Monday, January 24, 2011

HAPPY (late) BIRFDAY MOH!!!

Saturday was my MOH and BFFE's birfday however I am notsomuch a weekend blogger so I thought I'd do her birfday post today.  Sooooo, HAPPY BIRFDAY MOH!  This is the year (most of) my friends are all turning 30.  So we're all hitting the dirty thirties together.  Friday night I set up a little girl's night to celebrate A's entrance into the next decade of her life.  We had a pretty fantastic little time.

{Sweet Tara was such a trooper, she's due to meet baby Annabelle February 7th!  We were all waiting for her water to break ...} 

{Erin, Alli, the birfday girl, Julianne, me and Tara (and Annabelle!)} 

{The birfday girl with her red velvet cupcake!  Mmmmm ...}

A and I have known each other for a LONG time.  It's crazy to me that we have been friends for 17 years!  We met when we were 13 at something called the "Barn Blowout" (yes I'm serious) with our church youth group.  We had known each other all of 4 minutes and I asked her if she wanted to come over (after the infamous "Barn Blowout") and spend the night.  "Hi.  My name's Creepy, what's yours?"  I mean WHO does that!?!  Invites someone over they've known for 4 (okay, let's be real it was probably closer to 2) minutes to spend the night at their house?!?!  Luckily enough for me, Andrea didn't seem to think there was a thing wrong with the idea and ended up spending the night,  We were connected at the hip from then on.  We then went to Baylor and roomed together our freshman year.  Let's just say those were not our finest moments.  We like to call them "our stupid phase" and just move on being that we stopped talking to each other right before Christmas break freshman year and didn't rekindle our friendship until later sophmore year.  But am I ever glad we did because we went on to live together in Dallas after we both graduated, saw each other through good and some notsogood times, experienced becoming mommies together (well, not TOGETHER ... you know what I mean) and NOW are experiencing entering our 30's together.  Since I have about 80 billion pictures of she and I, I'll just choose a choice few for A's happy birfday post.
















HAPPY BIRFDAY MOH!  I love you the MOH-stest.  Haha.  Get it?

Sidenote:  These pictures are really good motivation to get back in shape.  I'll update y'all on that progress later.

8 comments:

  1. What great pics!!! You both are too cute!! And getting back into shape, I'm working on that too!! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gals are soo cute! I love your hair short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! Happy Birthday to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower here. I came over from Taylor's blog. I am going to the Dallas Blogger Meetup and wanted to kind of "meet" the ladies going!

    Anyway, your son is too precious! Look forward to reading more about you and meeting you in April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute Baylor girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post to your best friend! :) Happy birthday to her!

    You ladies are so pretty! I also like your hair short :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures! I'm going to the Dallas blogger meet up and can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete