Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thoughtless Thursday: Whining Warning

Disclaimer:  I promise, I KNOW how lucky we are to have a healthy baby, that I've made it to 36 weeks and that things, besides the high blood pressure, have gone pretty smoothly until now.  I know this, I'm thankful for this and I don't take this for granted.

That being said ...

I'm done being pregnant.  Don't get me wrong, I DO want this little man to stay put, grow some more and continue to develop.  But at the same time?  I'm (as in mentally and physically) done.  Every day I think surely I feel bigger, more uncomfortable.  Every day I think "Surely, since the heat is gone, I shouldn't be hot and sweating in my own house".  Every day I think "SURELY my face can't look any chubbier than it did the day before and my feet and ankles couldn't be more "one" with each other".  And every day?  Pregnancy laughs at me.  I mean CANKLES.  I'm sorry, did I say cankles?  I meant cackles.  Sorry.  Pregnancy on the brain.  Literally.

Let's talk about the dreams I've been having.  This morning, because I didn't sleep so well, I took a nap and during this little hour long siesta I dreamt that I had a baby boy, however my current baby was still ... in the womb.  In this dream I asked my mom "Can YOU see the baby in the crib?  The one I've been feeding and rocking and burping for the last few days (apparently there was time for days to pass during this one hour dream)?" and her response was "Um, Katie we might need to look into getting you some help ... " and then I woke up.  And the other night?  I dreamt that I found fox babies.  Yes, fox babies, as in baby foxes (foxi?  foxen?) however they looked like Falcor from the Neverending Story but baby sized.  And I wanted SO badly to rescue them in the dream, but I was, of course, pregnant and afraid they were going to bite me and give me rabies.  And I believe I've already told y'all about the "breastfeeding the baby with teeth that could speak full sentences but was newborn sized."  At first, these were hilarious, however NOW?  They just creep me out.  And let's not GET me started on sleeping.  These days, I can't even fall asleep before 1 am and can't sleep later than 8 am of which, during this period of  "sleep", I wake up at LEAST 5 times to pee.  At one point, I went 3 times within a 45 minute period.  And if I'm not peeing?  I'm adjusting my gigantor belly, flinging it from side to side, stuffing pillows under it and propping myself up so I don't feel little man creeping up into my chest and hindering my breathing process.  So like I said.  I'm done.  And I almost WAS technically "done" on Tuesday afternoon ...

Remember how I said we had a doctor's appointment?  Well everything went great, little man looks great measuring 6 lbs 12 oz and growing right on schedule.  Then, when we went to check my BP, it was 130/100.  Great.  Back to Labor & Delivery for me, however this time my doctor tells me that if it didn't go back down that we might have to DELIVER me.  Two days ago!  Luckily, once I got into the hospital room my BP was more than normal, it was actually under the range it needed to be in, so they sent me home after 2 hours.  But for a crazy bit, I thought we might meet little man on Tuesday!  So, as of now, I'm home on bed rest, being a good girl and resting.  I have an appointment to check my blood pressure this morning and we're HOPING it will be a good reading again.  Then maybe, just MAYBE my mom will be able to drive me to a much needed mani/pedi appointment to get my claws nails back to a reasonable length so I don't scratch my sweet little boy whenever he arrives.

Now, onto the "Thoughtless" part of this "Thoughtless Thursdsay".  In the meantime, while waiting for my pregnancy to actually BE done, this little guy is the BEST bedrest partner EVER.



{Momma, I's sweepy, I's kan't stays up tilz 1 in da murnin'.}

Oh how I love him.  Now, YOUR turn!  Grab my button, post your random pictures and come back here and link up so we can all see what you posted!!!





15 comments:

  1. Look at Koda!!! Precious! I want him if things don't work out well with him and Caleb!! Haha!

    He just needs to stay put a little longer - another week or two!

    I can't wait to meet this little bundle of joy! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures of Koda every time you post one!

    I understand how you feel - the last couple weeks are the longest but definitely worth it. Hope your blood pressure comes out ok this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet friend! Dying laughing. . . BUT sorry about all of your preganancy "dislikes!" Aren't you glad koda bear is there?? He does seem like SUCH a good boy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better and try to get rest. Koda is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there - you don't have much longer. I was just like you though, I HATED being pregnant. It was not fun, but luckily Jack came at 36 weeks and was perfectly healthy, so I didn't endure those last dreadful weeks. It will all be worth it though when you see that sweet little face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Koda, so cute as always. Hang in there, almost there. You are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're almost there!! Hope you feel better. At least you have Koda to keep you company, he seems like the perfect bed rest buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine what you are going through, but I am sure after the little one is here, you will look back and appreciate it all. I hope things get easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh....I'm sorry girl! I can't imagine how uncomfortable you all.

    The pain will all be worth it....kind of like a bikini wax. Just grit your teeth and try not to hit the Vietamese lady in the crotch. Well, maybe pregnancy doesn't have that part in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay there Caleb! Wait for dad to some home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely feel your pain - I, too, am over being pregnant and just want to be done! :) I'm just ready to be able to get comfortable again without so much effort! Good luck at your dr. appt today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hang in there! I hope it gets a little better for you. I had to comment b/c I posted a picture of my yellow lab today sleeping in bed with me. What a pair our two would be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor thing....I think that we ALL hit that day in our pregnancy when we are just DONE being preggers. I hope that these last few weeks FLY by for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww hang in there, Katie!! Koda is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Koda is too cute in that photo!!!

    ReplyDelete