Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Re-Cap!

Morning sunshines!  Actually I should say morning cloudy skies since it looks pretty rainy here today.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I LOVE me some rainy days, especially when it brings cooler temps with it!  I hope y'all had fun and exciting weekends!  We sure did!  Like I mentioned on Friday we drove to Waco and had a fantastic time visiting our friends Kim & Brady.  Kim was a bridesmaid in our wedding and lived with me my senior + year at Baylor (I decided to go the 4 1/2 year route, looking back I wish I'd gone the 6 1/2 year route.  Anyone else miss college as much as me?) and remains one of my best friends.  OH how I miss her!  The Mister met up with someone for a few hours and Kim was still in class (she's in graduate school at BU) so I had a little time to kill.  And what better way to kill time than shopping in Spice!  They had a WALL of $2 jewelry that was actually REALLY cute so I did some of my best bargain shopping whist waiting on the Mister.   Then we went to see Kim & Brady's adorable house and meet their sweet SWEET lab Jake!  He's 7 years old and just darling.  I kinda wanted to steal him take him home so he and Koda could be best of friends but I decided I wouldn't do that to Kim.  I didn't take a lot of pictures on Friday and I was feeling particularly sweaty (what else is new) all. day. long. so they aren't the cutest (of me, of Kim they're great) but here you go ...


{Kim & I.  She runs triathalons and full marathons.  She's my hero.}


{Me with sweet Jake!  He's such a lovebug!  And sidenote, I have NO idea how I got into that position let alone got back up from it ...}


From Kim's house we went to meet up with Brady and have us some good mexican food and time with great friends.  We hated to have to leave but then headed out and back to Dallas.  On Saturday night we had a friend's 30th birfday party at this FUN place called the Meddlesome Moth.  And can I just tell you what MADE my night?  Our friend's sister (Ame) made up the menu of drinks that were being offered at the party and there was a NON-ALKIE DRINK LIST!  As in not water.  Or juice.  Or Sprite.  But drinks that actually made me feel like a grown up too!  I spent my evening sipping on Basil Lime Coolers which pretty much tasted like an awesome Mojito.  It's the little things that make your day when you're 27 1/2 weeks pregnant folks.  AND, drum roll please, I TOOK PICTURES!!!  So here are a few pics of our night ...


{My MOH & I}


{Girls group shot.  From L to R, Ame, Hilary, Amanda, MOH, me and the birfday girl, Jessie}


{Me n' the baby daddy.}


{Boys shot.  L to R, Greg, Aaron, Hootie (i.e. Chris, the birfday girl's Mister) and the Mister}


{The Mister & I with a bobble-head Hootie, let's try that again ...}


{That's better.}


And can I go ahead and toot my own horn a bit?  Cause I'm gonna.  A lot of these pictures were taken AFTER we got kicked out of the main party room because another party was coming in after us and AFTER a lot of other people had gone HOME!  Yep, preggers was out 'til 12:45 on Saturday night.  I will say one thing, it really is amusing to watch people get tipsy'er and tipsy'er as the evening goes on while you're still stone cold sober.  ESPECIALLY this group that came in after us to the little party area of the bar that we were at at the beginning of the night.  I've never seen so many cougars in my life, mixed in with skeezy older men with their hair all slicked back, wearing clothes that they probably took out of their sons closets, far and I mean FAR too much cologne and about 2 years too much extra time racked up in the tanning bed (We need a name we can call these guys like the one they gave cougars ... how about hienas?  That sounds fitting ...) and then there were the random girls that looked about my age or younger that were so drunk I'm not sure they knew what party they were stumbling into ... It was quite the people watching event to say the very least, but had a LOT of fun.

Sunday we woke up for early church (it's amazing how easy you can do that when you haven't had a few cocktails the night before) and then went to breakfast afterwards.  I officially ate my face off yesterday (between pancakes for breakfast - I hadn't had them in YEARS so I decided to splurge - and pizza for dinner, baby boy and I were CARBED OUT by last night) so today I MAY need to get out and get some excercise (smile).  That's all from me today, I'm babysitting a friend's darling 2 year old today so wish me luck!  It should be really easy, she's pretty much one of the cutest little girls ever, PLUS Pam told me it's right during her nap time when I'll be getting there.  Either way, we'll have a great time playing and being girly.  I can do that til the cows come home.  See y'all tomorrow!!!

21 comments:

  1. You are the cutest preggo! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/30/2010

    I love your blue dress! You look gorgeous! I'm so impressed you're amused with the drunkies while you're sober! I think I'd just be cranky! But, it does sound like there was some amazing people watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You = absolutely positively the cutest little lady EVER and I LOVE your blue dress on you! Hugs to you my lovely friend!! Mwah! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked so cute in that blue dress!!! Where have you been getting maternity clothes? My bff is 16 weeks preggers and she said shes having a tough time finding cute ones. I hope yall had a blast in Waco. I always had fun when I would visit friends there. I actually turned 21 in waco....thats another story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress! Your the cutest pregnant girl ever! Have fun babysitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! That color looks beautiful on you! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the cutest preggers ever!!! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if it's the dress or you because you are GLOWING and wearing that baby bump so well! I'm a new reader/ follower and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so great in that blue dress!

    I really cracked up with the caption about not being sure how you got in that position or out of it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are one pretty pretty pregnany lady! and I think we should call them hienas I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so cute!! And out til 12:45?! Go you!! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw too fun always good to catch up with old girlfriends! I totally would have taken 6 1/2 years too instead of my 4 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look adorable! Looks like you had a blast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you had a great weekend with friends! You look so pretty in the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Congrats on your little baby boy too! How fun to meet so many lovely ladies who are going through the same thing as I am right now! Gotta love the internet! You look so cute! I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having been prego twice now I can honestly say I have seen every.single.one of my friends go through the sober, buzzed, drunk, WASTED stages! It is hilarious and its even better watching people you don't know!

    Sounds like a fabulous weekend, and congrats on staying out late. its no easy task for a prego!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, aren't you the cutest pregnant person EVER! Just checking in on some of my favorite blogs, I have been away too long :) What a fun weekend, your little one will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, HOW have I never put all of these pieces together? So you went to Baylor...and you are friends with Amanda Reynolds? So were you a Chi-O? I am best friends with Amanda's cousin, Meredith. We went to A&M together and were roomies and sorority sisters. So fun how we all manage to have common friends! So glad you had so much fun! And you look amazing. Love that blue on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yaaaaaay for fun weekends!!! Yaaaaaay for blind phone dates!!!! And double yaaaaaaaaay for not being a 40 year old man!!!!! :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where do you get all your jewelry from?! I'm loving all your earrings and necklaces!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous9/02/2010

    What a fantastic weekend! I miss college so much too! The news was doing a story there and when I saw all the buildings it made me sad :( College really is the best!

    ReplyDelete