Friday, July 16, 2010

Favorite Fridays & Girl's Night!

Happy Friday loverlies!  Friday means a lot of things.  It means no working for 2 days, it means the weekend is HERE and it also means ...

Favorite Fridays

And this week's topic is just. plain. mean.  Why you ask?  Because today's topic is ...

Favorite Cocktail

Like I need any more reason to remember that I'm not endulging in these tasty treats!  I had a reminder of one last night when we went out to celebrate my best friends divorce (I realize that sounds strange, but it's been a long time coming and a COMPLETE blessing that it's over and DONE with!)

Here's the one I was reminded of last night ...




And second, any fruity, tropical, umbrella added version of these ...




Oh how I miss you tasty treats.  BUT OH how worth it it is to abstain from them for a measly 9 months!

Now, back to last night.  I got a group of girls together to celebrate my MOH's (and best friend since 8th grade) recent divorce being finalized.  It's been a long time coming, a lot of stress and sleepless nights and a lot more hassle than it needed to be but our prayers were answered last Tuesday when it was all DONE and put behind her!  Now she's single and ready to mingle (at least that was the theme last night) and I don't think she's going to have ANY problem finding someone wonderful.  I mean just look at the girl ...


{Drinking her Mambo Taxi at Mi Cocina in her special "celebrate" flute that Julianne brought her.}


{Alysia, one of my bestest friends and her pregnant friend, Gigantor.}


{DEWISHOUS non-alcoholic beer.  This made me VERY happy ...}


{I just had to take a picture of how inappropriate this looks ...}


{All the single ladies.  Actually, there were only 3.  Don't ask what I'm doing, I have no idea ...}


And last but CERTAINLY not least I'd like to say a big, huge, FAT ...




to my blog bestie and Soulmatey for the AMAZING job she just landed at a prestigous law firm in ATLANTA!  I am SO proud and thrilled for you Soulmatey!!!  You SO deserve this!!!  Please feel free to go wish her congrats soon.  She had to go private during the interview process but will be back public again in no time with a totally new blog design from none other than MY fabulous designer and good friend, (who happens to be pictured up there in the girl's group photo) Fabulous K!  So hang in there and be patient with her!  She'll be back to her full force hilarious adorable self SOON!!!

 Okay, that's it from me today loverlies!!!  I hope you all have t-e-double-rrific weekends!!!

11 comments:

  1. You are the best. And I love you. THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!

    Also, can we go to Cocina for one of those Mambo taxis when I'm in Dallas? Come on! You know that non alcoholic brewski is calling your name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I love the inappropriate picture...My hubby made me buy beer last week!! We thought it would be funny to take a pic, but then thought maybe people would judge ;)
    Enjoy your weekend!
    and btw I still think you are a super cute pregnant chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya for finalizing divorce.. :) Not sure if one should be excited but you are so I am. Love the non alcoholic beer whatever gets ya by! I've heard non alcoholic mimosas are suppose to be pretty good.

    I was wondering about her blog I kept trying to go to it but it was locked out.. I was sad.. Good for her though that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See i think that going without sushi and alcohol for 9 whole months would be just too dificult for me. But like you said its totally worth it

    Divorce parties are actually all the rage out here in southern CA so i didn't bat an eye at it. Thats good she is getting out of an unhealthy marriage

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm.....Mi Cocina is my favorite! Looks like you all had a wonderful night out! And you look great! Such a cute preggo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mambo taxi's are yummo! BUt that non alcoholic beer didnt look too shabby :) You look cute in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 1: MOH is beautiful and some hot man will snatch her up in no time. . . ESPECIALLY with a precious little girl like P!!!!! Number 2: You make me laugh SOOOOOOOOO much and i love love love you! You are soooooo cute pregnant and I know that Matt loves you even more than EVER!!!!!!!! Number 3: since the little birdie who told me doesn't even know how to get to blogspot.com. . . I knew you were pregnant a WHILE before you announced it! So just think, I have been praying for little Fulmer for months! :-) AND I cannot wait until he comes! ;-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor best friends! But happy to her being happy hopefully!! She's lucky to have such great friends to celebrate with though.

    You look so good preggers, but I know the larger than life feeling you have when pregnant in the summer.

    So glad to hear she will be back...I thought her blog was gone forever with not even a goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh you are so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your friend's flute!!! Congrats to your friend! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Ohh I don't miss the NA beer days at all, but I might have to remember your delicious NA beer suggestion for next time! The best I could find was Old Milwaukee NA...SERIOUSLY!!! You look so cute preggo and I'm glad you had a fun night!

    ReplyDelete