Monday, October 19, 2009

Patience is a Virtue ...

  • And I have little of it it seems. I THOUGHT I could wait until my blog cuteness makeover to post again, but apparently I have too much to say ;0) SO here I go again. This past weekend we had a house-full of OU fans. Sorry UT fans but Baylor (and sometimes A&M b/c we have some die-hard fan friends) is the only Texas team I really care about winning. Even if they don't. Ever. The Steeves brought their precious Noah who was really fun to see with Koda. Every time Koda would kiss him on the face he'd turn around in the same movement and smack him in the head with his tail. And every time Noah would say "Owwwwuch Koda!". Too cute.

  • Saturday I ran my 5 miles. Something I do everytime I run is I plug in my headphones so I can actually hear the TV station I've tuned into, but for some reason I can't stop reading the closed captioning? The whole point of headphones is so you DON'T have to read the captions, Kate. So, while reading the captions the McDonalds commercial comes on and at the end comes the Closed Captioning translation of the jingle which, happens to be, "ba da ba ba ba" ... "ba da ba ba ba"? The poor hearing impaired have got to read this and think "what the ... ?" "ba da ba ba ba?" "Why are there babbling babies on McDonald's commercials?" or "What do sheep have to do with McDonald's hamburgers? Are they making veal-burgers now? Why are they baaa'ing about it?" This usually ends up with me giggling on the treadmill which in turn makes me look ... crazy. Oh good, something new. Not so much. Thankfully I live in my own little world where I amuse myself constantly and not as many people as I think actually realize it.

  • Saturday night the hubs and I had a date night which was much needed since he left Sunday night for Orlando and won't be home until Thursday. Which, by the way, how fair is it that he's going to ORLANDO for WORK (I know the work part's not fun, but ORLANDO!?!?)??? I mean really. That is my idea of Heaven on Earth. DISNEY WORLD?!?! I literally cry upon entering (ask my roommates and/or husband) He's THAT close to Disney World and A: I'm not there to go with him, B: He's not going (which he's smart because I warned him if he got to enjoy the happiest place on Earth when I was at home at the normalest place on Earth I would NOT be the happiest WIFE on Earth ...) So, hopefully he'll bring me home a little trinket of Disney memorabilia. PS - he's staying at a hotel that is Sea World themed. There is a Shamu rubber ducky in the bathroom!  I heart Orlando.
         
  • Last (because this is getting FAR too lengthy) we went to pick up our new coffee table. And by new I mean new to us, but old. It was my great grandma Pickering's Campaign Trunk. It's the coolest thing ever and I love that it's old, and vintage-esque. It looks great in our living room and, since I have no pictures to show you from the weekend (I know, shocker right?) I will leave you pictures of the new/old coffee table and Shamu rubber ducky since they are both on my iPhone. Have a fantastic week friends. I would say that this will be my last post for awhile, but like I said patience is a virtue ...  and I'm currently working on my virtuosity ... so I'll probably be posting again tomorrow if not Wednesday.  Farewell from the Fulmer Lane.



No comments:

Post a Comment