Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween from ...

The hospital!  And no, we still don't have a baby boy yet.  But yep, I'm back.  And have been since late Friday night.  Thankfully the Lord answered our prayers and held this off until the Mister was back from being out of town.  He's been traveling for the past 6 weeks to Chicago, Mon - Fri and we have had everyone praying that C waited until his daddy was back in town permanently to make his entrance in the world.  And what happens?  The NIGHT the Mister is home for good from his travelling stint, my blood pressure spikes to 145/105 and decides to stay there.  God is good and answers praryers.  Can-I-getta-amen?  SO, at about 11:45, we made the call and decided to go into labor and delivery.  They were pretty concerned about my BP levels as well and decided to keep me overnight.  Which has now turned into keeping me, more than likely, until C gets here.  Woo. hoo.  Can you tell I'm less than thrilled?  But I am glad I'm in a place where they can keep an eye on me and C and make sure everyone looks okay.  On one hand, my doctor might decide that enough is enough and induce me on Wednesday when I am officially full term and on the other, she could decide she wants to get me to 38/39 weeks and I'll have to stay in the hospital for the next 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.  Given the fact that C is measuring a week ahead and his belly and head are measuring 2 weeks ahead, I'm hoping it's the first option.  My doctor is off tomorrow so I won't see her until Tuesday and then I'm sure we'll know a little more at that point.  SO, until then, it looks like I'll be spending this Halloween in the hospital.  The first time in my life I haven't been at my mom's Halloween party and gone trick or treating with my little brother and sister.  I was pretty bummed about it however, thank GOODNESS I have a momma that comes in and does things like this ...








That's right.  She decorated my hospital room.  She came in and surprised me this morning with the decorations, the Candy Corn hat I'm wearing, a little tin full of candy and some Halloween cupcakes and the beautiful fall mum flower arrangement.  Absolutely made my day.

So, Happy Halloween from my hospital "home" to yours ... I hope you have a SPOOKTACULAR evening!!!

30 comments:

  1. Awww your room looks cute!

    Baby Caleb will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless your heart! But I'm so glad you and little C are both doing well. Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww that is so sweet of your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your momma seriously knows how to cheer someone up!!! I am just anxious to hear about the updates with you and little man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH what a sweet Mama!
    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are being looked after. SO sweet of your mom! Love it. Take care. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, how sweet of her!! Take care, darling girl! The baby will be here SOON!!!

    Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so sweet of your mom! :) Good luck with everything and happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet of your momma to decorate your room! It looks fabulous and I am a BIG fan of the spider balloon!! You look so cute girlie and I love your candy corn hat!! Yay for cupcakes and candy :) When I was preggers with Kelcee I got Pre-Eclampsia at about 34 weeks and I was in and out of the hospital until they delivered her at 36 weeks....my bloodpressure wouldn't go back down so they decided to deliver but she was healthy and didn't even have to go to NICU!!

    I betcha you can't wait to see little C....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom is adorable!! What a festive room. Your little one will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you and that precious baby of yours to the moon and back! Thinking about you and sending lots of prayers your way!

    And...ummm...like I said in the voicemail I just left you...ahem...my birfday justsohappenstobe Tuesday! Coincidence? I think not! ;)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww lots of prayers & thoughts for you! I hope your little guy gets here soon! So sweet of your Mama to decorate your room!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww, what a great momma and I love the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor girl! What a sweet mom to come and do that.....then again, that's why moms are so wonderful. I'll be praying for good news on Tuesday from the doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, how sweet, can't wait to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, sad you're stuck in the hospital! :(

    I will definitely be thinking about you and praying for you this week! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little man when he gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, how sweet of your Mom!!! Praying for you this week and your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you and baby are doing well, can't wait for his grand entrance, only when he is full term of course! Your mom is the sweetest thing, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mom sounds so amazing! So sorry you are stuck in a hospital room for a while! At least you will be having your little one soon and then get to take your bundle of joy home with you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. how sweet is your mom!! i'm hoping that caleb comes sooner rather than later for your sake! but at least your at the safest place possible for you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww. I'm SO glad everything (and everyone) is ok! The Little C-Man is going to be here before you know it. Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You mom is too sweet! It looks great. :)

    Thinking of you and can't wait to hear the news of baby Caleb's safe arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no! Take care of yourself (and that little baby) I can't believe he could be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hang in there girl! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11/01/2010

    That's so sweet of your mama to decorate your room for you!! Can't wait to see little Caleb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw, that was so sweet of your mom! Hang in there, hopefully you'll be back home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw I was wondering when I saw pics on FB how your room was decorated! What a sweet mommy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your mom is super great, and you have my empathy! I was put in the hospital on bed rest for a while too, but you're right, you are right where you need to be to make sure everyone is healthy!

    The hospital stay will be totally worth it when you get to see Baby C.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad you are in a place where you and Caleb can be taken care of! Can't believe he will be here soon! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous11/03/2010

    Your mom rocks! How thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete