Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two Halloween Costumes and A Little Bit of Neuroticism ...

That's right.  I have TWO Halloween costumes to wear on the same day!  And it's not even on Halloween.  First my company is having a Halloween Costume Party/Contest on Friday.  I'm not telling you what I'm going to be but I WILL give you a hint in a picture.  Here are some verbal hints, it has to do with purple and my wig MAY change to green (they have the same one in green)

My other costume will come with pictures as well, that one will involve both me AND Matt dressing up, WHICH I can tell you ... he's not exactly thrilled about ... his family didn't grow up pycho about holidays like mine did.  Ever since I can remember my mom has made HUGE deals out of holidays and birthdays hence being why I get so excited about both (and not just my own birthdays but everyone else's too!)  I have this feeling I will end up with all boys, who if they're like their dad won't be all about the holidays and celebrations either, BUT they and their poor dad are just going to have to put up with my nuttyness!  Heaven knows Matt already does! 

Onto the Neuroticism.  I have this new flouride mouthwash I have to use.  You know.  Because I have FIVE CAVITIES!?!?  Sorry.  Tangent.  Anyways I have an issue with mouthwash ... or anything else that has a "do not do this or this will happen" label on it.  For instance, the mouthwash says NOT to swallow it.  Duh, right?  Well, after reading this all I can think about is "What if I DID swallow it?"  "What would happen?" "Would it make me sick?" "Would my insides be flourided?" and then I have to mentally tell myself, the whole time, "Katie DON'T swallow the flouride mouthwash" ... ridiculous yes?  I think so ... but everytime I have to count "one one thousand, two one thousand" up until a minute has passed all the while saying "Don't swallow the mouthwash, don't swallow the mouthwash".  Yes, I'm nuts.  I'll admit it. 

Hopefully everyone got their invite to the Holiday Girl's Night Thanksgiving Partay.  If you didn't and want to come, just leave a comment (leave a comment anyway, I HEART them!) with your email address and I'll send it to you!  Hope to see you all there!  TTTW (ta ta til Wednesday)

3 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT for the costume reveal(s). I finally figured mine out today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is almost like the whole jumping off a bridge thing. Or a tall building. You don't want to but what if you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK you Liz I am so glad you actually said that out loud, I think that all the time when I'm at a hotel, "WHAT IF I just stood on the balcony? Would I fall?" or when you're driving on those overpasses, "WHAT IF I just hit that wall a bit, would I go over the side? and IF I did, what would happen?" I freak myself out on overpasses and have to make myself not think that stuff. EEK!

    ReplyDelete