Friday, October 8, 2010

It's My Party and I'll Cancel it if I Have High Blood Pressure ...

WELLLLLLL.  Good morning lovelies!  Can I just say what a difference a day makes?  This time yesterday I was heading out to take Koda to get groomed, to meet a friend for breakfast and run errands for my Halloween Girl's Night party last night and just be all around, well, busy.  Because busy-ness makes the days fly by which makes little man's arrival come faster!  Or so I thought ...

At about 2:30 pm yesterday, while waiting for Koda to be finished at the groomers, I decided it was time to get some lunch.  After paying at Subway I get a call from my mom and she asks me what I'm doing.  I told her I was just about to sit down to lunch and she said "Are you not at your doctors appointment?" to which I reply "Appointment?  OH!  Shoot, what time is it!?!" to which SHE replies "2:30." to which I reply "CRAP!  I totally forgot!!!"  I immediately go into a panic, I have food in the car for my party, Koda is at the groomers and I'm 15 minutes away from my doctor's office and then, for some reason, immediately turn into a mindless pregnant woman (although this is debateable whether not I already was a mindless pregnant woman given the fact that I forgot my appointment ...) and start driving in circles all the sudden COMPLETELY forgetting exactly where my doctor's office is located (as well as my brain) and borderline having a panic attack.  After finally calming down, calling Petco to see if they could keep Koda a little longer and calling the doc's office and letting them know that I was running a bit late, I got myself together and drove myself to my OB's office.  I asked my mom to come to this appointment because the Mister was out of town and thank goodness I did.  My blood pressure was at 140/100 (which apparently they don't like around here) so we figured it was due to my previous freak outage and told me to calm myself and they'd take it again.  After waiting a bit they took my BP again only to see it was still high and Dr. Licker (yes, that's my OB's name, she is darling and precious but the name is hard to not snicker at especially given her chosen medical field) decided that I needed to head to Labor & Delivery to have my blood pressure and the baby evaluated.  She originally said I'd be there for 2 or so hours.  Of course I immediately thought "What about Koda!?!?  Who's going to pick him up!?!" but after a quick phone call to the new Petco we're taking Koda to (which I LOVE bytheway, I think I forgot to tell y'all about the previous Petco we were taking Koda to and the issue we had the last time I picked him up, that'll be another post) they said he was fine and content in his kennel with a big bowl of water and they'd keep him until I was able to come get him.  SO, after an hour or so of monitoring my BP, the baby and doing some blood work they decided to keep me overnight.  To which I again freaked out about Koda's well-being but my MIL came to the rescue, picked him up and kept him overnight for a sleepover at Memaw's and Pepaw's house.

The good news is my blood work looks great, the baby's heartbeat and movement is perfect and my blood pressure was great throughout the night.  The bad news is my evening consisted of the following ...


{Sexy backless gown.  Ow ow.}


{Helium inflated feet.  Again, oh so sexy.}


{Hot new bangle bracelet ...}


Unfortunately as of this morning my BP's up a bit from what it was in the night.  SO, what does that mean?  Well Dr. Licker said it means bed rest for now.  And by bed rest she means getting up to use the restroom, make myself lunch and that's about it.  Unless we can get my levels to stay in the 120s/80s range steadily, then she'll reevaluate my activity restrictions.

My overnight stay also meant another thing.  I had to cancel my Halloween Girl's Night last night very last minute.  I was SO sad as I had just bought all the supplies and snacks I needed for the evening.  I DID make a floor of nurses VERY happy with the bag of Halloween-themed cookies and cupcakes that I gave them!  SO, since I wasn't able to post pictures from this year I figured I'd post a few from the fun we had last year.  I'm hoping to maybe be able to reschedule, we'll see if my BP cooperates.










Good times were had as I'm sure they would've been this year.  But don't worry, if it doesn't get rescheduled this year it will be done up right NEXT year!  With a cute little man in costume to help me host!

I hope y'all have great weekends and while you're out running around, think of me marooned on the couch all weekend long ...

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/08/2010

    What a crazy day! I'm so glad you're doing a little better and hopefully your BP stays under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry that happened, but SO glad that everything is okay :) Take it easy, Missy! It ain't November yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - bed rest is no fun at all! I hope you get back to normal soon and that little man continues to do well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they check to see if you had protein in your urine??

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had a crazy thursday to say the least! i'm glad everything is okay... and koda was well taken care of - i'm sure that didn't help your BP either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!! Try and enjoy the bed rest...its all for little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everything is ok! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! you poor thing! Glad the results turned out okay. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! You poor thing thank heavens for MIL to get Koda bear! That totally was the blood pressure spike right there! Hope you get lots of rest as I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor thing! Hope you are feeling a bit better today! Bed rest does sound SORTA nice (for like 3 days) and then I'd be over it! Hopefully you will have a nice relaxing weekend! Take it easy! Koda bear will surely enjoy the relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10/08/2010

    Aw. Thinking of you! Bedrest does not sound fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take advantage of the rest while you can (even if it won't be fun). Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's a crazy couple of days! So sorry you are on bedrest. I hope things settle down so you can still have your party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You poor thing!!! You take advantage of the situation!!! Milk it big time!!!!!!!!! Praying for you and your little man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry your party was cancelled and more so about your difficult day! Praying that your BP gets under control and you and baby C are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH NO!! You gotta destress and relax and BREATHE! That sounds awfully stressful, and then going to the hospital probably stressed you out and caused your blood pressure to rise even more!!! So scary. PLEASE GIRL take it easy and just relax!!! Just a little more time :-) have a nice relaxing restful weekend Miss Katie xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a crazy day! I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Relax and enjoy the time off your feet, and chance to rest before baby comes. Thinking about you and little man!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! What a crazy day, so sorry you had to stay at the hospital. :( Glad you get to go home and take it easy, just means you can continue your Dawson's Creek marathon and hang out with Koda!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no Katie!! I am sorry to hear this. I had a little bout with high BP when I was 32 weeks with Blake. I was having soem mild contractions as well....but they watched me for a day...gave me a couple of shots...sent me on my way, and I didnt deliver him until 38 weeks 5 days!! Take your bed rest seriously and keep that little bun in the oven for a few more weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You poor thing! Glad to hear you are ok though!

    I will say that those hospital L/D nurses are amazing, so I am sure you were treated very well!

    I will be thinking if you on bed rest this weekend and I hope everything goes back to normal for you and your little babalicious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gosh..love your heart..I hope your BP gets back to normal..I know its really hard to rest right now but I'm glad you ar taking it easy! Just think this time next year you'll have a little baby boy to dress up for your Halloween party :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that they put you on bedrest and that you had to cancel your party due to your unforseen stay. Hope you're already home!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no! I hate to hear you were put on bed rest! I hope things get back to normal for you and your sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. im glad to read everything is fine but bp is no joke. my cousin is about have her twin at 32 weeks because of the bp. take care of yourself and things will be good! also homecook meals help...because you can control the salt! ;-) good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete