Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thoughtless Thursday and Yes - I AM Alive!

I know, I know.  Two days in the grand scheme of things isn't a long time BUT it's a long time for me to go without blogging!  And I kinda (not really) have an excuse.  Well Tuesday I'm not sure what happened to tell you the truth.  I'm pretty sure that was just straight laziness.  But yesterday I actually did have an excuse.  My mom and I started a Beth Moore Bible study on Wednesday mornings at 9:30 and yesterday was the first one.  There t'aint NO WAY I was going to be a-bloggin' before that, especially when I had to get up to shower (which, again, I don't even know why I do anymore since I proceeded to sweat all the way through Bible study) and then after that I had plans to meet my MOH and sweet little P and have lunch and hang out together.  THEN I ran home, cleaned (part of) our house and went to meet some girlfriends at the dollar theater to see Eclipse.  Yes I just said Eclipse.  And yes your count is correct, that would be my 4th time.  Can we just talk about how I was a LITTLE disturbed by all the random MEN in the theater?  And I don't mean guys dragged there with their girlfriends.  I mean grown men, BY THEMSELVES, going to see Eclipse.  Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?  Cause I sure do ...

Okay, but on to my actual legitimate excuse, which I think just became illegitimate considering I just told you how I spent my day running around being busy, but here it is.  I'm also "sick".  And by "sick" I mean my allergies are sucking something BIG TIME.  As in sore throat, sneezing, stuffy nose, just down right ANNOYING!  I know it's allergies because I don't have a fever and by all other measures feel just fine, until the symptoms decide to buddy up and become friends making my head a big groggy, stuffy mess.  Then I feel like I need to lay down and not get up until this baby gets here.  So, for now, I'm trying to do as my sweet Mister is so sweetly demanding suggests and drink lots of fluids (i.e. water which is NOT my favorite), rest and "rake 'er reasy Gus-Gus"!  And if you can name what movie that's from I will love you forever.  See, can you tell I don't feel well?  I'm not making much sense right now.  I DO have something fun to discuss for TT though ...

Photobucket

Now y'all know about my Soulmatey.  My online bestie that I've never actually met in real life but feel like I have known her forever.  We met through reading each other's blogs and starting email fests that might as well been real time conversations.  Then we decided "We both have gmail, why don't we chat?" which moved to "We both have cell phones, why don't we text?" which, on Tuesday turned to "We both have voices, why don't we USE them?"  That's right friends, my Soulmatey and I had our first phone date on Tuesday.  And don't worry that it ended up lasting over an hour.  I was a little nervous thinking "What if she doesn't like my voice?  What if I say something stupid that I can't "backspace" like I could in a text?  What if I'm BORING in real life!?!?"  Thinking all these things, you'd think talking on the phone to someone who's voice you've never heard or face you've never seen (in person that is, I've seen plenty of pictures) would be akward.  Truthfully?  Not. one. bit.  As well it shouldn't be, we've been texting/emailing and/or gchatting for ove 8 months now!  And HOPEFULLY we'll have some pictures to post of ourselves TOGETHER as my baby shower is coming up and if everything works out, we'll get to meet in person that weekend.  Now some of you (ahem, my Mister and every other person in my life) may think this is weird.  Or crazy.  Or dangerous (and let me just confirm that after hearing her voice on Tuesday, she is DEFINATELY not a dirty 40 year old man behind a cute blog exterior)  And truthfully, in most situations I would too.  It's not like this is something that happens on an ordinary basis.  But I say a friend is a friend is a friend.  Sometimes you just meet them under different circumstances.  And this is one circumstance I'm very VERY thankful for.  I love you Soulmatey!

One a note of complete randomness (keeping with the theme of TT of course) I thought you should look at the cuteness that I had to cuddle with last night ...


{All cuddled up with the pillows on the couch ...}


Now, last but certainly not least, just to bring you up to speed with what's been going on with us lately, THE MISTER GOT A NEW JOB!  I will post more about this tomorrow but all I can say is this is something that has been a long time coming as he's been working at a large accounting firm for some time now and by working I mean, TO THE BONE and has needed to find something else for his own sanity and a lot of the time, health.  Needless to say we are THRILLED and I couldn't be happier for him.  Congratulations sugar I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

That's it from me today (not that you didn't get more than an eyeful!), happy Thursday loverlies!!!



15 comments:

  1. Hope you start to feel better!

    Definitely sort of weird that there are random guys watching Eclipse by themselves...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty girl,
    Your posts always make me laugh out loud! Eclispe 4 times huh....lol....I loved that movie....I know what ya mean when we went and saw it there was like alot of guys by themselves watching it....um yeah....

    Congrats to your Mister for getting a new job Whoop Whoop....

    Yay that you and your Soul Matey got to talk on the phone....that is so funny....a really good friend I met on here and we have been texting, emailing, etc. for about a year finally had our first telephone convo Friday night, and I was worried she wouldn't like my voice or I would be boring but we talked like we knew each other forever.....it was fun....
    I always joke that I think blogging is like match.com for friends....

    Glad you had such fun few days girlie....
    Sorry I haven't commented in awhile I have been ill and trying to rest and pray my meds start working....

    Hope your allergies clear up soon....miss talking to ya
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the hubby new job!!! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Matt! I know he's been wanting a change for a while. Give him a high five for me.

    Hope you feel better soon...miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your hubby on the new job...so sorry you're an allergy sufferer...I cannot wait to see your baby shower pics!! Seriously, who would have thought a baby shower is one of the best parties of your life? My advice is to cherish every moment...Take it easy Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting you get to meet in person! I think the same thing.. Is this a man I'm talking to? Are you really not the person in your profile pic.. LOL.. when is she going to start back blogging?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for your mister getting a new job - I totally understand the whole public accounting thing (I did it for 5 years and got out in May) and how stressful it can be on both of you - here's to you guys being able to enjoy spending lots more quality time together now! And yay for you finally getting to meet your soulmatey - how fun is that?!? And btw, is she ever going to come back to the public blogging world? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't "rake 'er reasy Gus-Gus"! from Cinderella? I just know that Gus-Gus was one of the little cute mice! Oh Cinderelly!

    Happy to hear about the new job! Congrats! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bloggy bestie lives 3 hours away in Austin and Chad and I went to stay with her and her hubs for the weekend in June and we had never met IRL untill then. Chad thought it was kinda crazy but we love them and it was the best weekend. You are right a friend is a friend and sometimes you meet in different places!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!

    Your Soulmatey is a law school classmate of mine (we were even in the same 'Section' first year) and is the SWEETEST GIRL ever! So no worries there.

    In fact, I started reading your blog after she mentioned you were expecting... you're due a whole five days before me! You look amazing- you should know that this pregnant lady is super jealous of you!

    Feel better soon! It's terrible to get sick, especially when you can't take anything to make yourself feel better. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, how fun to meet a friend in real life from the bloggy world!! I'm jealous!!

    Congrats on the new job for your hubby!! That's always so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, lots of big things going on in the Fulmer household!! Congrats to your hubby on his new job, that is exciting stuff! And I so don't think it's weird you're going to meet Soulmatey IRL, I would so do that too if I thought it was going to be ok! It's not any different than online dating, and I think online dating might actually be riskier and more dangerous, so I say go for it! And then blog about it. Mkayyy?! Hope your allergies go away asap! Oh, and Dixon-monster sends Koda doggie kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better! :)

    I think it's pretty awesome you're finally going to meet Soulmatey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your hubs!!! I find that hilarious about the grown men seeing Eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for the Misters new job! And for the tele convo with your Soulmatey! Is she ever joining as back in the blogging world?!?!

    ReplyDelete