, for this Favorite Friday I have two.  They are ...




Sing it with me ...

"Boyz II Men
Boyz II Men
Boyz II Men
Boyz II Men
Boyz, Boyz, Boyz
Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD
(Mm-hmm)"

Totally made up about 15 dances in middle school to this and several other songs on the Cooleyhighharmony album.  Don't worry, it came out in 1993.  And I still love it.

Also, and this one's still relevant but I started liking her WAY back in the 90s when she came out with Real Love.




Love me some Mary J.  ...

"Real love, I'm searchin' for a real love
Someone to set my heart free
Real love, IIIIII'MMMM searchin' for a real love
I got. to have. a real love"

So there you have it, even though I have a TON more, like New Edition, Babyface, Whitney Houston (HELLO), Color Me Badd (don't hate) and the list goes on and on ...

Now, since I've notsomuch been awesome at posting a lot of youngster pictures for my birf month, and since this is my birfday weekend n' all (I'll recap about that Monday of COURSE), I'm going to leave you this LOVERLY Friday with more than just one youngster picture.  I apologize that every time I find some pictures they're all from the same age, but that's just what we got.  I have no idea how old I am in these pictures, but APPARENTLY my mom thought I was a model with the amount of professional pictures she had taken of me.  Or maybe it was just first child syndrome.  I'm thinking it was the latter because I can totally see myself doing the same thing.  Oh and the one of me holding the little pudgy bundle of joy, that's Claytonious, or Clay, my little brudder.  Oh and please ignore my hair color, I've always been a NATURAL blonde, I just apparently must have loved dying my hair that lovely dishwater blonde/brown hair color when I was a kid (she says as her nose starts to grow) ...


{I look a little TOO angelic in this pic.  I'm guessing I just stole someone's cookie ...}


{Mewwy Christmas!}


 {A girl always needs a red see-through visor.}


{Pudgy little Clayton.  SUCH a cute baby!}


{And this is what I'll look like this weekend.  Except 25 years older and MAYBE 2 inches taller.  I'm kidding, but not much ...}


And a VERY Happy Wedding Day TOMORROW to my Soulmatey and DGC!!!  If you haven't already sent her well wishes on her blog, run over and do so NOW!!!  LOVES YOU SOULMATEY!!!


{Aren't they just the cutest?  I think so!  They're going to be Mr. and Mrs. by this time Sunday!}


Happy weekend dolls!  Be safe and make it a good one!!!





26 comments:

  1. omg LOooooovvved B2M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motown Philly is one of the greatest songs of all time... but only when Stephanie Tanner dances to it.

    Happy birthday weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Weekend! you are adorable NOW and were then too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Weekend!!! I'm singing "Go girl...it's your birthday..." (I forget who sings it...some rapper) Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! :)

    P.S. I LOVE your red see through visor...such a staple in any wardrobe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!!

    Such cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday!!! :)


    I love me some B2M and wouldn't you know that Mary J was my pick, she's one of my all time faves.

    Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chad sang "Ill make love to you" at my birthday party karaoke. It was amazing. Your pics are precious and I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!I hope you have a fantastic one...cant wait to hear about it on monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um hello Color Me Badd was my 1st concert and I totally even still remember a dance I made up to I wanna Sex You Up.. Hello I was like 10? Really mom? Love your choices they are all on my workout playlist, esp Boys II Men Motownphilly!

    AND..

    Happy Birthday To You!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved me some Boys II Men. They would always play those songs at the dances, and Celine Dion's song, "The Reason."

    Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    I too love Boys II Men and Mary J. I crank Real Love everytime it comes on my ipod!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures. You were a cute kid! Happy Birthday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to love me some Boyz II Men! :) Love all the pictures, happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That visor is seriously crackin' me up! Have a great b-day weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally agree on the R&B singers!! Love the pictures, hope you have a happy happy birthday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday weekend girlie! I seriously loved me some Boyz II Men growing up, so much so that I ha The End Of The Road playing on my answering machine in Jr. High and then I would be like hi this is Summer leave a message (on my private line) I thought I was cool like that...what a dork I was LOL....

    Those pics of you are just presh!

    How fun spending your 1st b-day with your little one....love it...

    xoxo
    Summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww happy birthday!!! The last one as a childless couple! lol. Too bad you can't have a drink :( I love the pictures! Gotta love moms that snap every single childhood moment, haha, I am sure we will be the same! My hubs also loves old school R&B.. and always wants me to guess the singers and stuff, it's so annoying! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday weekend! You were such a cute little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i still love boyz II men! i was just talking about them the other day. remember how the guy with the deep voice would talk in the middle of the song. "baby...i know we've gone to end of the road but..." REMEMBER?! OMG i loved it! he was my favorite.

    i liked mary j too but not anymore. i dunno she's too meh now.

    LOVE all your baby pics. too cute! congrats on your soulmatey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH and...

    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for Boyz II Men; seriously I think they were my first CD! Happy Happy Birthday weekend to you my lovely lady! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous5/15/2010

    happy birthday weeknd Pretty girl!! HAve a great one!!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those pics of you, especially the one with the visor! (: Hope you have a fun bday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday! The pictures are too cute but I loved the captions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1. motown philly might be one of my fave songs ever
    2. Happy Birthday weekend (1 more day til the real day right?)
    3. FUN pictures :)

    ReplyDelete