Monday, November 2, 2009

One Holiday Down, Two To Go!

If there is one thing I DON'T like about the holidays, it's taking down the decorations.  Halloween is made a little easier with the idea that Christmas is around the corner.  For some reason, I don't have any Turkey Day decor.  I really don't know why.  I do love Thanksgiving and I think it's a very important holiday to celebrate.  A time to stop, and give thanks for the many blessings that God so freely gives us that we take for granted every day.  Really every day should be a day of Thanksgiving, returning to the Lord the praise and honor He so greatly deserves for just waking us up every day, keeping us safe during it, and returning us home to our loved ones safely to do it all again the next day.  Well I say every day should be LIKE Thanksgiving, minus the gorge-fest that comes along with this day, because Heaven knows there is no amount of running that could keep me in shape if I had to do that day in and day out.  Sheesh.  So I've decided to go get a few choice decorations for Thanksgiving, to honor this special holiday that truthfully deserves to be celebrated much more than Halloween, which goodness knows I have a gazillion decorations for. 

Back to hating to take down the decorations.  I am already starting to dread having to do so for Christmas.  It really does make me sad.  Physically and emotionally sad.  And I'm even one that leaves them up until New Year's Day (let's be honest, a few days after ...).  I always say I'm going to get them up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we always end up going somewhere or having plans.  Well this year, I'm going to do it.  They will be up the Sunday after Thanksgiving if I have to stay up until 2 am doing so.  Don't you worry.  There will be a blog post for proof of said statement.  Thank goodness for the blog to keep me accountable.

We had a great fun filled Halloweekend.  Friday night was Pick or Treat, which was just so much fun.  My brother and sister-in-love's house looked SO cute, she was quite the little H1N1 Hostess!  Then on Saturday my MOH (this is my best friend since age 14, just FYI because I will more than likely talk about her in the future) and I took precious Piper to a little kiddos Halloween party hosted by The Yokums and The Blows.  Can I just tell you how cute all the little kiddos toddlin' around in little costumes were.  Oh so precious.  Here is a pic ...

Are you kidding with the cuteness?  They had the Baylor game on, yummy dips, some tricks and treats and grilled up some hotdogs.  It was quite the little party.  I'm pretty sure the point was just to dress up the kiddos and parade them around (can you blame them?)  On the far right is miss Piper as a Sweet P, on the far left James Yokum as a spider and above him (with the phone, she is very important you know) is Maggie Blow as a piggie.  My apologies I KNOW I met the rest of the mommas and their sweet munchkins but I can't remember their names and who they belong to (I can't remember my own name most of the time, you can't expect me to remember others)  Then after that we went to my parents, P Diddles had a costume change and came as a lobster.  Picture, of course ...


Until I have my own, I claim this little lobster as partly mine :0)  Her mommy doesn't mind.  We did some drink or treating (this is what I call the grown ups, following around the kiddos with wine in our cups while trick or treating) and came back to my parents house for some dinner and stealing of the kiddos candy.  It was a great weekend full of Halloween festivities.  I can't wait for the Thanksgiving festivities to ensue!  I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween with your own little goblins and ghouls.  Now, bring on the turkey!!!

3 comments:

  1. I got so tired of rushing to get my Christmas decor up after Thanksgiving that I started putting it up a little each night before Thanksgiving...we just don't turn any lights on. So when we get back from all of the T-giving travel MADNESS! ...and I have MOUNDS of laundry to do...all we have to do is turn the lights on! It quite possibly could have saved my marriage last year! So we'll do it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/04/2009

    I do the same thing! It breaks the "Friday after Thanksgiving" rule, but Katie is listening to Christmas music in October, so I think we are OK! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a cute little lobsty... and I hate taking down Christmas decorations so much I usually don't touch them until I am either yelled at for looking like WT.

    The outfits you and your ?? (is that your sister b/c you look alike) are AWESOME and I need them both in my closet, shoes and tights included... can you pass that on to Santa? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete