Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When Did I Get Old?

Apparently, the older I get the more cynical and opinionated I get.  For instance, over the summer I found myself looking at girls in their cut-off-up-to-their-hiney-cheeks short shorts thinking "WHAT is wrong with her parents?  Do they KNOW she's out like that?  Where is their shot gun?  If my daughter EVER comes out of her room looking like that so help me ... " and so on and so forth.  The same thoughts apply with the plunging necklines the kids (Lord help me, did I just say "the kids"?) are wearing these days.  Seriously, where are the parents?  And do I need to call them?  I'm getting to the point where I have the urge to walk up to one of these teenage hussies, ask her to call her parents JUST so I can let them know their child is walking around looking like a hooker.  The incident that brought this to my attention was last night, on my way to run, I looked over as I was driving only to realize there was some teenage kid, with rims on his car, music blaring, leaning half way out his window, driving about the same speed as me and trying to, what can only be described as, check me out.  First off, he looked about 12.  2nd, he was this skinny white kid who so desperately wanted to be a rapper, smoking Swisher Sweets and bobbing his head at me like he expected me to smirk and do it back.  So, what do I do?  Hit the breaks and put a stop to the cruising nonsense.  He then flies on ahead with his music blaring and I slowly continue driving while thinking "What the heck was his problem?  Why was that little houligan looking at me?  Ugh, KIDS!"  Now mind you, 10 years ago, I would have been THRILLED to have some boy checking me out in the car next to me, no matter how cute, dorky, thuggy or country the guy was.  But NOW my first thought is "Are you kidding me?  QUIT IT.  And pull up your pants while you're at it!" at which point I usually flash my wedding ring and think "I'm old enough to be your mom ... which isn't true.  I am officially 80.  The fact that I EVEN do it with pop stars such as Miley Cyrus (the see through shirt to her bra and pole dance at the VMAs, are you joking?  10 years olds are watching you, put on some clothes!) solidifies that I am, in fact, 80.  Does this mean when I'm 80 I'll act like I'm 140?  I sure hope not, I'd like to have some sort of mental clarity at that age.  That is, of course, assuming I have some right now, which, on a day to day basis, is questionable.  :0)

On a completely different tangent.  I just successfully succeeded (is that repetitive?  I think so) in opening an umbrella while IN my car.  Thank goodness it was parked.  My friend at work loaned me her umbrella when I went to lunch.  For whatever reason I don't own and/or really like umbrellas.  I'm like this with several things, I don't take medicine when I don't feel well (unless forced to by a doc's prescription) I don't wear warm enough clothes when I know it's super cold and I don't use umbrellas.  I'm a "tough it out, I'd rather not bother" type of girl.  But it was pouring and I didn't want ugly hair after going to lunch today, so I thought "What the heck."  After I got back, I parked my car, barely got the door open a bit, and, at the same time, hit the "eject the umbrella" button ... while still in the car ... and it did, in fact, eject.  It also smacked me in the face, hit my front window, threw part of itself in my purse and attacked my leather seat.  Thankfully it didn't scratch anything or leave any marks, besides the mark of embarassment it left on me.  Who opens their umbrella while still INSIDE their car?!?!?  Apparently I do.  Thank goodness no one saw it.  They were all running under their umbrellas, outside of their car.  Like they're supposed to be.

Okay, that's all the craziness I have for one day.  I have no fun pictures, but I will leave you a picture of what we will be doing this weekend ...

That's right friends.  We're going to homecoming.  I think for the first time in about 3 years and I'm excited.  We're staying at Brady and Kim Williams's house and cannot WAIT for the fun in store.  Have a Wonderful Wednesday blogging world.  See you tomorrow, no doubt.

2 comments:

  1. i am going to homecoming too and i think i have just now declared your blog as my favorite! you are hil-ar-ious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i have now just declared YOU as my favorite. you just made-my-day ;) night night!

    ReplyDelete