Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HAPPY BIRFDAY GINNY!!!

Gin, I wish I knew how to say that in Chinese because I knew would make your day, but alas, I don't.

For those of you that don't know her, Ginny was my roommate at Baylor.  And when I say roommate, I should say "shoebox-mate".  Because that's what we lived in.  A room the size of a shoebox that we could barely walk past each other in but at the same time, had the MOST fun living in.  I don't think I could've done it with anyone besides Ginny.  Because I'm pretty sure Gin and I were cut from the same mold.  We pretty much were one person our sophmore year.  Aside from her being super smart and going to classes like Anatomy and Physiology and my going to classes like Underwater Basket Weaving, we literally had the exact same schedule every day.  We'd get up (one, being me, usually earlier than the other, being Gin - she's notsomuch a morning person) go to class, come home, get dressed to go workout, go workout for an insanely long time (oh college willpower), go to dinner somewhere, come home watch a little TV, go upstairs and sit at our computers side by side and IM each other and then go and make a giant pot of full-caf coffee and ... ahem ... "study".  Gin only studied with me if she didn't have much studying to do.  She was in REAL classes remember?  Then Gin went and left me to finish her 2nd half of nursing school in Dallas.  Dumb Baylor, what kind of plan is that?  And I will tell you when that happened I thought I was going to die.  Even contemplated following her to Dallas.  But thankfully I didn't because I would never had met and married the love of my life.  And besides, I knew Gin and I would be friends for life no matter where we lived.  Which is a good thing since she up and moved to Taiwan this past year.  Thank GOODNESS for facebook chat because I don't know what I would've done without her labor and delivery nursing expertise throughout my entire pregnancy/delivery experience.

So happy HAPPY birfday Gin!  I love you SO much and know that C does too even though he hasn't met you yet.  We'll celebrate whenever you come back to visit us from that far away land you're living in.  I hope it's a blessed day and WISH I could be there to give you this virtual birfday hug in person!











I LOVE YOU GIN!

Sidenote:  All of THESE pictures are ALSO huge motivation for my weight loss goals to be MET!

Side sidenote:  Gin, we need more recent pictures together, come home from Taiwan.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/25/2011

    HOW DID WE DRINK COFFEE AT 11:00 p.m.?

    Happy Birthday Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet friend!! And cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! Loved it. Hil - I DON'T KNOW! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that she's ALWAYS on the left and you're ALWAYS on the right. That's so funny because I realized that's how my pictures with hubby are too! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete