Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MIA Yesterday ... And Maybe A Bit Today ...

Hi sweet blog friends!  I'm SO sorry for the MIA'ness yesterday, I started my day out at about 6:30am delivering this ...




To this guy ...




Before he went in to surgery.  That's my daddy.  He had rotator cuff surgery yesterday at 7am.  I ended up staying at the hospital until about 6:30pm with him, making sure he could eat, get things he needed, etc.  Poor guy, what kind of luck is it to have to have your RIGHT rotator cuff operated on.  He's going to have to learn to do everything with his left hand for at least the next 6 weeks while he's in that awesome cast.  The doc says it will be about 6 months until he's fully recovered.  However he told me he thinks that "Pops" (what the baby will call him) will be able to hold his grandson when he gets here in November.

On top of being MIA all day I've been feeling pretty sick.  Since about Monday afternoon-ish I've felt naseous, heart-burny, achy and tired.  The nurses at the hospital yesterday took my temp several times to make sure I didn't have one (and I didn't thank goodness) so they think I might be dehydrated from the sunburn I gave myself on Saturday.  However, I've tried and TRIED to drink tons of water but it just makes me feel more naseous.  I did wake up last night sweating so I'm not sure if I had a fever and it broke or if that's just being pregnant and hot all the time.  I'm really not able to keep much down for the moment, but I've put a call into the doc and luckily we have our 24 week appt. on Friday so if nothing else I'll make sure everything's okay then.  As for me, I'm heading back to bed.  And Koda bear's coming with me.  He doesn't feel too good either, the Mister came home to poop all over the house (Koda NEVER poops in the house) yesterday evening and then he pooped a bit of blood (sorry for all the poop talk, those with kids and pets understand) however he's been eating just fine and acting his normal self.  I'm going to watch him and see if we need to take him to the vet.  But like I said, for now we're going to go curl up on the couch and not leave unless nature calls.

Oh and one more funny fact.  Apparently (when I actually FEEL like eating) this little active baby boy likes him some kiddie sugary cereals as evidenced from the picture of my most recent grocery store purchase ...




Ridiculous right?  I do have to say that the one I've tried so far (the Marshmallow one) is pretty dang good.  I have high expectations for the cupcake version ...

Have a great day loverlies!!!

28 comments:

  1. OMG cupcake pebbles?!?!? Yum!!

    Hope your dad heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i totally read that wrong and thought you said that your mister came home and pooped all over the house! wow, what a horrible thing that would be. poor koda and poor you--hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ol' Cocoa Pebbles will always be my favorite!
    I hope Pops recovers quick, same with you and Mr. KodaBaGoda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and Koda and your daddy all feel better soon sweet friend! Btw my dad and I perused his yearbooks over the weekend and I saw some rockin pics of our parents. Wowza..the 70's...need I say more?? Seriously Im considering blogging about my dads 70's fro haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. cupcake pebbles, no way?! you have to let us know how they taste!!
    you are such a sweet daughter!! :) i hope your pops heals fast hun!
    hope you are feeling better soon as well! you poor girl :( and your poor pup, my goodness!
    i hope you have a very relaxing day hun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping your dad in my prayers - hope he recovers quickly!

    And Fruity Pebbles are my favorite cereal of all times. I will have to try the versions! :) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you & sweet Koda feel better. Let me know if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My father in law just had his rotator cuff surgery about a month ago & was able to get out of his sling last week. Good luck to your daddy & I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Dad has a quick recovery and that you and Kota feel better. It's never fun when you don't feel good, and your pup isn't feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better soon! PS the cupcake pebbles are delish...I've tried them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your daddy is doing well after his surgery. And I hope you feel better soon too!

    PS- those cereals do look pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better, pretty girl! I hope you, your dad and Koda get better soon. My mom had that same surgery and it was awful, but she got a botch job. Remind him to take it easy!! Feel better and nibble on those delicious looking cereals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers sent your way. Hope you daddy recovers quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw your poor dad! He'll get the hang of the left handed thing in no time flat.

    Um Drake totally pooed all over the house 2 days in a row and it was not pleasant AT all. We had to get the carpets cleaned it was so bad.

    Try feeding him chicken, rice and cottage cheese instead of his kibble to make his stomach better that's what the vet always tells us to do if he gets the runs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope you get feeling better soon!! my nephew already calls my dad pops and so will our little girl...those pebbles have me salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh poor Pops, hope he gets better soon!!

    My parents dog has major issues going on right now due to eating pampers, ya not so good! But, we are feeding him boiled chicken and rice.

    No fun when everyone is sick though!! I hope you feel better.

    Those cupcake pebbles sound BEYOND delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...sorry about your daddy....and sorry that you arent feeling well either!!
    Prayers for a quick recovery for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so engrossed by your pretty font (I'm a stickler for font for some reason...won't read a book with ugly font), that honestly, I'm going to have to re-read your entire post to see what it said.
    Anywho, grabbed your blog button for my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh no I hope your dad, you and koda all feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw an ad for the cupcake pebbles, and I just had to get them for Gabe~!!! Haven't tried them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also read that as the mister coming home to poop all over the house = mister came home for the purpose of pooping all over the house.

    Gave me a good chuckle.

    My father in law is having that same surgery tomorrow morning, does not look like much fun at all :(

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH Wow, Cupcake PEBBLES?!? I must go buy some. I hope Pops heals quickly! He's so lucky to have you taking care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  23. YUM! I have never tried those kinds, but I loved me some fruity/cocoa pebbles when I was preggo! Hope you feel better soon! Looking forward to updates after your appt!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry you're not feeling well honey! Such a good daughter taking care of your Daddy though :)

    Cupcake Pebbles? OMG that sounds amazingg

    PS If you do end up doing TT, can you link me up? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just came across your blog! It's so cute :) And you're an adorable pregnant lady!

    I hope your dad's surgery went well!

    And cupcake fruit pebbles?! I've never heard of such a thing haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you all start feeling better! Those cupcake fruity pebbles look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. There are Cupcake Pebbles?! I may have to get me some of those! I'm sorry you're feeling crummy! I hope it's nothing and that you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete