Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Big THANK YOU & Bumpdates!

First off, holy moly.  I would like to throw a giant T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U out to all of you my wonderful WONDERFUL readers!  I was really just speaking from a place of honesty, to let y'all know where I was coming from when I constantly make fun of myself in pictures and poke fun at the pregnancy weight gain because even though I was "kidding" most of the time, it was coming from a place of truth (in my mind at least).  And as a result I got the best support, love and motivation EVER from you all and I can't explain to you what that means to me.  So again, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, y'all really know how to lift a girl's spirits!!!  I am really glad I was able to speak to a few of you as well that are dealing with the same issue, whether it be in pregnancy or not, and I hope that Natalie Grant's song will pop into your mind when those thoughts start to surface.  And on a sidenote, the CD that that song, The Real Me, is on is ALL good.  I don't know about y'all but I like to know when a whole CD is actually worth buying or if the song is a "one shot iTunes'er" because I hate wasting my money on a CD for one song when the rest aren't worth it.  But that one is.  I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Now, onto the ...

BUMPDATES

And for the bumpdates this week I think I'm going to copy the survey that one of my preggo friends, Elizabeth, put on her blog.  And yes, she's one of the ones I was talking about, who weighs 116 lbs at 16 weeks preggo, but she's a doll and I've known her since she was 12 so I can't hate her (angelic smile)


About the mommy:


Name: Katie Fulmer

Age: 29

Is this the first child?: Besides my giant furry one with a big black nose, yes.

About the daddy:

Name: The Mister

Age: 29

Is this the first child?: That I know of ... but come to think of it, that kid down the street SURE does look a lot like him though?

Finding out:

What day did you find out you were pregnant?: Monday, March 15 @ 6:00am

How did you feel when you found out?: Complete disbelief.  I believe my first thoughts were "Is that a line or isn't it?  IS THAT A LINE OR ISN'T IT!?!?  Why did I buy the cheapest test they had!??!"

Who was with you?: Mr. Toliet.

How did the daddy react?: Shocked, followed by overjoyed, followed by "holy &*$@ I'm going to be a dad", followed by overjoyed.

Telling the grandparents:

How did you parents react?: My mom cried, said "are you serious?" in a tone only dogs could hear a million times and cried some more.  My dad opened an expensive bottle of scotch to toast with the Mister and hugged me for a really long time, my step-dad was pretty shocked, gave me a hug and told the Mister congrats.

How did his parents react?: Completely opposite than we thought.  They are huge criers so we assumed that would be the reaction.  They were totally shocked, plus the fact that we drove all the way over to their house at 10:30pm on a weeknight confused the H out of them at first.  I believe the Mister's dad (who is the BIGGEST crier of them all) said "Well, good luck."  HA!  Now they tear up all the time about it.

How often do they call to check on you?: My dad definately started checking up on me a lot more than usual.  It's hard to tell with my mom, we talk on a daily basis close to 3 times anyways.

About the pregnancy:

When is your due date?: November 24, the day before Thanksgiving.  I really hope he holds out or comes late (first time you'll ever hear a mommy say that ...).  There is some serious craft-fairing/holiday-bazaaring going on early November that I REALLY want to attend ...

How far along are you right now?: 22 weeks!  Wait for it ... here's the V diagram ...



Have you had an ultra sound?: Yep.  3 of them.  I could have one every day and never grow tired of it.  The next one's at 28 weeks and I'm counting down the days!

Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yep.  Music to mommy's ears.

Sex of the baby:

What do you want. Boy or Girl?: I didn't care, but totally thought it was a boy from week 10 on.

Do you know what you are having now?: Boy oh BOY do we! 

Are you happy with what you are having?: Definately.  I kind of wanted a boy first ...

About the birth:
Who is going to be with you?: The Mister is the only one besides the doc and the nurses that will be allowed anywhere near the "spread eagleness" that eventually will have to happen.  I'm pretty sure everyone in my immediate family along with the Mister's parents and brother will be in the waiting room though.  They're really good at that.

