Monday, October 17, 2011

It's the MOST Wonderful ...

threemonths of the year!  I know that song really applies to Christmas, however I really think it applies to the months of October - December.  Can we just talk about how much I LOVE this time of year?  Fall officially starts even though it's still hot enough for me to sweat through my boots outside and with that brings CRAFT FAIRS (or holiday bazaars, depending on what you call it) and lots and lots of shopping for darling things like accessories, home decor and, my FAVORITE, holiday decorations!!!  I, however, have a small problem.  I have a problem with committment.  Not in the general sense, but in the shopping sense.  The problem starts with the fact that there's SO many cute things that I want to buy them all BUT I'm on the stay at home mommy budget so I have to be really smart about what I choose to buy.  Therein starts the "Okay, I'm going to look around and make sure I don't like anything better and then come back and get (fill in the adorable item I'm crushing on) ..."  Generally this leads to me leaving completely empty-handed. 

Me and one of my favorite girls, Carissa, went to a really good show yesterday and just such a thing happened.  I DID, however, manage to make it out with this little jewel ...


This cute feather headband!  In all honesty, I bought the thing because I had just drank a hot Starbucks, then walked in the notso fall weather from our parking spot a jillion miles away into the (what sure as heck felt like) heated building on a 90 degree day.  Did I mention I was wearing boots?  I refuse to dress like it's summer in the fall, Texas.  I REFUSE!  Needless to say I was sweating and my hair was starting to do that super sexy, stick-to-my-forehead thing.

Not okay.

Enter $10, TEAL, feathery headband.  Done.

That was really my reasoning for buying it.  And then I proceeded to get complimented on it by no less than 10 people.  It may have even been 15.  It got to the point that my friend and I would laugh when someone would say they liked it.  I'm pretty sure I sold every single headband she had left in her booth.  AND, the best part (next to the fact that it was $10)?  The owner of the booth is a friend of mine and my mom.  So I was happy to hook her up!  And let's be clear this has EVERYTHING to do with how stinking cute this headband is and nothing to do with my wearing it.  Need I mention the sweating again?  Richard Simmons could've walked around in it and sold it to several passers-by.

After lots of shopping and taste testing of delicious food, I came home and took this little refusing-to-nap guy for a walk.  And wouldn't you know it ...


Walk = narcoleptic baby.

I hope everyone had fantastic weekends!  Here's to the start of the MOST wonderful 3 months of the year!!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/17/2011

    Love the headband. SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And you look so stinkin cute and skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to know how you got so stinking skinny. That is all.

    ReplyDelete