Monday, June 20, 2011

Miscellany Monday ...

Today, I'm linking up with the darling Carissa at ...

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

... which is just what the doctor ordered since I'm currently suffering from a bout of brain flatulence.

So, in no particular order, here is my miscellaneous'ness'es'ness'es ...

First, my personal trainer experience officially ended last week (well actually I have one session with him I need to makeup this week, but TECHNICALLY last week was the week) SO I'm on my own.  Now, this isn't necessarily a problem because in college I was a workout/low-carb-eating MACHINE.  Nothing and nobody could knock me off my game.  I wouldn't touch a piece of cake (or anything that wasn't on my "list of preapproved diet items") with a ten foot pole.  I will show you proof ...


I'll go ahead and state the obvious, this is my wedding day.  Now granted, I do NOT need to be this skinny again.  And I'm not going to.  Because I was pretty much eating bare bones type food to look like a bare bones type girl.  And working out like a fiend at the same time.  But I would like to be closer to this weight in the following picture (which I'll just go ahead and tell you that it is about 18 lbs heavier than the wedding day picture, just to put into perspective on just how TOO skinny I was) ...


Which is about 25 lbs away from where I am now.  (PS, isn't the Mister so cute with his long hair?  You know you've got a looker when you can love his hair long AND short.  This is the haircut where he gets told he looks like Robert Downey, Jr. a lot.)

SO - all this is to say that I've sort of hit a wall.  I've currently lost 60 lbs since the day C was born, more like 50 when you take out baby and all his "gear" he had in the womb.  Which is about 8 lbs from where I was when I got pregnant.  And of course, like most women, I wasn't where I wanted to be when I GOT pregnant and I figure "If I'm already on track losing weight, why stop at the point that I wasn't happy before?"  So that's back to the 25 lbs I still want to lose.  And the wall (i.e. plateau) I've hit.  My goal at the gym we joined yesterday (did I even say that yet?  Um, BTW we joined a gym.) is to workout at least 4 times a week for at least an hour each time with the same intensity Oscar (my trainer, who I WILL do a post about with his information if he ever gets me the info, AHEM Coach?) put me through.  On top of that I need to UP my water intake.  And by UP I mean DRINK SOME at all!  I am a water hater.  A Diet Pepsi, coffee and pretty much anything that's not water lover, but water?  Hater.  Between that and adding an extra day to my workouts for the week I am HOPING to shed these last 25 lbs.  And I promise to update you girls on my progress periodically.  Phew.  That was a LONG #1.  I may only have a couple more in me ...

Second, we had a fantastic Father's Day weekend.  I didn't actually get to see my daddy (sad face) because he was out of town, but we're going to celebrate with him, late, next weekend.  However, in honor of him I'll show y'all a cute picture of him and C recently ...


But we DID get to spend it with this guy ...

{Love me some instagram-bam-thankyouma'am}

and shower him with these gifts ...

{That top book is HILARIOUS.  I hope you can see the picture below to see just how hilarious it is.  And the bottom book?  Thank you Shutterfly for getting it here QUICK and for your reasonable pricing!}



We ended the day at my mom's house, out on the back porch looking at this view ...


I hope y'all each had wonderful Father's Days as well!

Third, did I mention it was my mom's birfday last week?  Well, actually it was the week before but did I mention we celebrated (one of the times) last Monday night?  We had our traditional girl's night (except for Clay, he gets to be included when it's his mom, sister or wife's birfday) at McGuires which was OH so yummy.  Here's a few pics from the evening ...

{Not gonna lie, when I wear this short haircut curly, I look a LITTLE like Richard Simmons.  After dinner I asked anyone if they felt like sweatin' to the oldies.}


{Is she the cutest mother-of-4-and-a-few-years-older-than-30 mom you've ever seen or what?  Thanks for those genes mom, since I currently can't fit in my actual jeans I'll lean on those ...}

And that's it.  Phew.  I think I must get super excited/rush to the point of exhaustion when I try and get my blog posts done while C's napping.  Because I'm currently sweating.  Also I'm pretty sure I just shot myself in the foot and officially have nothing left to blog about this week.  So, see y'all next week. 

If that's not miscellany I don't know what is.  Go on over to Lowercase Letters (I feel like that was a bit ironic that I just capitalized those L's) and link up!

8 comments:

  1. I linked up today also but for someone reason the linky isn't working for me. I think you look beautiful any weight you are. The mister does look like Robert Downey Jr. LOL and you and your Mom look like sisters. Hope your having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I'm doing Inanity right now and Love it!! Check it out!!! Awesome work out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you girl! I don't have a problem drinking enough water but I have found that if I drink out of a water bottle that has a straw, I drink a TON more...maybe give it a shot?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl 25 lbs is nothing! U can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted about post-baby weight loss today. It's such a daunting task, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! :) But seriously, I think you look great now..

    Love your blog...and I'm now following! Yay! :)

    http://elizabeththomasblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in all those pictures! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You were so freaking tiny at your wedding. I think you look so much better with more meat on your bones!!! It looks like it was a great weekend and Father's day!

    ReplyDelete