Are you going to video tape it?: I don't think so ... I'm not sure I want my "spread eagleness" caught on tape ...

Natural or medicated?: Give me the good stuff.  No seriously, like can I have some now?

Do you think you will have a c-section?: I sure hope not.

Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?: I cry when people on The Discovery Channel hold their babies for the first time.  I'm pretty sure this one's a given.  I'll be a big sobby mess.  Those pictures are going to be greatness.

Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?: Probably something that's not comprehensible due to the flood of sobbing blubbering emotion I'm sure to have.  Thank goodness he won't be able to talk yet ... 

Are you scared about the labor?: Are YOU scared of something the size of a watermelon coming out of your something the size of a raisin?  Yeah, that's what I thought ...

Names:

Do you have a name picked out?: Refer to the Mister on this one.  He's agreed to a deadline.  First week of August it is.

Is your baby going to be named after anyone?: The middle name yes. 

Did the daddy help pick the name?: He WILL.  Is it an option to not let them help?  No one informed me of this ...

Other random questions:

Where was your baby concieved?: In my uterus.

Have you felt the baby move?: YES!  It's my favorite time of each day.

What was your first symptom?: The plus sign on the pregnancy test I took.

Will you have godparents?: I don't think so, I think that's more of a Catholic thing?

Who will be the god mommy?:

Who will be the god daddy?:

What is the babys room theme?: This bedding ...


{And yes, that crib sheet and the detail that looks tan is actually a lime-ish green}




And this crib which we're ordering SOON ...

{This converts to a full-size bed so we'll never have to buy him furniture again.  Kidding.  Kind of.}



Are you ready to be a mommy?: Sure am!  I've been ready to be a mommy since I was 10.  But apparently that's frowned upon ...

What do you think the baby will be a "daddys girl/boy" or a "mommys girl/boy"?: I'm sure daddy's boy.  But I DO hear little boys love their mommas!

And that's about it from me today loves!!!  Sheesh I should hope so this was a LONG'UN!  Have wonderful evenings (apparently I'm an evening blogger now) and I'll see y'all back here tomorrow morning for Thoughtless Thursday!!!

23 comments:

  1. how fun to read this. I learned a lot :) Love love love the bedding! Can't wait to hear names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this little survey! That bedding is just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this! His bedding is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me DIE laughing! "Are you scared about the labor?: Are YOU scared of something the size of a watermelon coming out of your something the size of a raisin? Yeah, that's what I thought ..." katie. . . i haven't said it today. . so here it comes . . . yes, that's right. . . I love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah loved this! Thanks for sharing it all. My fav was "where was this baby conceived?" ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! :) I am so anxious to "meet" this little fella!

    And I laughed out loud @ the "conceived in my uterus..." Thanks for keeping it PG! Ha!

    Hope you're adjusting well to the whole SAHW gig...I'm jealous and I keep telling MD boy that I am going to start a trend and call it SAHGF...He didn't like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been gone and I honestly missed the updates about your baby bump.!! I hope everything is coming along quite well. Seems great.!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I love that bedding. Great color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh love the bedding! Great updates!

    Can you link me up this AM? Thanks girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bedding and white crib!

    I had the same problem reading my test the first time around so second time around we went with a test that would say pregnant or not pregnant haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! And really cute bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your bedding. I didn't know you were older than me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7/22/2010

    so cute!! I may have to copy this one for my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love your bedding and crib! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your bedding. it's so cute... I can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute blog!! New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your bumpdates! I'm glad you are feeling a little more uplifted now. That's one reason why I love blogging so much- all the support and love!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this survey thingy.....I may have to steal it for my blog as well!!!

    You are gonna be such a great mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woo hoo! That name deadline is coming up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! Especially your response to where the baby was conceived! hahah! Bedding is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  22. The baby furniture is too cute!!! I can't wait to hear your name choices!

    ReplyDelete